Illness and WI?

RM07

Silver Member
I've been ill since last Thursday and haven't eaten much in the past week. How much can illness affect WI?

I have class tomorrow night and I'm trying to eat properly today and will tomorrow but wondering how much damage has already been done!

Last edited:
Depends on what type of illness. If it's a can't eat/throwing up kind of illness then you may have a good loss but if it's like a cold and you just want to eat comfort food then you may have a small gain but that will be rectified next week

It's been a cold where I didn't eat for one whole day and then not much the next. Day 5 of illness and today is the first time I've had three meals a day.

My throat feels like it has razor blades in it so I find it hard to swallow :(

We have buffet night tomorrow and whilst I feel ok to go I don't think I should cook anything... so Mikado sticks it is ;)

Reactions: Taz
You may have found that your weight would have dropped a lot in the days that you didn't eat the getting back to normal eating may have piled it a little. You may have a small gain if your body started storing so don't be too disappointed if you do, it will come off next week. I find that when ill you have to go easy on yourself and weight loss shouldn't be a consideration. Part of getting better is eating what your body wants, for me that is usually chicken soup and nothing else! I just tell myself that I will eat what I need to make myself feel better then tackle any gains when I am better x

Back