Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Illness and WI?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by RM07, 28 April 2009 Social URL.

1. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been ill since last Thursday and haven't eaten much in the past week. How much can illness affect WI?

I have class tomorrow night and I'm trying to eat properly today and will tomorrow but wondering how much damage has already been done!

Last edited: 28 April 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Depends on what type of illness. If it's a can't eat/throwing up kind of illness then you may have a good loss but if it's like a cold and you just want to eat comfort food then you may have a small gain but that will be rectified next week

4. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's been a cold where I didn't eat for one whole day and then not much the next. Day 5 of illness and today is the first time I've had three meals a day.

My throat feels like it has razor blades in it so I find it hard to swallow :(

We have buffet night tomorrow and whilst I feel ok to go I don't think I should cook anything... so Mikado sticks it is ;)

Taz likes this.
  5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    You may have found that your weight would have dropped a lot in the days that you didn't eat the getting back to normal eating may have piled it a little. You may have a small gain if your body started storing so don't be too disappointed if you do, it will come off next week. I find that when ill you have to go easy on yourself and weight loss shouldn't be a consideration. Part of getting better is eating what your body wants, for me that is usually chicken soup and nothing else! I just tell myself that I will eat what I need to make myself feel better then tackle any gains when I am better x

RM07 likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.