I'm 27 and have 12 stone to lose..

MrsTinaV

Loving Married Life
Hi all

Wow seeing the fact that I have 12stone 1lb to lose on the menu at the left hand side really has shocked me.

I knew I had to lose a LOT but somehow seeing it in print like that really shows!

I would love to make new friends on here for support. I've previously done SW, an old version of WW and Cambridge. I now find myself being 27, unable to do gardening or clean my house (which is my pride and joy) easily or feel attractive for my hubby. I've also got PCOS so will likely have trouble concieving and also high blood pressure.

My goals are to sort out all the above, be able to wear dresses and not be stared at for being massive. I currently look at myself and am so ashamed of what I have done to myself, it is time to change.

Tina x

Hi Hun, you have taken the first step by starting afresh in here. I'm 29 and sooo know how you feel. What plan are you going to follow? X

hi hun i agree with all the comments you have took the fisrt step joining here and everyone here as been where you are now or still there and starting there journey good luck

xx chezz xx

Hi Tina, welcome to the forum, I know where you are coming from as I started just over a week ago at a similar weight and am aiming for around 11 stone . I also have suspected pcos but we haven't explored that yet as I have had other health issues so that something my gp wants to check out. I am sure you will find it useful being part of this group in particular as its such a lovely place to come to and be with others who also have alot of weight to lose, good luck with your weight loss, Em x

Hi Tina.
Good luck with your weight loss journey, you can do it if you really want it. It always easy and you will have your moments but, if you overcome each hurdle you will get to your goal sooner than never. :) I am sorry you have PCOS, it's also slightly harder to lose weight when you have it. Take it 1lb at a time and you will get there! Don't aim too high, set yourself mini goals and it makes it a lot easier. xx

Hi all

Thank you for all your lovely replies. I really appreciate it. I've had a good first day and feel so much better in myself already for not eating crap and have, for the first time in a long long long time had 5 portions of fruit and vege!

Well done for making the first steps - once you're a week in and start to see pounds slide away you'll be flying it. I've been on track for a month almost and it is brill - this really is my "I mean it this time" attempt.

I started just over a week ago and I have to say I am feeling so much more confident about my diet now I have got past the first week, the first week was a really mixed bag of emotions , I was very motivated one min and then wanting to give up the next min thinking "I can't do this" and then I had the withdrawal symptoms from my high carb / fat diet and cravings and then this week I feel like I've got into the swing of things and its easier so all I wanted to say was the first week can be one of the toughest, just stick with it, come on these forums if you need support and you will do so well. The groups on here are a God send, I am using them daily at the moment as the support has made the different between me giving up as I would have usually done and instead unlike usual sticking with the plan and being inspired by other people progress. Emma x

Hi :)
Good luck on your journey. :)

Hey Tina,

I'm 22 & i notice you're from Essex too :) Where abouts?

I started Cambridge 16 weeks ago weighing 20 stone 8lb, but now i've lost exactly 4 stone, and i am now 16 stone 8lb.
I get weighed Friday mornings, so fingers crossed i'll be in the 15's in a couple of weeks :D

My goal is 11 stone by christmas!
So if you'd like to lose a good 5/6 stone by christmas like me, we can buddy up & do it together :) x

Also, i have PCOS and had it since i was 10 years old.
All this talk of 'its harder to lose weight' is really rubbish, if i can lose 4 stone in 16 weeks, ANYONE CAN and i refuse to believe otherwise lol!

Hey tina

Im 25 and started my journey 6 weeks ago at 31:3 stone (absolutly massive) and as of this morning iam 27:6

Im really struggling because i have so much to lose it just seems never ending, i see alot of people on here with 3/4 stone to lose and i envy them sooo much, but i have noone to blame but myself,

I wish you all the luck through your journey and if you need any support im here x

tina i agree with you with will power we will all get there if our minds are set to do it

Hi Kirstyjade, I felt very similar to you in that I kept on coming on the forum and coming across people who had half a stone to one and a half stone to lose and they were saying how fat and awful they were and I was feeling like "oh god I have over half my body weight to lose" and started to feel really low and then I found this forum for those who have a lot to lose and it really helps me as I feel like I belong and don't feel as ashamed to open up here and its great talking with people in a similar situation who also have a lot of weight to lose.

Oh and have to say wow wow wow with regards to your weight loss so far, thats amazing, you are doing brilliantly, Em x

I felt very similar to you in that I kept on coming on the forum and coming across people who had half a stone to one and a half stone to lose and they were saying how fat and awful they were and I was feeling like "oh god I have over half my body weight to lose" and started to feel really low

I changed Slimming World meetings due to my work schedule. The previous group I was going to was mostly women who had about 1-2 stone to lose, which I don't think most of them needed really, but it's up to them. Anyway, I changed last week and my new meeting has a few women who are my size, a handful who have lost over 6stone and also a lady who has lost 12 stone :eek: it's nicer to be able to talk with people who are in the same boat as you or, was :)

Hope you're having a slimtastic week Tina! x

so true pipaluk, I don't want to run down other peoples weight loss journeys its just when someone bangs on about how fat they are and they like want to lose a stone or just over and you have like half of your body weight to lose its really depressing, I had to leave the groups which were full of people aiming for small total losses as I realised it was making me so low and low for me means I want to binge!! This group is great, because either everyone has alot of weight to lose or has lost a lot of weight already which inspires you. Em x

I'm 27 and have PCOS.. And my blood pressure has been raised the last few times my doctor has checked it.. So let's do something about it :)

What's the plan of action?

Rozie x

Hi Rozie, I have suspected PCOS my gp wants to look into this soon, it does worry me so I kind of stuck my head in the sand over it as we have had other health issues like sleep apnea which needed looking into more urgently so thats next on my list to get checked, have alot of the symptoms!:( I see from your start weight and current weight that you are doing really well at the moment. This group seems to be very supportive as we are all in similar situations weight wise and most of us have been motivated due to health issues etc. Em

Hello darling

The gynae hasn't officially diagnosed me with pcos either so I'm going back to see him on Tuesday to talk to him about it.

I have every symptom in the history of pcos I think lol

It's not scary so I wouldn't worry. Just know that exercise and diet are our best friends for controlling reducing and in some cases even getting rid of it.

Any help u need let me know x

Back