I'm 27 and have 12 stone to lose..

I have PCOS, diagnosed with it when i was 10 years old, had a very large operation to remove cysts from my ovaries when i was just 10.
I am now 22, I've lost 4 stone in just 15 weeks, and my blood pressure was checked about 10 days ago, in the words of my doctor "Sinead its that of a teenager" so i'm doing amazing :D - PCOS hasn't slow downed my weight loss in the slighest, and it really hasn't caused me any problems since losing weight!

thats really good to know Rozie and Sinead, it worries me even though the main thing that often worries people with PCOS is about getting pregnant and for me thats not an issue as I don't intend to have kids but I guess any health issues cause you worry. Sinead that op at such a young age must have been scary, you are so brave and your weight loss so far is amazing, you really are doing so well. My first goal is to either get rid of or at least improve greatly my sleep apnea as thats been a recent problem and its been destroying my life as I have been so tired but already with the stone I have lost in the last two weeks I am feeling less tired and theres not as much fat around my neck so I can sleep on my back again for the first time in ages! Em xx

I got told I have PCOS but my doctor seem'd very determined that losing weight would help reduce any risk of not being any able conceive in the future. Mind you, I doubt I'll be trying for at least 10 years!

Massive well done on losing 6lbs this week xx

thanks hun, yeah the PCOS I believe can be helped with weight loss as far as I know, I was told also that it should help my sleep apnea but they can't guarantee this but I think losing weight can only help with health conditions, afterall being so overweight is hardly going to help my health so I have to believe that this will help also my recent health issues have really motivated me to change as I just can't go on as I am as I am sure many on here will understand all too well. Em x

Back