im a newbie..going to give Slimming world a try...

Smurfy2113

hi all..

Im new to this and have enjoyed having a read of different tips and advice! Ive always done weight watchers... on and off... (more off than on)
i've decided to give slimming world a try.. although I cant afford to go to classes and I work shifts so I cant always make the classes.

any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
:D

Welcome. Hopefully you will love SW.

My tips:

Plan, plan, plan. Drink lots. Choose food that you like to eat (that is on plan) not what you think you should be eating and use your syns - they are there to help you stick to the plan. And don't think of this as a diet. It is a new way of life and whatever you do should be sustainable.

Hope it goes well for you.

Gail x

Welcome to SW. I would advise going to class, even if only for the first week so you can get the books and the all-important consultant talk. You would also get a PIN for the SW website so you could note the syns of all your favourite foods while you still have access. SW is very different to WW so it will be difficult at the start to forget about points and portions. Did you know that if you work shifts and let your consultant know in advance whether you will be attending or not then you do not have to pay for missed weeks. might be worth thinking about.

Hi & welcome to SW! ;)

It is worth getting the books & getting your head around the diet early on - but I also weigh at home, plenty on here do too!

Good luck :D
XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I'm a shift worker to I go to different meetings every week. I also was in an off ww constantly like you let me tell u now sw is a million times easier.
If u can't go ur in the right place on here. I find the recipe pages really helpful. Get itself a soup made for snacking helps a lot. Also u can buy the recipe books on eBay an amazon
Good luck xxxx

Hi! I've just started too! I'm finding it tricky to get round the not counting - and have just had the most mahoosive dinner I've had for a long time - would have been loads of ProPoints, but was only a few syns - 3, I think.

I'm sitting perusing these boards and the SW site tonight to try and plan the next week's meal - particularly lunch as that is flummoxing me somewhat! Am making soup this weekend as that's easy to pull out of the freezer in the morning!

Good luck - I definitely think SW is more sustainable for life!

Good luck on getting to grips with the sw plan! Please persevere with it, as it is brilliant and it works! This site is fab for any help you need!

kylie_smiley said:
Hi! I've just started too! I'm finding it tricky to get round the not counting - and have just had the most mahoosive dinner I've had for a long time - would have been loads of ProPoints, but was only a few syns - 3, I think.

I'm sitting perusing these boards and the SW site tonight to try and plan the next week's meal - particularly lunch as that is flummoxing me somewhat! Am making soup this weekend as that's easy to pull out of the freezer in the morning!

Good luck - I definitely think SW is more sustainable for life!

Have you got any slimming world recipe books

Make urself some soup

image-217437867.jpg

This one is yum and is 12 speed foods ( I know ingredients look gross but really nice) then just blitz it very filling and food for lunch time. Also mug shots are nice all 1percent ones are free

You can change it as you like some put beef stock in it and other veg chicken definitely helps to keep you going through the day and 2 finger kit kats, muller lights French fries lol I love me treats.

Hey and welcome! Newbie here too, but been going to SW classes since May.

My advice is plan, plan, plan! And I keep rough food diary for syns because for me not writing the syns down I end up having a 1/2 here and 1 there. It amounts up.

Also, a tip for shift work be careful with your A and B choices, there was a lady at work who worked the night shift and she was having double A and B choices on extra easy because for her the new day started when she got off shift in the morning, but she had already had her A and B choices.

Other than that :) love your books etc - let them be your rock.And most of all ENJOY EATING :D

xx

Hi Hun I've just swapped from ww too good luck :) xxxx

welcome aboard, lot of great advice on here. Just ask and someone has already been there and will know an answer xx

Back