Im a newbie! pasta sauces?!

Hello everyone!
this is my first ever post... :D

im doing slimming world from home (extra easy), and have been doing so for the last 4 weeks and have lost 9lbs so far..

however im starting to flop when it comes to food recipes... i'm getting fed up of potatoes veg and chicken, which I have most nights!
can anyone help me out and give me some easy meal ideas please? :)

I also absolutely love carbonara pasta, but don't know any recipes to make my own that is syn free ?

any help will be appreciated!!!
thank you :)
Lauren xxxxxxx

I saw this in the recipes and thought it looked yum!

x

Brocolli & Macaroni Cheese
From the quick & easy dinners recipe book

Super simple to make
Serves 4
Ready in about 30 mins
Syns per serving: 4.5 syns on Green & Extra Easy if not using the cheese as HEA choice.

Ingredients:
12 oz/340g dried macaroni
11 oz/312g brocolli florets
4 oz/113g smoked cheese, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
9 oz/255g quark
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
salt & pepper

Method:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6. Boil the macaroni in a pan for 10-12 minutes adding the brocolli florets for the last 4 minutes. Drain well & set aside.
Mix together the smoked cheese, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, quark & egg yolks in a large bowl & season well. Add the pasta & brocolli & toss to coat evenly.
Put the pasta mixture into an ovenproof dish & bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven & serve. Top with a twist of black pepper.

Hello everyone!
this is my first ever post... :D

im doing slimming world from home (extra easy), and have been doing so for the last 4 weeks and have lost 9lbs so far..

however im starting to flop when it comes to food recipes... i'm getting fed up of potatoes veg and chicken, which I have most nights!
can anyone help me out and give me some easy meal ideas please? :)

I also absolutely love carbonara pasta, but don't know any recipes to make my own that is syn free ?

any help will be appreciated!!!
thank you :)
Lauren xxxxxxx

Wow! Well done with your weight loss, Lauren. I've been doing it at home for 8 weeks now and have lost the same as you so wish we could swap places! :D There are loads of recipe ideas on here - I totally love this site, it's so inspirational. I've added my own thread with some easy recipes on, if you're interested. You go into SW Recipes thread and it's called something like Easy Meals with Minimum Ingredients or something like that! Can't remember exactly - must be the start of old age!! Hope it helps and good luck on your SW journey. Kathy x

Hi there.
Welcome to SW & this forum.
There are hundreds of recipes on this site. I have several recipes for Spaghetti carbonara on my recipe page, (just follow the link below) Index on page 74!
Pete

Hubby cooked a spaghetti carbonara from the Slimming Eats website - was delicious :)

Back