I'm alive....!! - update

Caz

Repeat Offender
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in a few weeks, it's been a bit manic, but I thought I'd give you a bit of an update!

I'm now in London until the end of September working. I'm loving the job, though it's pretty busy, manic and stressful at times, but I like it! It's varied and keeps me busy which is always good.

Diet wise, it's a bit out the window. I haven't been following any diet in the past 3 weeks really at all. I've put on about 1lb so I'm not worrying about it too much. My aim here is to maintain really. I mean, I'd love to still lose and am going to try and get back on track with that, but I'm not going to worry and stress about it, I don't have time to! So as long as I stay the same and don't do lots of damage, I can cope.

Interestingly the two girls in the house I'm living in have had gastric bands. It's interesting hearing about it. I don't think it's something I would do personally, but fair play to anyone that does. They've lost a huge amount of weight and are doing really well. I think the thing I've realised about it is that actually it's not necessarily the easy option. It's harder than people might think.

The great thing is that the girl whose house this actually is has obviously been shrinking out of all her clothes and is now a 16, from a 24 I think, so has been giving me loads of her 18s and 20s which is cool, means I have a decent size wardrobe again! I even have a 16 that fits me now, though I'm not a 16, but it says 16 and it fits so I don't care it deserves a :bliss:

I did plan to try and find a gym down here but I don't get home til 7 and I have no idea where my nearest one is, so I might scrap that idea for now!

So yeah, that's me all updated, how are you guys?!

xx

Great to hear from you and well done on the new home and job. You sound like you're having a great time. Can't believe you've only put on 1lb in all this time off CD. You must be making good choices.... spill please :)

Take care xxx

sounds like your having a super time hun! What job are you doing?
and well done on the maintaining....just goes to show that healthy choices are the way forward!
:D
xxxx

1lbs on only wow thats very very good!

Was wondering about you the other day as it goes

Where in London are ya?

Hey guys, I'm in SW London, working in an Estate Agents in a place called Clapham if any of you now of it! I do quite a lot of admin, but am really enjoying it. It's very busy but very varied which is good. I'm not really sure how I've only put on 1lb to be honest! We'll just have to see how it goes from here I guess. I've been making sure I have breakfast which probably helps, what with kick starting my metabolism and stuff.

Hi Caroline! Good to hear you are doing well. Been strange without you here! x x

Hey Caroline! Welcome back into the fold :D

I'm so jealous you've only put on a pound in 3 weeks of no diet...I sometimes put a pound on when following it to the letter!

Glad you're having yourself a good time (and into a size 16...whether you think you're a size 16 or not, if the shoe fits and all that...) xx

Glad to hear you have a job and enjoying yourself!

Thanks guys, nice to feel so loved!

I love Clapham too, is a great place. Would happily stay forever!!

I Missed ya Miss G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you are loving the job and the weight loss is fine - no gastric bands missus !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh don't you worry, I won't be having a gastric band! I actually never even considered it. I guess I never got to the point where I felt that it was my only option. And it's just not how I personally want to lose weight. For me it's all about the choices that I make and the thing with a gastric band is that you have no choice. You can't physically eat that much. So you don't, and you lose weight. But as I said, my weight loss needs to be about decisions that I make for myself day to day. The choice to go to the gym, not just sit in front of the DVD. The decision to make dinner even though I'm tired and takeaway is easier. The decision to reach for fruit before reaching for crisps or chocolate. I need to make those decisions every single day that I diet, or I won't make them after. For me it's about making those choices and making them my habit. So it's what I automatically do, even if sometimes it's harder and I have to make myself. I just have to know that I can do this for myself. That I won't have a life of a gastric band. Or a life of doing CD. Or in fact any diet. But that I can retrain myself into a healthy and active lifestyle.

And now I'll stop rambling!!

Welcome back Caroline, great to hear from you!!! Sounds like you're having a fab time. Nice that you have found somewhere good to live and have a good job. Well done on only putting on 1lb - that's fab!!!

Back