I'm Back for good this time!

Nikkiruth

Big fan of Mini min
Hi everyone, to all you I don't know and to those who remember me!
I'm Back, I have had a rough time over the last few months, what with my OH having a stroke, luckily for him he only had minor problems left with him, he then had an ankle replacement at the end of January, which he is still recovering from, and I myself am still unwell with back and hip problems. I have had a bad few months and consequently I have fallen to food as comfort, I don't have the energy to look after myself as I have been running (very slowly) around after my OH, you would think I would be a stick insect by now, unfortunately I haven't been eating right and grabbing chocolate as comfort.
But all that is about to change, this morning I got up and had so much pain in my joints I said to myself enough is enough, if you don't sought your life out you are going to end up a cripple, I know I have arthritis in my back and hips but the weight will not help them and I don't want to be on pain killers all the time.
So this morning I took stock of my life then I weighed myself to find I had hit the 16 stone mark, which was like a blow to the stomach!
I even told my OH how much I weighed and I have never told him how much I weigh, so I feel I have turned a corner, Just by admitting this to him.
So I have started back on the SW plan and I'm just about to go into town and get some supplies in so I won't waver, I know this plan works as I have lost over 5 stone before, I also know when I am focused I can succeed so today is the day to start being focused,
I will also start posting my diary's again which I found did help.
I always weighed on a Monday so I am going back to doing this, so hope you will let me back in and I may need your help on my journey, Please check out my diary later on today and any comments are always welcome!
For now thank you for reading my story and look forward to catching up with you all xx

Hey.
Sounds like you had a rough time. Good to have you back looking for some online buddies to help keep each other motivated. Your roughly same weight as me. Its hard isnt it admitting to yourself time is time. But well done you for doing it. Its time to turn a new corner and open some new doors for us.
Good luck on your journey and message me any time :)

Hi Stacie3006, :)
Thanks for popping in, yes it was hard to admit to one’s self but I'm glad I have, I would love to be your buddies, I think we all need help and encouragement, especially when you first start.
I have done SW before and lost 5 stone, then did what most people did and thought I didn't need to carry on but to go back to my old eating habits, that was my biggest mistake.
Due to my circumstances I am not able to go to a class so I'm going it alone, this is why this site is so good; I feel you can get the support like you do in a class.
How are you finding the plan, (I never call it a diet as I plan to do this for the rest of my life) and do you prefer Red or Green
Lets speak soon xx

Hi Nikkiruth, sounds like it has been a very stressful few months for you! So glad your OH is recovering, strokes can be so scary.

Sounds like it is time to take care of you! Well done for getting back into it! Good luck on your journey!

Thanks dawnwynne, I must say I feel very positive so I know I can suceed when I feel positive, I just need to keep positive and I know with Minimims help I can do it. x

Hi Stacie3006, :)
Thanks for popping in, yes it was hard to admit to one’s self but I'm glad I have, I would love to be your buddies, I think we all need help and encouragement, especially when you first start.
I have done SW before and lost 5 stone, then did what most people did and thought I didn't need to carry on but to go back to my old eating habits, that was my biggest mistake.
Due to my circumstances I am not able to go to a class so I'm going it alone, this is why this site is so good; I feel you can get the support like you do in a class.
How are you finding the plan, (I never call it a diet as I plan to do this for the rest of my life) and do you prefer Red or Green
Lets speak soon xx

Hi,
Well done you for coming back and being so honest.
I've just come back too - having done precisely what you say in your message!
I was at target until October and have then managed to gain 12lbs....:(
Anyway, the most important thing, is despite the really difficult time that you've gone through, is that you've recognised that you also need to do something for you too.
I hope it goes well for you and you know that we'll all be here.
Take care.

Thanks for your support and hope you manage to lose your gain, I think it does take courage to look at your life and say enough is enough, which by doing so is admitting to yourself you are the only one who can do this, but hey its nice to have help and support of others in the same position on your side thanks to everyone at Minimims xx

Thanks thats very kind of you, thats what I like about this site you make so many friends

Extra Easy Trial

Hi, I have been chatting to some of you on here about EE, which I have found difficult getting my head round the Healthy Extras, so I sat down last night and read and reread the books and have decided to give it a go for a week.
I think one of the reasons I don't want to do it is because I did try it once before and didn't lose any weight, which can deflate you, the other reason is I cook for 2 other people in my household and I am finding I’m cooking two meals one for them and one for me for example spag bol, I have to cook a meat free version for me (my family won’t eat it), so I can have the same meal, or a meat free curry and rice and a chicken curry and rice for the others.
This is why I would love to follow the EE plan so it would save me a lot of work.
I would appreciate any advice, and I will keep you posted on how I do, I will also leave a menu diary every day, so you can see if I go wrong and advise me!
I would also appreciate anyone out there who finds this plan has worked for them and given good results, I keep looking on other threads, but not found many but I will keep looking,
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who reads this and can help and I in return will always try and help if I can in anyway :):)

Hi nikkiruth. I am doing EE and have been since I started slimming world 4 weeks ago. It does fit into my life well as I also didn't want to end up cooking 3 diff meals. I find it easy to just make small adjustments to my meal to make it EE friendly. If my husband and daughter have fish, chips and peas for example then I just swap my chips for salad and take the coating off the fish, making it a free meal. I had been doing well on my weight loss losing 1 and a half pounds the first week, then 2lbs second week, then 3lbs last week. However this week I somehow managed to put 3 lbs bk on and I had no idea why. But I have looked bk thro my food diarys and I believe my gain was due to the fact that I hardly had any superfree foods for that week. So this week I've made sure that I've had loads and the space for writing down my superfree is heaving. We'll see on weds when I weigh in if my theory has been right. Anyway hope this helps u, as I've only been doing it 4 weeks I haven't had much experience. Let me kno how u get on.

Hi nikkiruth. I am doing EE and have been since I started slimming world 4 weeks ago. It does fit into my life well as I also didn't want to end up cooking 3 diff meals. I find it easy to just make small adjustments to my meal to make it EE friendly. If my husband and daughter have fish, chips and peas for example then I just swap my chips for salad and take the coating off the fish, making it a free meal. I had been doing well on my weight loss losing 1 and a half pounds the first week, then 2lbs second week, then 3lbs last week. However this week I somehow managed to put 3 lbs bk on and I had no idea why. But I have looked bk thro my food diarys and I believe my gain was due to the fact that I hardly had any superfree foods for that week. So this week I've made sure that I've had loads and the space for writing down my superfree is heaving. We'll see on weds when I weigh in if my theory has been right. Anyway hope this helps u, as I've only been doing it 4 weeks I haven't had much experience. Let me kno how u get on.

Thanks for your post Katie, It does help me, and I will let you know how I do, I weighed today and lost 2lb's but that is only for 5 days as I started last Wednesday, so I am please it will be interesting to see how I do next Monday, x

I'm still going strong

Hi Just popped in to say I'm still going strong, I try and post my food diary everyday, I'm finding the EE going well, I hope I am following the plan correctly, please feel free to check out my diary and leave any comments, time will tell and I will be weighing in on Monday, so fingers crossed, I'm hoping it is going to work for me as I have enjoyed being on this plan and it has fitted in so well with the rest of the family!
Well I'm off to the shops as I have my mum visiting tomorrow for the weekend and I want to be prepared and don't weaken to any naughty treats. :D

Back