[IM BACK!] ShrinkingAlice's Diary. Through the Looking Glass...

I only joined so that I can say well done your inspiring me to try and stay focused and be good all say instead of 80./. Of the time

Hey Alice, can't believe how positive you are! I wake up every morning so determined and chuffed if I've been 100% the day before but by the end of the day I'm craving all the bad stuff again! if you have a little bit of spare positivity can you send it my way please?!

Hi applepie and hannah, thanks for following my diary. Im overflowing with positivity and motivation so i will send some bottled up to those that need some!

As for me, I have had another 100% day and I have really shrunk my appetite. I had shake 1 at 11 and shake 2 at 3.45 with no signs of hunger inbetween at all. Its now 6.30 and my baby girl is being a fusspot and wouldnt eat her tea so she is now sat on hubbys knee having a ham sandwich instead! Not really what I planned, shes normally really good in her highchair and eats amazingly well whatever you put in front of her but i think her teeth are bothering her so im sure once wont hurt. famous last words!

oh and i forgot to say to xAmy that i have seen the dual dynamics videos and the platinum players group on facebook is ace too. He is such an inspiration, I love the 'dont open the box' one, i keep thinking about what he says!

[video=youtube;fUgnHcneLDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUgnHcneLDQ[/video]

So... today is day SEVEN! Say it with me SE-VEN! Can I get a whoop whoop?! lol...

Anyway, im still sticking to it 100% and I feel amazing :) I had a weird moment earlier when I was feeling like I needed 'a treat' and its because usually on my weigh in day doing other diets I would have a treat - food, usually takeaway! - and thats what I was feeling. So tomorrow after weigh in I am going to give myself a NON food treat, not sure what yet. Maybe just a little something from a charity shop like a new book to read or something, but I need to change my brain from thinking a treat for 'being good', in this case being 100% for a week, should mean food. So... that was something I learnt today about myself. Taking food away is definitely something I needed to do, and today that proved it when I had that thought.

WEIGH IN TOMORROW! Im soooo excited to see a difference on those scales. I need to decide what shakes/soups I want to order tomorrow too, I like having 2 shakes and 2 soups each day, the savoury of soup makes me feel like Im not missing out. My weigh in is at 9.15 tomorrow so i will be on here skipping and jumping with glee after then! :D

Well done so far on your journey

I'm following slim and save so still a vlcd they rock!! Don't feel hungry at all, it's nuts!

Weigh in today...... drumroll please......
Lost 11 pounds! :D :D :D

Im sooooo glad my hard work has paid off! So happy right now! Onwards and inwards I go.... *shrink shrink shrink* :D

Wowzers, well done Alice!!! Congratulations, I am exactly the same with weigh in day and treat night, wonderful idea to treat yourself to something non-food instead - I might have to borrow this idea :)

I am on day 4 100% and feeling good too! We are going to be so much smaller by Christmas! Wahoooo

thanks everyone. im very happy with it. Hubby just came home with my 11 £2 coins for my teramundi pot and some stickers that say well done for me :Dx

Well done shrinkingalice, all your hard work is paying off x

start weight 13st 8 & 3/4lb, week 1 lost 13 & 3/4lb, goal weight 10st

Must drink more water today, only had 1 litre so far. naughty me.

If any of you are on in-st-a-gr-am i have a cambridge related one, username shrinkingalice so add me :)

I caught up with my water, woo! I am having a hunger moment right now, but it will pass.... or if not then I will just go to bed. I do have my final shake to have but Im trying to wait till 9pm when hubby has his tea... I think its the weigh in treat day head thats making me feel hungry rather than actual hunger, or maybe the want to actually EAT something, instead of drink! I would have killed for a piece of bread to dip in my soup earlier, but i will not give in, its just annoying me!

Ok positive, positive.... I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT GO OFF MY DIET. Im looking forward to my turkey steak and broccoli on the 27th december though... not that im counting down to it or anything but that will be the end of my 1st 12 weeks on SS, my first week on step 2, then back to SS for another 12 weeks... i might work out what date that takes me too.... I just like knowing my PLAN. :D

Edited to add: The 2nd 12 weeks on SS will be during Valentine's Day, Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary and My Birthday.... I guess they will be more non food treats, lol. Takes me to 28th March 2014!

Last edited:
Back