I'm getting an acti-fry!!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
..... Santa's bringing me one :D

Yay!!!

..... and a slow cooker :D

yay!!!

- Hmm. I feel quite sad, i must be the only seventeen year old on the planet asking for kitchen items for christmas :eek: Haha!

But damn it, i'm excited.

Now, throw your gorgeous recipes at me so i can be prepared.. Please :p

f xx

JEALOUSSS!!!

I want an Actifry! I want to eat supercrispy chips all the live long day!

OMG you can have supercrispy chips with supersoft tender chicken or beef stew in the slow cooker every day for the rest of your life.

I would die happy!

jelous much :cool: HAHA.

I'm sorry, i know.. i wish actifry's were less expensive so we could all enjoy super crispy chips with super succulent chicken or beef stews..

I am going to make burgers tomorrow for dinner from turkey mince in protest of you getting an actifry and me not getting one. :p

Turkey mince! :eek: It's not that bad surly?

i don't want to drive you to such lengths.. we can share the acti-fry okay? no need to panic.. stay calm.. take some deep breaths.. we can work this one out!

:D

Chips, wedges, roasties, nom nom nom. We roast our sunday veg in ours, carrot, parsnip, bns, swede. Or make farmhouse breakfast doodah (that is it's official name), small potatoes chunks, cubes of green peppers, roughly chopped onion, diced bacon, chopped low syn sausages. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They have been demostrating the Actifry on the Ideal World Shopping Channel tonight, it was being sold at £149.99 + p&p

She put a teaspoon of oil in the actifry, then added some chipped potatoes and hey presto beautful crispy, brown chips in no time at all.

I would love Santa to get me one, but my Santa has already bought me a new chest freezer - still I could grovel couldn't I, LOL.....

Last edited:
yes ,yes you will love it
I have now started doing my -
parsnips- take 12 mins
carrots- take 12/15 mins
swede- take 12/15 mins
sweet potato - take 10/12 mins
and i did sausages in it as well -take 12 /15 mins depending on thickness
I have started to use my slow cooker more aswell-
did beef, lamb, chicken- just put the . whole joint in with some herbs and water and veg - turned it on and left it must say though the best one is lamb OMG !!!!

Ooooh I love my actifry. Had mine since February and yes it was expensive but I use it almost every day and if it broke I would not hesitate to buy another.

Quorn nuggets come out delish, put them in with my syn free chips. Sausages are lovely in it. Done some roast veg in it. Little cubed potatoes.

You can just spray the chips with fry light BUT I think they are a little more soggy than if you use a smidge of olive oil. That said either way they are a darn sight better than the old par-boil, drain, towel off, bake, turn, bake, bake some more method!

The drier the chips are when you put them in the actifry the crsipier they come out. Oooh I'm gonna have egg n' chips for lunch now.

xx

This is just fabulous news to me and backs my *I WANT ONE* up......lol

My OH just seems to think its for chips :rolleyes: but now i know its not i can play with his heart strings ;)

Is there a place on here that just has the recipes for it you are all cooking because i wouldn't know where to start :eek:

Oh and if any of you have a Costco card you can buy it from there for £100 :D

I'd love one but I just don't have the space!

they do sound like a magical device but just can't justify the price of it just to feed myself and OH lol!

but mmmm crispy chips and roast potatoes mmm!

fern can i come down for some stew and chips please?? :D

X

Nom nom nom, just did chilli wedges in mine. Mix some chilli powder with the oil, then pour it over. 20 mins later, voila, chilli wedges.

ooo im excited.. cheers for the tip about costco too!!!

- you can all come down and share my acti-fry :D lol

p.s .. am i being silly here but, is everything cooked in it free???? xxx

I am totally ignoring this thread, because I would love an Actifry!

You're not on your own in getting kitchen equipment for gifts though Fern - I am getting a food processor for my birthday, which is just before Christmas! I have a blender at the mo, but it's just not right for all the chopping and mixing and stuff. It's a labour saving device :D The other year I got pans. It's sad! LOL! I am hoping OH balances it out with some nice jewellery...(I can wish!)

ooohhhh I want one!!!!! Anyone got a spare £150 ish going - you can have the change back if I find one cheaper - promise!!! LOL

Jill

OMG!!! Im panicing..

just googled acti-frys and watched a watch-dog thing on acti-frys.. im really really scared its going to blow up/ set alite my house!

I so badly want one now but would never forgive myself if burnt my mother kitchen down or hurt anyone..

:cry:

Back