I'm going for a walk this morning!!

Annie68

Silver Member
Now this might not seem a major feat for most of you, but due to the Fibromyalgia, walking any distance can become a nightmare. I have problems with my back, my feet and my neck and shoulder if I walk very far. BUT... I'm a photographer and this time of year is so stunning for photography, especially with the early morning sunshine and shadows and the colours of the trees.

I have to up my exercise levels from practically none.. (ie, I go as far as the kettle and back LOL, or taking my 3 yr old into school). I'm going to take my walking stick cos I'd look a bit of a bugger if I'm stuck in the middle of the park and nothing to lean on to get me back to the car LOL.. I can't be stranded!! So, my mind is set.. I'm going to do it, and although I feel selfish, I'm not taking my 3 year old, as much as she would love running through the leaves etc. I can take her next week when it's half term. I need to do this one on my own. Hopefully then, I can make it once a week and then start to build on that to several times a week.

With a bit of luck, I should get some nice photographs too ;)

Hello Tiz

I hope you really enjoy your walk... I do know how it feels as I have a bad back and neck and the leaning point has always been an issue.... I started off with my cross trainer....

I did my research and found that it is low impact all over body workout with a cross trainer and I started of with ten minutes as I could lean on the handles lol... and have built myself up to forty... which doesn't sound that good but I have changed the resistance ability now up to four from one... so I am building up my strength a little and still getting a really good workout.

Hope you post some of your photos... your right this time of year is just so beautiful... so go enjoy and take your time and absorb all around you.... :)

I can understand how hard that is for you, I have HMS and sometimes walking too far can be difficult for me too. Well done on your walk in the park, it sounds really nice and your daughter will love it next week

Back