I'm having a panic!!!

kissme

Gold Member
Hi all, I'm having a panic, tonight is works xmas do, now i ordered my meal before i even thought about slimming world.

this is what i'm having but my weigh in is 2 moro.

I'm having a light smooth salmon parfait with assorted baby leaves and a dill cream dressing.

Roast devonshire turkey with sage stuffing bacon and chipolata roll cranberry bouche and a natural pan de glaze (dont even knoe what that is)thyme roast pots, minted new pots glazed baton carrots and cauliflower

and christmas pud with brandy cream sauce

Now can anyone try and help me figure out what i can cut out to lower the syns, as im having a terrible flap bout outfits timings and such like

thank you :D

I'd try and asort you some kind of syn ball park here for you but i dont actually know what half of that is.

i have my xmas meal tonight and im not eating the starter, mainly because nothing REALLy takes my fancy, and its syns i can do without, no alchole and lots and lots of water. x

Mine was too, and i paid £25, but i know my mum will eat my starter no probs, so im not fretting about it too much. Plus, I'd rather waste a little bit of money than work double hard next week and be uptight over new year because i ate somthing naughty? you know?

Plus my main and dessert will be bad enough.. oo i can't wait!

Whats the bet on how long it takes me to get my food down my brand new red coast dress? lol

I'm having a light smooth salmon parfait with assorted baby leaves and a dill cream dressing.

Roast devonshire turkey with sage stuffing bacon and chipolata roll cranberry bouche and a natural pan de glaze (dont even knoe what that is)thyme roast pots, minted new pots glazed baton carrots and cauliflower

and christmas pud with brandy cream sauce

thank you :D

You could ask for the starter and dessert without dressings/sauce.
The turkey dinner should be okay, ask for veg without butter on, don't have the roast pots, stuffing or sausage.
Just enjoy it, it's one meal :D

Stop panicking!!!!

You have 3 options available to you:

1. Go and enjoy it. Eat what you have ordered. Accept that you may have a gain this week. Come away and be very proud that what you ate was ordered by the old you. Be very proud that the new you was so bothered about what you were eating, that you had to post on here!! This is how SW changes us. It actually makes us think about what we are eating.

2. Damage limitation - Eat something before you go (if you have chance). Nothing too big, but something. That way, if you want, you can eat a little of everything but be able to leave some food on your plate without feeling really hungry and hard done by. Or - Have a little of the salmon and ask for the salad with no dressing. Have the turkey, new potatoes and the veg - no pigs in blankets, no roasts. Have the pudding, but don't eat all the sauce.

3. 'Guilt factor' - You could go and only pick at some of the food, and not really enjoy the evening because you were so worried about the syns.

Of the three options - None of them will guarantee you a weight loss. None of them will even guarantee you a STS. And option three will only guarantee you a miserable evening!!!!!!

Personally I would mix options 1 and 2. Go and have a lovely time. If you get the chance, have a little something before you go. Have your starter - no dressing (that's the salad, not you!!). Have you main course, just leaving the roast potatoes and pigs in blankets. Have your pudding - and enjoy it!!!!!

Accept this as a flexi meal. Have a lovely time. Bet you look fab!!!!!

(By the way - natural pan de glaze is a thin gravy, made by de-glazing the pan after cooking. It just has all the flavour of what you have cooked.) At least I think that's what it means......

thank you so much, i had hoped the dressing for the salad would come seperate and i know there are a few thing i can go without i.e dill cream dressing roast pots and brandy cream sauce( i dont like crem dressing anyway)

but your right, this is my first meal out as an SW and looking at the menu i could of ordered something much more SW but i didnt know i was going to be doing it.

Mine was too, and i paid £25, but i know my mum will eat my starter no probs, so im not fretting about it too much. Plus, I'd rather waste a little bit of money than work double hard next week and be uptight over new year because i ate somthing naughty? you know?

Plus my main and dessert will be bad enough.. oo i can't wait!

Whats the bet on how long it takes me to get my food down my brand new red coast dress? lol

Lol lets not even talk bout dropping food down my front! i have a mouth like a black hole yet i always miss it. lol the people im going with are quite highly respected member of our community and dont want to embarrass myself!!

I would say just have a good time and relax. You can just eat healthier and more super free / free foods for the rest of the week to make up for it :)

Have a lovely time, and enjoy yourself, sw is helping you to change the way you think about and eat food, this is only the first christmas of many you will have while food optomising xx dill sauce on salad ewww spoils the taste ! and brandy sauce is nasty anyway! have a good one xx

Hi

I recond if I Syn'd that lot you would be left with ..... not a great deal ( lol)

You would be best flexi the day and have a great meal and enjoy the lot.

Phil x

Back