I'm proud of myself today :o)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sussex Girl, 23 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Sussex Girl

Sussex Girl Full Member

I decided I needed a pat on the back and as nobody at home appreciates how hard this diet is I thought all you lovely people on here might.

On the spur of the moment at lunchtime I invited some friends for dinner tonight. I ended up cooking the following for them all:
    Roast Lamb with mint sauce
    Roast Chicken
    Runner Beans (my fav veg)
    Baby sweetcorn
    Roast potatoes
    Sage & Onion stuffing
    Chipolata sausages
    Yummy gravy

followed by
    Fresh strawberries
    M&S meringues
    vanilla ice cream

I cooked for 7 people and it took me hours and I couldn't even taste the veg etc to see if it was cooked - so I guessed. Everyone cleared their plate and said it was lovely. I'm just so happy my head is in the right place and I didn't even want any of it.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but I'm totally shattered now after clearing up etc and I just needed to say well done to myself. Hope you all don't mind me sharing it with you.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    Well done indeed!

4. saffron

saffron Gold Member

cambridge diet
  5. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Well done :D

You deserve to feel proud of yourself!
  6. amberbambam

amberbambam Member

Cambridge Diet
    First day on Cambridge Diet

Well done you. I avoided a roast lamb dinner today and freshly baked cakes, feeling the diet now as tummy is rumbling. Well done you. Mind over matter eh!!:)

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Well done. You have had a perfect day. Congratulations

Irene xx
  8. mrs c

mrs c Cambridge Consultant

well done, i know it is hard but once you set your mind to ss, it's amazing what you can do.

As you said, it is sometimes hard to cook for others, as you can't test when things are cooked, it drove my husband mad, kept calling him to check things.

once again well done.
  9. Sarah M

Sarah M Getting the hang of this

well done you, you should be very proud of yourself x
  10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

well done youxx
  11. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Fantastic - thats the spirit! If you can do that then you can go all the way!

Well Done!!!!!
  12. Sussex Girl

Sussex Girl Full Member

Thank you everyone. I've just popped home in my lunch hour so thought I would pop on quickly - just about to have my first tetra of the day and I need it after a really busy morning.

I have to say I went to bed last night and dreamed that I ate loads of food. I woke up in a panic this morning. I just hope I didn't raid the fridge in my sleep !!!!!! :eek:
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.