Im losing motivation

Yes I will think about a group too.... sometimes I feel quite brave but the less motivated I am the scarier it is to go......

What about trying extra easy?
You fill your plate with at least 1/3 superfree food (salads, veg, fruit)
Then you can put 2/3 free food (potatoes, pasta, rice, chicken, fish)
You then have one healthy extra b and one healthy extra a. Try having 10 syns a day. Don't forget your superspeed foods. They will speed up your metabolism and aid your weightloss. ;)

To combat getting bored, why not try listing a selection of breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Choose one of each a day and then cross them off your list. Then you know you'll be getting something different every day. I've done three days worth of extra easy for you below as an example...

Breakfasts:

2 Weetabix (HEb) topped with low fat yogurt (free) and lots of berries (superfree)
Two slices of wholemeal bread (HEb) baked beans (free) Banana and an apple (superfree)
2 Quorn sausages (2 syns) tomatoes (superfree) 2 fried eggs (in frylight - free)

Lunches:

Mugshot (free), large salad (superfree) with tuna (free), chopped melon (superfree) with 1 tsp honey (1 syn)
Jacket potato (free), homemade coleslaw (free), cottage cheese (free), salad (superfree)
Pasta (free) mixed with chopped peppers, mushrooms, carrots (superfree) and laughing cow light x 5 (HEa), topped with mixed herbs. Fruit salad (superfree)

Dinners:

Grilled chicken breast (free) boiled potatoes (free) mixed veg (superfree)
Quorn bolognese with spaghetti (free) Salad (superfree)
Syn free chips (free), home made chicken burgers (free) roasted mediterranean veg (superfree)

I've kept the lunches simple so that you can pick at them if it's busy. I work in healthcare management and know how hectic it can get!

And you've still got most of your syns for the evening or if you fancy a dessert! :D

oh thankyou so much!!!!! I'm furiously writing it all down now.....
So kind of u to go out your way to do that.....
thankyou!!

Do u have recipie for homemade coleslaw and chicken burgers.... are they online somewhere for me to find......
I'm so grateful!!

I'll get you the recipes and send them to you later.
My sister eats lots of pasta and her favourite is 5 of the laughing cow triangles and mixed herbs all mixed in together. Me and my OH like it too.

If you're not fussed on that, try making your own creamy sauce with quark, garlic powder and mustard powder. That's quite nice too.

Coleslaw - Free on all plans:
1 large carrot (coarsely grated)
50g red cabbage (finely shredded)
50g white cabbage (finely shredded)
100g radishes (thinly sliced)
120g low fat natural yogurt
Half tsp mustard powder
3 tbsp chives

I also add some sliced onion

Mix the vegetables together in a bowl.
Blend/stir the yogurt, mustard powder and chives, then add to the vegetables.

Stir and chill!

Chicken Burgers - Free on EE and Red
300g diced chicken
3 tbsp mixed herbs
1 small onion (chopped very finely)
Salt and pepper
To make Thai chicken burgers, replace the herbs and onion with 6 spring onions, one red chilli and one lemongrass stick - all chopped finely.

Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor. The mixture does not need to be a thick paste, you can make it to your own preference.

Shape into burgers and place onto a baking tray that has been sprayed with fry light. Cook for 25 minutes at 200/gas mark 5, turning half way through.

To grill, cover your grill tray with foil sprayed lightly with fry light. Cook on medium to hot setting for 10 minutes on each side.

How did things go today? Are you feeling a bit better about things now? Let me know if you need anything.

I've done a big shop with different options and tried a new recipies....
Still struggling with the hunger a bit... but I need to settle more with new foods and I'm also going to try a red week.... as I do eat chicken and fish....

Thankyou so much for support.....
It really made such a difference ?

Glad to hear that you've found your motivation again.
I make the pasta quiche to snack on and it really fills me up.

Cook a packet of free pasta 'n' sauce with water instead of milk and butter. Put the cooked pasta into a baking tray.

Mix four eggs with half a tub of cottage cheese and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and sprinkle with cheese from your HeA. Cook in the oven until set and the cheese has browned.

I sometimes add some onions and sweetcorn to the egg mixture too.

Pesto Houmous is nice too - and it's freeon green and ee!
Blend two cans of chick peas with a tub of cottage cheese, a clove of garlic, a few drops of lemon juice, chives, parsley and basil. Et voila!

I dip carrot sticks and pepper slices into it and it's filling and very yummy.

that quiche is amazing.... made 4 different types with different pasta n sauce and different low fat free cottage cheese....
all stocked up for the week!!

I am a veggie and this weekend I have had syn free pizza, potato wedges, beans on toast, mushroom and paneer pizza, rhubarb and apple crumble. all easy and quick to do. Well done on recognising motivation can make the difference.

thankyou so much.....
I've not been perfect.... I think as I'm getting back on track....
You know that kind of limbo between no motivation and getting enthusiastic....
I've had odd wee treat and not always found it easy to syn but feeling so much better....
Will have a great week I can tell!
Your weekends eating sounds amazing!!

Well done, I'm so pleased that you are feeling more positive!
Let us know how you get on

Back