I'm new, advice needed please!

Nessa

Silver Member
:sign0144:

Hi All

I started slimming world last week and weighed myself on monday, and i had lost 2lbs. My starting weight was 14 stone 2lbs and now I am 14 stone. I am really trying my hardest to stick to this food optimising but am finding it really difficult, has anyone got any advice they could give me on how to stick to it? I feel like i'm not getting anywhere.

:banghead:

Hi Nessa, Dont feel dishartened at losing 2lbs even if you lost 1lb a week for a year you have lost 4 stone. Buy some of the recipie books or look on the website they do recipies. Just eat as much free foods as you want. Dont be scared to use your sins and try to use your healthy extras. Good luck.

Hiya,

Don't play down your weight loss - you must have worked hard for it and you deserve to have lost that weight.

In what way are you having trouble? Is it with planning what to eat or just getting through the "picky" times?

Let us know and i'm sure we'll all rally round.

Have you eaten well so far, big meals.... feeling full etc?

Kate x

Sorry I don't know anything about Slimming World, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who does. Good luck, and well done on your loss so far.
Ann x

Hiya Nessa

I know exactly how you feel. I joined slimming world last thursday after doing two weeks of cambridge diet. I get weighed tomorrow night and have stuck to the diet 100 per cent and going by my scales which were the same as theirs, It looks like I may have only lost two pounds this week. I even sent my consultant an email on Tuesday saying that if I hadn't lost anything I wouldn't be staying to class as I find it all very embarrassing!! I'll let you know how I do after tomorrow night's weigh in. I've been following the red plan all week - had loads of chicken, fish and the wafer thin ham is a godsend because you can just pick at it - as are crab sticks - and they're all free on the plan! Stick with it kiddo. Even if we only lose a pound or two a week, that's still a step in the right direction and just think, if we hadn't have made the point of joining, our weight would be getting even heavier. Stay positive hun.
xx:)

Hiya Nessa

I know exactly how you feel. I joined slimming world last thursday after doing two weeks of cambridge diet. I get weighed tomorrow night and have stuck to the diet 100 per cent and going by my scales which were the same as theirs, It looks like I may have only lost two pounds this week. I even sent my consultant an email on Tuesday saying that if I hadn't lost anything I wouldn't be staying to class as I find it all very embarrassing!! I'll let you know how I do after tomorrow night's weigh in. I've been following the red plan all week - had loads of chicken, fish and the wafer thin ham is a godsend because you can just pick at it - as are crab sticks - and they're all free on the plan! Stick with it kiddo. Even if we only lose a pound or two a week, that's still a step in the right direction and just think, if we hadn't have made the point of joining, our weight would be getting even heavier. Stay positive hun.
xx:)

Hiya,

I know alot of people have slow losses to start with after switching from CD or LL, then going onto SW. I think you've got to give your body chance to adjust. I know people have fantastic losses on VLCD's but they're not really something that's practical to live by long term I think. Even if you only lose a little or stay the same, stick with the plan & you'll be rewarded..... and you can eat on SW which is always a bonus!

Don't feel embarrassed at all about staying the same, just explain to your leader about your previous diet. Nobody judges anyone and if you dn't want anyone to know your losses then tell her! A lady at my class gets weighed in every week and doesn't find out how she's doing until the end of the month which I think is a fab idea. A week is a very short amount of time in the grand scale of things and it really stops this lady from yoyo-ing from week to week. She'd much rather hear at the end of the month she's lost 4lbs as opposed to being disheartened for losing half a pound one week which would send her on a downward spiral.

Don't forget, we pay these leaders to help us. They don't know us at all which is why we have to tell them what we need from them.

Hope you have a good weigh in. Just give it a little time and you'll see some good results. :)

Kate x

well I've not been back long from my first weigh in - and guess what? I actually lost four pounds!! I'm so pleased it's untrue. The consultant was fantastic. She kept saying, before I jumped on the scales, no pressure, if you don't want me to announce your loss etc then she won't. She really is understanding of peoples feelings. As long as my weight loss continues, I'll be happy. I was so worried that switching straight from CD to Slimming World would screw up my metabolism. So for those scared of changing, don't be. Just give it a try and see what happens. I feel like i'm actually living again! When I did CD I couldn't go out for a drink, couldn't really see people, I had no energy for the gym either. Make that change - and eat! :)

well I've not been back long from my first weigh in - and guess what? I actually lost four pounds!! I'm so pleased it's untrue. The consultant was fantastic. She kept saying, before I jumped on the scales, no pressure, if you don't want me to announce your loss etc then she won't. She really is understanding of peoples feelings. As long as my weight loss continues, I'll be happy. I was so worried that switching straight from CD to Slimming World would screw up my metabolism. So for those scared of changing, don't be. Just give it a try and see what happens. I feel like i'm actually living again! When I did CD I couldn't go out for a drink, couldn't really see people, I had no energy for the gym either. Make that change - and eat! :)

Wow!!! Thats excellent! I'm really happy for you!!!!

aww well done lou, bet you're glad you stuck at it now :D i remember when i first joined sw in my first weigh in i actually gained a pound!!

dont give in hun, are you drinking enough water, you might be getting fluid retention especially if you do green days, my losses are always slower on green!!

try varying your free foods and healthy extras a bit to shake things up, try new recipes from the sw mag or website, make sure you have at least 5 syns every day, keep a track of what you eat in your tracker and make sure you have all your healthy extras. this is important for fibre!!

hope you feel better about things soon, just dont give in ;)

been on the sw diet just over a month now, last week i stayed the same, this week i have put on 1lb.

im getting dis hearted and am ready to throw the towel in.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I really sympathise. I have gained almost a stone and have been doing this diet since March. The leader is great: she rings, emails, texts me and has just suggested stuff like accurately measuring the syns and rigidly filling SAS sheets when preparing food to eat. I know I can't go on gaining and I have thought about returning to CD just to get rid of recent excess. My leader tells me that my body needs to adjust and I must eat properly regularly. It is so true ~ I don't want to be a yo-yo dieter...but I do want to be slim!
I can't offer great advice I'm afraid but I come to minimins for the support.
We're all journeying towards the same goal, a lighter self. Ups and downs, just keep letting us know.

Hi Wez,How's it going? You seem to be struggling honey. I lost four pounds in my first week after moving straight from CD to SW and I go to get weighed on Thursday evening this week and the scales haven't moved. I've stuck to the diet rigidly - not cheated once. You aren't alone honey. It's really tough but I suppose we just have to keep hanging on in there. at least we are aware of what we are eating. I wondered if maybe it was time you went to see your doctor? There may be a reason why this is happening to you. Underactive thyroid etc maybe? You never know until you find out. Has your consultant given you any more advice? Mine is fantastic - when I went to get on the scales last week, she kept saying.... now no pressure Louisa etc. Let me know how you get on and keep on going at it. We'll get there in the end.xx

Back