I'm new - and would love to get a bit of support

ZenDogNine

I'm new here and a few weeks ago started Slimming World, which I am also new to. I started a thread on the Slimming World diary section and have made a few posts to that so far. What I'm, here for really is support. I have managed to lose (over a few years and with lots of ups and downs) about 3 stone. At my best I had lost 5 but have now gained back 2. I also lost 4 on WW and then gained back 3 so as you can tell, I can do it, but I can't maintain it and it's driving me mad. I need to lose about 3 and a half stone to get to goal and I am so anxious to do it, mostly for health but also for my own self esteem and confidence which is at a low right now if I am honest. My first two weeks on Slimming World have been a disaster and I've lost nothing. I just have not stuck to plan at all. I seem unable to stop myself eating all the wrong things and feel that I might benefit from making some online friends who have been in and come through this situation. I feel very alone with it all right now really, so thought maybe by posting on this thread, someone might read who has been there!

Hi there, welcome to Minimins!

As you said, you know you can do it so stick with it, you'll get there! You'll get lots of support and advice on here so stick around, good luck!

I'm new here and a few weeks ago started Slimming World, which I am also new to. I started a thread on the Slimming World diary section and have made a few posts to that so far. What I'm, here for really is support. I have managed to lose (over a few years and with lots of ups and downs) about 3 stone. At my best I had lost 5 but have now gained back 2. I also lost 4 on WW and then gained back 3 so as you can tell, I can do it, but I can't maintain it and it's driving me mad. I need to lose about 3 and a half stone to get to goal and I am so anxious to do it, mostly for health but also for my own self esteem and confidence which is at a low right now if I am honest. My first two weeks on Slimming World have been a disaster and I've lost nothing. I just have not stuck to plan at all. I seem unable to stop myself eating all the wrong things and feel that I might benefit from making some online friends who have been in and come through this situation. I feel very alone with it all right now really, so thought maybe by posting on this thread, someone might read who has been there!

Welcome ZDN You've come to the right place for support Everyones really friendly here! First of all well done on losing the weight so far and I'm sure you'll be able to do it all again. Know what you mean about low confidence I'm the same so I'm really anxious to lose the weight too. Forget about your first 2 weeks on SW and just start afresh tomorrow. I think you just need to see some good results and that will make you stay on track so just give it your best shot and add in some exercise and I'm sure that will get the scales moving in the right direction. Best of Luck with it xx

Back