I'm new please say hi!

Welcome to Minimins which weight loss programme have you been following or going to follow. I personally am following slimming world. but here on minimins we all follow different programmes but support each other through the ups and downs

Hi, I’m new again….. used this site in 2015 and lost 5 stone doing slimming world (alone) the inevitable happened weight went back on, tried numerous times again both alone and group, did ok durning lockdown then my dad passed away and hey presto weight back on…..

it’s hard work this losing weight, I’m a serious chocoholic, anything sweet is my down fall as I seem to lack a cut off point….

im happy t9 support on your journey, might well keep me accountable for my actions too. X

welcome @Dietdee bereavement is hard and even more so of a parent. I lost my Dad back in 2014 so I can relate finding comfort in food. Like you I have a very sweet tooth. But for me personally fear of going back to being virtually bedbound, legs like tree trunks through lymphoedema, leaking puddles everywhere I went and umpteen ulcers. I was virtually a prisoner in my own home. The thoughts of going back to that scares the be Gebers out of me. I have lost 15 litres of lymph fluid out my legs , ulcers all but healed and I am living life to the full well as much as covid allows. The fear of going back has seriously kerbed my sweet tooth. I still enjoy my treats of an evening with in my syn value.

Hello, I'm Zoe,

Hairdresse and mom to a lovely daughter.

Always seeking new ways to be health and maintain weight and almost always failing.

Look forward to support and friendship in the struggle. X
so what is your your biggest struggle

Hi, I'm new too. Hoping this is a good place for support as I don't like to say I'm on a diet as it adds pressure. Nice to meet everyone 😊

Welcome @sam26 and @Bexicles83 to minimins. Have either of you decided on an eating plan. I personally do slimming world. But there are many eating programmes to use depends which one you think will fit into your life style.

Hello, I'm Zoe,

Hairdresse and mom to a lovely daughter.

Always seeking new ways to be health and maintain weight and almost always failing.

Look forward to support and friendship in the struggle. X
Hi ZoeCat! I am also new to Minimins and trying really hard to understand how the thing works. I want to look after myself. Lockdown has a lot to answer for!!! But excuses aside, I know that I am the only one in control of what I do, think and say so this is me stepping up to the plate and I hold the intention of being accountable for my own health.

I have two kids, both grown enough to only need me sporadically. My daughter is 25 and moved down to Somerset with her young man and my son is 17 and very good at it. My husband is the strong silent type and not good with talking about my feelings when it looks like I am going to cry about my weight. All he says is he loves me and doesn't matter to him what I weigh. This is lovely but not helpful to me.

We got this. It's nice to have support, right?

Welcome @ZoeCat. @ExistentialBandit ,@rwilllik4 to minimins. I have been using the site since i began my journey on SW for 18 months. In the beginning I found it overwhelming. I made errors on slimming world way of eating. But it soon became second nature. One thing I personally have found useful is joining one of the challenges like Team 50 Christmas 2022. each week you report your gains, losses or stay the same. We support each other through the ups and downs. I find reporting in once a week keeps me on track even when I spent 3 months going up and down the same pound till consultant online suggested I maybe wasn't eating enough. So i upped my food intake. So still getting my head round eat more to lose more lol. Well low and behold it worked I am losing about a 4 pound since then which i am more than happy with.

On the challenges it doesn't matter which eating programme you follow we are all on different ones. It is more about supporting each other. I have found to succeed it is much easier if you have support along the way as your weight loss journey isn't always plain sailing.

Back