I'm new to Slimfast

Karen1972

Gold Member
Hi fellow slimfasters!!

I lost 6.5stone on LL two years ago. After getting to target I fluctated hugely within 1 - 1.5 stones above target. I am currently 1stone 8lbs over target (11stone 5lbs).

I have dabbled with CD over the past year and again my weight fluctated within the stone range constantly due to my all or nothing approach! I'm either perfect or god awful at sticking to any diet!

Sooooo, the last few months of CD i'd been doing 790 (3 packs plus a healthy meal in the evening), so i decided that it was similar to the slimfast way of life although slimfast was MUCH cheaper and much easier to get hold of (ie at the supermarket!).

On my first day i lost 3lbs. I weigh myself every morning if i'm at home, i've stayed at my boyfriends the last couple of nights so my next weigh in is tomorrow morning (Friday).

A typical day for me is :

10am Milkshake or Bar

1pm Bar

4pm Fruit

7pm Meal

My meal is typically meat and salad or meat and veggies. I am avoiding carbs (unless i'm bingeing of course :eek:)

So how are you guys finding the diet? Has anyone done CD/LL/LT before? If so how does it compare for you?

Cheers

Hi Karen,

I've been on slimfast for a while now and have lost 24 pounds but xmas put a few on and only just got myself back on the plan, I would like to lose another 14, So i've taken up the slimfast march challenge on this site and am determined to lose 7ib.

I've been on lots of diets Weight watchers, Slimming World, Herbal Life Rosemary Connerly errrrrrrr theres probably more.. I have to say i've really enjoyed Slimfast and have found it relatively easy.
The cost is affordable and you get great results if you stick to the plan. I never beat myself up if i fall off track as it's easy to pick up and start again.

Good luck with slimfast i hope you enjoy it and there is always support on this site which is great.

UGG

Last edited:
Hi Karen

I've been on slimfast for 8 weeks and have lost 17lbs. I each probably a bit more than you and lose on average 2lbs a week. I have never tried any other diet other than slimfast (unless you count cabbage soup) as it suits me and I like it.

Good luck with your slimfast journey. Hope you will join in the March challange.

FF

Hi Ugg - I've...... what? lol

Hi FF - Well done you! Yep i've just joined the challenge, i'd like to lose 8lbs by the end of March. I know you can eat more snacky things on SF BUT having starved myself on LL and CD for the last few years i have to eat shockingly little amounts of food to lose weight - plus i put it on soooo easily too! BUT nothing beats being slim - even though i love love love love food!

Good luck with the rest of your journey - it will be good keeping an eye on you lol. Plus HUGE congrats for the upcoming wedding!!

Luv,

Hi Karen,

Good luck with the slimfast plan. Im finding it an easy plan to follow and so far have lost 5.4kg in 6 weeks

I hadnt even heard of CD and the others until I logged onto this website so cant really compare

I'm trying to attach a ticker?? not sure what i'm doing!

It's worked!

Thanks Karen

When do you weigh in. Unfortunately I am a scale hopper but I only class my Monday's weight as my weigh in - lol!

Hi Karen,

Good luck with the slimfast plan. Im finding it an easy plan to follow and so far have lost 5.4kg in 6 weeks

I hadnt even heard of CD and the others until I logged onto this website so cant really compare

Hi Sattsy

That's a fab result, well done you!!! I hadn't heard of the VLCD's either until a friend knew someone who'd done it!

I find it so much easier having a shake or bar during the day - removes all temptation!!!!

Thanks Karen

When do you weigh in. Unfortunately I am a scale hopper but I only class my Monday's weight as my weigh in - lol!

Yep i'm a scale hopper too - i weigh every morning (if i'm at home - i stay in hotels a lot as i have a big sales region to cover, plus i stay at my boyfriends too). I class every weigh in to be honest lol. Next weigh in for me is tomorrow. I last weighed tuesday morning and i'd lost 3lbs on my first day (mind you i had put 7lb on over the weekend!!).

So what's everyone having for their main meal today?

I'm having mine at 7pm - Sirloin steak, mixed leaf salad, mushrooms, onions and balsamic vinegar. Mmmmm!

Hi Karen

I had WW Lasgna and salad with two bits of nible brown bread (they are only 48 calories each).

Tonight will have WW sweet & sour chicken with bread. Over the weekend I am going to cut out bread to see whether this helps my weight lost. We'll see when I weigh in on Monday.

FF

Hi FF

That sounds nice. I think cutting out bread is a great idea and will make a huge difference to your weight loss!! Sometimes we just get into habits that are difficult to break. i always had bread with my dinner but now i don't even give it a second thought.

Look forward to seeing how you get on....

I'm just on my first shake of the day (peach smoothie - love it! Just like drinking yoghurt lol), will have a bar at 1pm, an apple at 4pm and probably another steak salad tonight.

I am still drinking wine - do you partake in alcohol?

I lost another 2lbs this morning so that's 5lbs since Monday morning's weigh in. I'm so impatient with my weight loss though!!!

hi Karen

I don't drink at all :angeldevil:, except on special ocassions :party0016:. This is only because I have a daughter who still gets up every night even though she is 19 months old.

Congratulations on your weigh loss. You do seem to lose it easily. I only even lose 2lb a week but may be that is due to the bread??

:)Karen cant believe how much weight you have lost its brill, how long did it take you

Louise

Back