I'm new!

janpear

Hello
My name is Jo and I have been overweight and dieting forever, I piled on a lot of weight when I was 19 and have struggled to lose it. I lost 19lbs with weight watchers 3 years ago, but fell pregnant and stoped following the plan. I am proud to say I didn't any weight on after I had my son, but I was fat to begin with so still need to slim :) When my son was 5 months old I went to my dr and was prescribed orlistat but within the first month I was hospitilised with gallstones and pancreatitis, gallstones are the most painful thing I have ever experienced and luckily I don't have a gall bladder now :) I went back to the dr after the op as I was still struggling to lose weight and they discovered I had an underactive thyroid. So now I am on the right dose of medication, I visit a nurse weekly for weigh ins and support and I was prescribed xenical again this week so I am determined to lose weight. I don't have a lot of family where I live so I hope I can make some friends and get some support here :)
I've lost 4kilos so far but have a long way to go
thanks
Jo

Hi and welcome. Well done on losing 4 k and just take your diet a day at a time. There are others who have xenical prescribed - including me. There is a thread of people on it. I'll look for it and give you the link

Irene xx

Hi Jo,

Welcome to mini mins hun. One thing is for certain... you'll have PLENTY of support on here anytime you want it. If it's happy news, sad news, or you just fancy a good ole' rant - this is the place to be. Welcome aboard and good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll get to your goal soon enough.

Hope you're feeling much better tho hun.

Tracey x

Welcome to minimins, our friendly forum. Good luck on ur weight loss journey. Well done on losing 4kilos so far. Keep up the good work.

welcome to the forum, good luck on your weight loss journey, we are all thinking of ya!!

Hi
thanks for all of that :) I have had a good look round at all the threads and it is just so friendly here, the pounds will be falling off in no time :)

Hi - just to add my welcome to everyone else's.

It is great on here and you never feel alone - better to reach for the keyboard when cravings strike than the biscuit tin, I say.

LRO xx

good luck with your weight loss - im sure being on here will really help you to kick the excess pounds! :) x

Welcome to Minimins :)

Back