I'm not too sure

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by louisa83, 19 May 2010 Social URL.

1. louisa83

louisa83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(8.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm thinking about joining slimming world. I have gone on the official website but I don't know anyone that has been on a slimming world diet.

What is the weight loss like?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well for me so far 8.5lb in 3 weeks!!!! for others on here even more too :)
    It does work hun and i never feel hungry!

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

It depends how much you have to lose, if you stick to plan 100%, if you follow the rules and if you are determined!

The losses can be anything from half a pound to 6lb a week in my group but, as ANY diet club will tell you, the best and healthiest loss is 1-2lb a week.

SW is a fabulous plan which works for me. Go along to a group, there's no obligation - someone came to our group, listened to the talk, sat through group and then decided if she wanted to join. She did and had a fabulous 5lb loss this week!

5. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I think Jaylou has said it all. I'm a re starter after a few years off, and love the new EE plan.Feels too good to be true and started that on Tues morn, popped on scales this morn (won't do it again this week) and it had already shifted downwards. So you really have nothing to loose apart from weight and its Lovely food too. xx

6. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    For me its 4 1/2 stone in 25 weeks, I do have a lot to lose so its probably come off quicker for me but i'm still over the moon :D:D

Eternalflame likes this.
  7. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I have done lighter life, weight watchers and now slimming world. In total I have lost over 7 stone.

I find slimming world the easiest to stick to because I can always eat. It is more difficult when it comes to planning and grabbing food on the run, but once you get used to it, it's great.

What diet you go on I think really depends what your priorities are.

When I did LL my priority was to lose weight fast. I was 20 stone and was killing myself slowley. That priority so I went extreme.

When I did WW. I was eating on the run alot, so the points worked for me.

Now, I am able to plan, eat at my desk at work and take stuff with me, so I graze all day and find this really easy to stick to

hope this helps xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.