I'm really struggling.

Sandy, we are the same height and I wondered why you've decided to go for 11 stones? I was unsure what to aim for initially so decided that 12 stones would be about ok, have since decided on 11 and a half. If/when I get there I'll think again....just wondered how you decided? I know that I was 11.5 stones when I became pregnant 25 years ago, mind you I thought I was fat then! What a nutter I was!
Had a porridge, mushroom soup and lots to drink, but must stop now, I have to interview someone at 5pm. Later I'll have lots of decaff coffee and a bar cut up into nibbly bits and think of you all if I am tempted away from the straight and narrow. Thank you all so much. :)

Sandy,

You look great at the wedding, red suits you very well.

Hi Bess,
thanks for replying to my other post. I really appreciated it. My moods are swinging like a rollecoaster and now I want to carry on. I'll help you along and you can help me along cos it's bloody hard! I'm scared I'll not have a marriage at the end of it all! xxx

Hi Broxi, ( and everyone, )

It is really difficult isn't it? I felt so despairing and only you people on here could help, because you understand. No matter how loving and supportive my family are, they don't really 'get it', so I don't even discuss the diet with them much.
I have just been weighed and to my surprise have lost 3lbs. It is the lightest I have been for about 20 years. I know most of it will be water because I started SS again two days ago ( and have stuck to it, only with the support of all of you, so :thankyou: very much indeed.:grouphugg:But the point is I am back on track and having completed just two days is enough for me not to sabotage those efforts now.
When I had the break from the diet I didn't pig out, just ate 'normally', so being rational about it I can see that I didn't actually put on much weight at all and I find that heartening - I think it means that I will be able to eat sensibly and not get fat again.
Broxi, Thinking about your 'stuck' weight - you said this has happened to you before on other diets, what did you do then? Give up? (I would.) So, this time you've stayed the same for two weeks and naturally are feeling depressed about it but you haven't given up, which is all credit to you I think, and we know that this diet must and does work. It isn't possible to eat so few calories and not lose weight. So stick with it, this is a big hurdle for you but by staying the course you will get over it and you'll be so pleased that you did. It'll give you the boost you need to carry on inspiring the rest of us. Talk to us about it, not the hunky husband ( you see I have been reading some of the other threads! :D) then you can enjoy your life with him away from CD.
Love, Bess x

It's so true about only people on here understanding. I haven't talked of how difficult the last 2 weeks have been with family or friends. I tried last night talking to OH about the low energy levels. All he could suggest was I pop some tablet which has so much caffeen in them I'd have been awake all night. When I replied that i didn't want to stay awake all night, he went all sulky :) Men hahahahahahahahah! He's a big support really but no-one understands like they do on here.

Hope you're feeling better now and Broxi too. xxx

Sandy, we are the same height and I wondered why you've decided to go for 11 stones? I was unsure what to aim for initially so decided that 12 stones would be about ok, have since decided on 11 and a half. If/when I get there I'll think again....just wondered how you decided? I know that I was 11.5 stones when I became pregnant 25 years ago, mind you I thought I was fat then! What a nutter I was!
Had a porridge, mushroom soup and lots to drink, but must stop now, I have to interview someone at 5pm. Later I'll have lots of decaff coffee and a bar cut up into nibbly bits and think of you all if I am tempted away from the straight and narrow. Thank you all so much. :)
Hi Bess

Sorry not been on the forum since friday as in middle of having kitchen fitted and with father's day etc a bit hectic here....lol

When I read this post I thought yes why did I choose 11stone.......and you know what it was not even me it was suggested by my cdc and to be honest I may stop between 11.5 and 12 cos I feel happy now a size 14 and am struggling to stick with diet and have 2wk holiday in Malta coming up and have decided to have that time off to test my resolve. I do have quite a big frame and already feel comfy in my skin this size but am stubborn and want to see how far I can go and how I look.........I was also last 11stone about 20ish yrs ago before I had my first of 4boys.........I think we will both know when enough is enough and time to maintain. How was the weekend then?? I hate them and much prefer work days..........sad cow eh.......x

I was 11.5 stone 25 years ago before I had the first of my 4 girls! And do you know I was convinced that I was fat then? Stupid or what?! In fact I was so upset about it that I joined weight watchers, put a few pounds on and found I was pregnant.....ho hum!
I like my job, but love the weekends, I just wish there wasn't quite so much to do and so little time to do it in.
I planned a day in the garden ( ha it needs a year!) on Sunday, but at the last minute family came over which meant cooking at lunchtime and so the day was gone. Lovely to see them, but you know how it is.......I think it'll have to be a 3 line whip with all the family for a mammoth tidy up before the weeds and the hedges all engulf the house this weekend. But, I bet something else unexpected will happen and put paid to that!
Away with work for a couple of days - I'll be sensible and shall eat salad/fish/chicken at lunch and at supper and hope for another small loss on Saturday at my weigh in.
Hope all goes well for everyone else.:)

Hi Bess

Well done on 3lb loss last saturday............bet you feel fab being back on track, and also more confident about being away with work............This is prep for life after cd I guess and you are nearly there.................you lucky woman.....

My garden is also a jungle and needs all hands on deck except my lot seem to disappear when I say that and I end up struggling on my own. As soon as Kitchen complete will tackle it. I do like weekends Bess but meant from the cd perspective...........food etc prefer the working wk as it just seems there is food everywhere at weekends with me doing brekkie lunch and tea whereas working wk it is just tea and seem to manage that no probs just give it to hubby and kids and run in lounge with my cup of black tea..........ha ha

Hope you and everyone has a great wk.

S
X

Oh, I see what you mean - about CD and weekends - and I agree with you. It is more difficult to stick to with all the social tempatations around!
I managed the time away by making fairly good food choices at lunch and dinner time - (tetra for breakfast in my room.) I'm really pleased that I lost another 1lb. I know this isn't much, but to me it shows me that I can eat sensibly and still lose weight which means that I should be able to maintain fairly ok. So if 'slowly but surely' is the way for me, that's fine......I'm just plodding on!

Back