I'm so glad the X factor has finished for another year

FatTony

I'm guessing I'm in the minority here but I really cant stand the show, same goes for programs like I'm a celebrity and Big Brother:rant2:

Oh yeah and add all soap operas to that list.:p

Ive a feeling Ive offended a vast majority here with that rant, so feel free to tell us all what makes you want to throw the TV out of the nearest window

I'm with you FatTony- add TOWIE, Desperate Scousewives, Geordie Shore, Made In Chelsea etc. :)

FatTony said:
I'm guessing I'm in the minority here but I really cant stand the show, same goes for programs like I'm a celebrity and Big Brother:rant2:

Ive a feeling Ive offended a vast majority here with that rant, so feel free to tell us all what makes you want to throw the TV out of the nearest window

I don't mind Coro and x factor, the rest I couldn't give a hoot!

silly sausage said:
Our house is a no-Clarkson zone.

Omg I luuurve Clarkson - he's my idol!!

LittleMissThin 17 said:
I'm with you FatTony- add TOWIE, Desperate Scousewives, Geordie Shore, Made In Chelsea etc. :)

Never watched any of these, and never ever want to either. That Amy childs makes me feel sick. She's talentless and oozes desperation!!

Oh I hadn't seen a second of a single episode. Ironically I only knew of its existance via these pages.

I must be the only person in the world who subscribes to the full Sky/(well Virgin Media) sports & movie packages and doesn't watch telly:eek:

Internet and radio rock!

Steve

I watch fewer and fewer television programmes. I don't know whether it is an age thing, but I get so bored.

I do get caught up in the X Factor (I have a guilty liking for Dermot O'Leary!), but I watch it with a firm finger on the fast forward button. The programmes this weekend took up four hours - I think it took me about 40 minutes to watch them!

Anything with Celebrity in the title is totally ignored. I don't know any of them, and from the brief glimpses I get of them, I am happy to keep it that way.

I don't like programmes where people try to do things that they can't do, and we are supposed to be amazed by this. Pop Star Opera Star is the worst - perfectly good singers trying to make their voices do something they have never been trained to do, and sounding dreadful in the process.

I like - Doctors, Only Connect, Masterchef, Imagine, Antiques Roadshow, Outnumbered, Rev, Have I Got News for You, QI, The Closer, The Mentalist.

But I am not offended by other people's likes or dislikes, so long as no-one tries to persuade me to their way of thinking!!

Bunnylush said:
Formula 1 vroom, vroooom,vroooom,oh and vroooom again, drives me insane.

This! And the inane drivel that goes on before AND afterwards! No lie I heard this conversation one day
Jake: so what do you recommend the drivers do in these wet conditions?
Eddie Jordan: they need to stay on the black stuff.

Oh what do you mean Eddie.... The road???? Now how did you think up such a dastardly plan of drivers, actually driving on the road??????

Hubby nearly divorces me whenever I'm home for the race as I like my own commentary...he doesn't so much!!!

Also with you on the Z factor, and B(H)GT, and so you think you can dance ( well you can't, so get off my telly!

Now explain this, I have to suffer Zero Factor, and F1, but if I try to watch Poirot, Marple or a lovely B&W film I get shouted at! How is that fair?

Oh I hadn't seen a second of a single episode. Ironically I only knew of its existence via these pages.

I must be the only person in the world who subscribes to the full Sky/(well Virgin Media) sports & movie packages and doesn't watch telly:eek:

Internet and radio rock!

Steve

Too much money, not enough to spend it on !!!!! Boy child I despair.......but I love you !!!

This! And the inane drivel that goes on before AND afterwards! No lie I heard this conversation one day
Jake: so what do you recommend the drivers do in these wet conditions?
Eddie Jordan: they need to stay on the black stuff.

Oh what do you mean Eddie.... The road???? Now how did you think up such a dastardly plan of drivers, actually driving on the road??????

Hubby nearly divorces me whenever I'm home for the race as I like my own commentary...he doesn't so much!!!

Also with you on the Z factor, and B(H)GT, and so you think you can dance ( well you can't, so get off my telly!

Now explain this, I have to suffer Zero Factor, and F1, but if I try to watch Poirot, Marple or a lovely B&W film I get shouted at! How is that fair?

As usual Shirleen you make me laugh.....thanks, I need it at the mo'.

Well here goes,

I love X Factor and in particular Simon Cowell. I found this series dull and a let down like a wet firework.

Britain's got Talent is another I enjoy.

Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders ( when we can get it ) rank amongst my relaxing, no taxing, entertainment. Short, require no concentration and are often amusing if seen the right way. I could never be serious about any of them.

My life is hard and stressful enough without watching high brow T.V. I need to be able to fall asleep in front of it and still catch up the next day as if nothing has been missed...........says it all doesn't it.

There are also other programmes I love.

T.V. generally is such good value for money and thank goodness we are all different and watch such a diversity of programmes. Would be so boring if they were all the same wouldn't it.

And hey Fat Tony, why should it make you unpopular stating what you think. Most of us on here love a good debate and can see a topic for just what it is.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Someone sent me a derogatory reputation remark without having the courage to state who they are.

I am very, very upset about it. Not the least that I am unable to defend myself to the person in question.

I was told that my remark about T.V. being good value for money was a tactless remark as we get it for nothing here in Spain and there are so many people struggling to pay the license fee in the U.K.

Never in my life have I been tactless about anyone's hardship. Quite the opposite in fact.

If I have offended anyone I apologise. That we receive the signal here is hardly something I control.

Our own financial situation is one I really do not want to discuss in depth on a public board but we are in a state of extreme hardship.

I still stand by my observation that T.V. is good value for money.

Go read the thread Who has a "christmas cupboard" not one person has seen that thread as being tactless myself included and we are not having Christmas at all this year. It has been accepted at face value as an interesting thread without any unpleasantness at all.

In more than 18months of being a member of this site, I think a good one, I have never been so offended or upset, upset to the point of tears.

It has almost put me off continuing to contribute because I do not know who you are . How sad is that.

Last edited:
fillymum said:
Someone sent me a derogatory reputation remark without having the courage to state who they are.

I am very, very upset about it. Not the least that I am unable to defend myself to the person in question.

I was told that my remark about T.V. being good value for money was a tactless remark as we get it for nothing here in Spain and there are so many people struggling to pay the license fee in the U.K.

Never in my life have I been tactless about anyone's hardship. Quite the opposite in fact.

If I have offended anyone I apologise. That we receive the signal here is hardly something I control.

Our own financial situation is one I really do not want to discuss in depth on a public board but we are in a state of extreme hardship.

I still stand by my observation that T.V. is good value for money.

Go read the thread Who has a "christmas cupboard" not one person has seen that thread as being tactless myself included and we are not having Christmas at all this year. It has been accepted at face value as an interesting thread without any unpleasantness at all.

In more than 18months of being a member of this site, I think a good one, I have never been so offended or upset, upset to the point of tears.

It has almost put me off continuing to contribute because I do not know who you are . How sad is that.

OMG sue :(

Which spineless pathetic individual does something like that?!

Your comment was not at all offensive. The person who says that it was is being petty and over sensitive.

Can you email starlight? I'm sure she can trace who left the rep comment and remove it and review the individuals membership to this forum? Id also like them 'outed' but that's probably not an option!

What is it with this site and the world recently?! There's nothing wrong with a good debate, and whether you agree or disagree with other peoples contributions, then that's fine! But grow a pair and say so! Don't hide behind a fake username and an anonymous rep comment. Jeez what a low life loser!!

Chin up sue. Sending huge hugs, and please don't let this gutless individual bring you down. I can 110% guarantee they're not worth it! xxxxxxxxx

Sue, you are a wonderful person and I hope the individual in question has the guts to own up to you.
*hug to a fantastic lady*

Seriously people? What on earth is going on around here. Season of Goodwill & all that and now people are picking on Sue for a completely innocent comment.
I pay for Sky TV, the full package, nearly £100 a month. I STILL think its good value for money. Between myself and my husband we watch most sports channels, the movies, and alot of the entertainment channels, plus I love documentaries. Given that a decent night out with drinks could cost £50-100 for 2, the same amount on a whole months worth of entertainment semms like a good deal.
Sue - I don't blame you for wanting out of here if people are being like that, but I hope you don't go, because you are valued on here, and even when we don't agree on things, you appreciate the different between a debate and an argument, and always respect peoples opinions.

Oh - Fat Tony - I was watching Xfactor and even I was glad it was over with!! i can't imagine you'll be shot down in flames for saying that, but if you do - you will not be alone on the bonfire :)

4 million less viewers watched the final than last year. I don't watch X Factor - but what happened to lose so many viewers??

Thats a bit sad isn't it.... some people really need to get a life :/ this is supposed to be a weight loss support forum... not a playground...

Just looking at Sue's posts in general and signature would say to me that she would never intend to hurt someones feelings.. And its not her bloody fault that we're in a recession or that TV costs money! Sue we still think you're fab, and a lovely member, so don't let that nobody ruin your day xx

--
on topic, I'm not a huge fan of the x factor, it just seems to me that people are there with a sob story about their nan that died or whatever. They can all hold a tune but I find most of them rather average these days. It seems like the papers do nothing but cover the spats between the judges!

I like the dancing with the stars/strictly come dancing series, and thats about the only reality show I would actually want to watch, because its less about them being a celeb, and actually about putting on an entertainment show. Plus brucies in it <3

Back