I'm so glad the X factor has finished for another year

Actually it must be someone who knows that the only way you can be anonymous on here is with a rep. comment.

Also the only T.V. you pay for in the U,K, apart from Sky is the BBC, ITV is paid for by advertisements.

We can not receive the BBC but we do receive ITV . We could receive BBC at one time but not now.

Anyway this is not about justifying whether we watch "free" T.V, or not it is about someone too cowardly to make their remarks public.

Who ever it is is obviously upset by me rather than the fact that we do not pay a T.V. license.

Last edited:
What you said was that television is good value for money, which is a perfectly valid opinion and one that I agree with.

Good value doesn't necessarily equate with cheap, or free; good value doesn't imply that everyone can afford it.

The licence fee is a sizeable chunk of money, true, but take last night as an example. How much would it have cost someone to go to the Royal Variety Performance? Or to go to Denmark to watch the football?

Don't let a silly remark upset you - we all love you!

Some people should go and learn the art of debating without sending spineless
comments Sue
Your words have been taken out of all context nothing in your words suggest
you have been tactless
far from it ....

I didn't see anything wrong in your comment :confused: What a coward.

Big hug Sue x

Sue you haven't done anything wrong. You're always here with words of wisdom and support for all of us. You aint going anywhere Mrs cos we won't let you :D

I didn't even know you could send a bad rep thing. If someone said something I didn't agree with I would tell them why and give my reasons or I would just ignore them. I wouldn't dream of sending a bad rep.

What I want to know is how does this person cope in the real world. We all see and hear things we don't agree with everyday but we don't have a bad rep button to press.

tillymax said:
Sue you haven't done anything wrong. You're always here with words of wisdom and support for all of us. You aint going anywhere Mrs cos we won't let you :D

I didn't even know you could send a bad rep thing. If someone said something I didn't agree with I would tell them why and give my reasons or I would just ignore them. I wouldn't dream of sending a bad rep.

What I want to know is how does this person cope in the real world. We all see and hear things we don't agree with everyday but we don't have a bad rep button to press.

I don't think there is a bad rep button Tilly - I think the dumbass individual has given sue a rep, and left a nasty comment?! x

I don't think there is a bad rep button Tilly - I think the dumbass individual has given sue a rep, and left a nasty comment?! x

You are right Mrs. S. I must admit it was a shock cos I would never think of using the rep facility that way.

Oh I see. Thanks for that. I'm a bit thick but I mean well :D

No not at all Tilly, I explained it badly.

Thank you for all the fantastic support. It has reminded me why I stay here amongst you lovely people.

It would be a shame to let one sad individual keep me away from a place I normally enjoy being. So I won't.

enormous hugs to you all :33::26::23:

Sue anonymous posters are tossers and deserve all the crap in life dumped on them. In fact they probably already have a miserable life and it's all their own fault!

Also the licence fee is 40p a day, I reckon loads of us pay more than that for Internet/mobile phones/landlines/chocolate/newspapers and magazines so yes it is good value for money.

Sue anonymous posters are tossers and deserve all the crap in life dumped on them. In fact they probably already have a miserable life and it's all their own fault!

Also the licence fee is 40p a day, I reckon loads of us pay more than that for Internet/mobile phones/landlines/chocolate/newspapers and magazines so yes it is good value for money.

exactly :D not even worth thinking about Sue. :bighug: xxxxx

Sue chica - take no notice of this person. As Shirleen and many others have said, they are a spineless, gutless individual!

They are most probably envious of the fact that you you live in Spain and are loved and respected by almost everyone on here for your fresh outlook and forthright opinions on life in general. The fact that you can do it with eloquence and without bad mouthing anyone probably just adds to their indigestion.

Do not disappear. I contemplated it a while back because of an individual who threatened to report me to the mods because of my polite request to her to be more tactful. But I decided to stay because at the end of the day that is probably what they are trying to achieve and no way were they going to win!

:hug99:s chica

PS I too live in Spain and can't get any TV at all except Sky News!!! And that gets very boring!

Fillymum don't waste precious emotions on someone who can't even say something without having to hide who they are.

And what a stupid thing to say. I mean, I would roll my eyes are them virtually if I knew who it was.

You know you're loved. Say whatever you want. People who know you will know what your intentions are x

There was nothing wrong in what you said sue, Ive just leaned how to give rep, hope it balanced out what you lost.

I'm surprised that such a thread has not seen me receive such bad comments, I don't like stereotyping but most of the woman I know love such programmes, Its good to have such a discussion with woman who can see what a pile of plop such TV shows are

Oh yes it is! Oh no it isn't!
Oh yes it is!

If you don't add your name on a rep, the person receivingf it hasn't a clue who did it. Unless you can tell us otherwise!

Oh yes it is! Oh no it isn't!
Oh yes it is!

If you don't add your name on a rep, the person receivingf it hasn't a clue who did it. Unless you can tell us otherwise!

thats what I thought as I've had several unnamed lovely ones that have no idea who sent me so I always add my name and a more personal message now xxxxx

Back