I'm so glad the X factor has finished for another year

thats what I thought as I've had several unnamed lovely ones that have no idea who sent me so I always add my name and a more personal message now xxxxx
I've had a couple like this too - so frustrating when you get nice things said and see who said it!
Ask admin or tech support. Trace IP address etc. - presumably in case someone does something nasty;)
I'm sure the mods would be able to work it out, I certainly can on the forum I run, but a normal user can't always tell!

Bloomin' Heck, I'm either having a dull day, nothing new ;), but what is all this stuff about reps?

ginlin said:
Bloomin' Heck, I'm either having a dull day, nothing new ;), but what is all this stuff about reps?

Someone 'repped' Fillymum (click the scales to the bottom left of someones post) but instead of a positive comment left a nasty one.

Ask admin or tech support. Trace IP address etc. - presumably in case someone does something nasty;)

It is a double edged sword Steve.

Whilst now I feel unsure of who I can and cannot be as open as I normally am, it is a horrid feeling not knowing when, like me, you like so many people on here but obviously there is one who does not return that feeling and is secretly bearing a grudge. They obviously see me in a different light to the reality of what my life is.
Do I want to know in case it is someone I am very fond off??? I think not.
I think that I am better off not knowing though as I said it is a horrid feeling and has left me feeling a bit different to the boards.
On the credit side, my word do I know what a fantastic group of people there are here too !!!!

Take the positive out of everything !!!

:33::26::23:

It is a double edged sword Steve.

Whilst now I feel unsure of who I can and cannot be as open as I normally am, it is a horrid feeling not knowing when, like me, you like so many people on here but obviously there is one who does not return that feeling and is secretly bearing a grudge. They obviously see me in a different light to the reality of what my life is.
Do I want to know in case it is someone I am very fond off??? I think not.
I think that I am better off not knowing though as I said it is a horrid feeling and has left me feeling a bit different to the boards.
On the credit side, my word do I know what a fantastic group of people there are here too !!!!

Take the positive out of everything !!!

:33::26::23:

Sue, you are such a lovely lady who helps out and inspires so many others.

It's a shame that someone on here could be so awful - but like you have said, take the positive out of everything. The huge majority of us on here love and appreciate you, and that's all that matters!

Big hugs :bighug:xx

Don't worry about it Sue. Some people are very open on here, some are more guarded. Some people divulge more information than necessary, while others give up nothing.

It's all good as they say. Is it not also possible that whoever"repped" you didn't mean it to sound as nasty as it came across? - I know sometimes the printed word seems a lot harsher than the spoken one;)

We all think you're all right:p

Don't worry about it Sue. Some people are very open on here, some are more guarded. Some people divulge more information than necessary, while others give up nothing.

It's all good as they say. Is it not also possible that whoever"repped" you didn't mean it to sound as nasty as it came across? - I know sometimes the printed word seems a lot harsher than the spoken one;)

Do you know I've just thought, there was a thread the other day telling people off for calling others names and we all said to take it to the person concerned or the Mods.
I wonder if this was someones misguided attempt to do this?

Seems exceptionally petty, misguided or not. TV licence is surely the tiniest of most peoples bills.
Sue, just pity them. If that is such a sore point for them they must be in a pretty bad place to be spitting in such a manner. Don't let it upset you.

Possibly Steve but I think not. It was quite clear.

All just a storm in a teacup, not that important in the great scheme of life. To many real problems to contend with.

I have my own ideas and that is the sad part.

If the person concerned had just had the guts to put their name to it I would not have been in the least bit upset and just defended myself and not worried myself so much in case I had really offended someone.

Do you know I've just thought, there was a thread the other day telling people off for calling others names and we all said to take it to the person concerned or the Mods.
I wonder if this was someones misguided attempt to do this?

I must have missed that one Shirleen . I will look for it now.

:33::33::23:

I'm a Strictly girl! I love it and can't wait for tomorrow nights final!

I love F1 too, and everything that Clarkson does or says! I don't like TOWIE and shows like that though!

I tell you what I hate though, twats who upset people for no reason! So the person who upset Sue, I hope karma gets you, good and hard and on your arse!!

End! :D

Sue, don't speculate. Pop a pm to starlight and ask if its possible for them to find out. They don't have to tell you, but they could ban the user for misusing the rep system. Speculating about it will just leave you reading into the meaning of other peoples posts and trusting no-one just in case it might be them. They aren't worth wasting emotion on.

Lovely Sue, if anything, this has just confirmed how much you are loved and adored by all of us on here :)
You are indeed a wonderful lady. xxx

Sue, the tremendous amount of support you've had here in the last FOUR pages speaks volumes!!! I am gobsmacked someone has even thought of repping in a negative way! It hadn't even crossed my mind to use it in this way, not that I would (unless the anonymous repper's name were to be revealed and then they would receive a huuuuuuge number of negative reps lol!!) I'm so cross that this has upset you so much as your comment was totally innocent! Merely an opinion, and it's a free world (well it should be anyway!!) We're all allowed to state our opinions- what else is a forum for?! We're all here to help each other and to express ourselves as individuals!! Some of the topics will demonstrate our similarities, and some will demonstrate our differences, which is what makes us human!!

We all have different tastes and preferences! I personally LOVE light entertainment on TV! I haven't missed one episode of Corrie since the tram crash this time last year (courtesy of good old Sky +!!), I adore X Factor (despite its lack of je ne sais quois this year!), Strictly Come Dancing, Britain's Got Talent, Big Brother (when I can keep up with it- and yes I was one of the saddos in the live audience of the Celeb BB launch in August!!!) I also love watching nature documentaries, documentaries about peoples' lives and the human body, all sorts of other types of documentaries, news channels (incl Newsnight), current affairs programmes like Panorama, football, tennis, quiz programmes, cookery programmes, history programmes, films (all sorts of genres). Is it OK to NOT fall into any particular category of person or be pigeon-holed, but to have a wide range of interests depending on my mood, and not be judged for it?!

Of COURSE it's OK for you to sit in your home in Spain after having worked your socks off to earn a living (and probably still working your socks off today) and enjoy a jolly good bit of light entertainment on TV Sue!!

If the truth be known, the culprit is probably reading all these comments and laughing their head off as it was probably their mission to spark off a huge and angry response! So try and let it go over your head too hun XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Back