Im sorry I had to shout it out! IM NO LONGER IN THE OBESE RANGE!

Bet you feel great. Congratulations

Well done you its a great feeling isnt it!!!:)

Woo hoo! I cant wait til I get into that range!! (getting there now :) ) Well done!

My kids just signed me up on the wii fit. It says I am obese! I really didn't think I was. I need to loose 10lb to not be obese anymore. That was a wake up call!!

Don't bother with that on the wii fit. It really angered me as it said my very slim 12 year old was at the top of the bmi range and she most certainly isn't. She started to get concerned about it and I had to show her that it was completely inaccurate. I think a lot of people will be confused by whatever scale the wii fit seems to use. Either that or the board's just not sophisticated enough to weigh properly.

peacelily said:
Don't bother with that on the wii fit. It really angered me as it said my very slim 12 year old was at the top of the bmi range and she most certainly isn't. She started to get concerned about it and I had to show her that it was completely inaccurate. I think a lot of people will be confused by whatever scale the wii fit seems to use. Either that or the board's just not sophisticated enough to weigh properly.

BMI is not supposed to be used for children anyhow so even if it was accurate at weighing it wouldn't mean a thing that it put her where it did. Children up to 16 are measured on the BMI percentile scale which is based on averages for each age x

Yes I agree that bmi not supposed to be used for children but that's not something a lot of people would know and as the wii fit is marketed at children so it angers me that a lot of children would look at these stats and think they're correct. When my daughter used it I hadn't thought of the need to check it. So think people should be made aware of it.

peacelily said:
Yes I agree that bmi not supposed to be used for children but that's not something a lot of people would know and as the wii fit is marketed at children so it angers me that a lot of children would look at these stats and think they're correct. When my daughter used it I hadn't thought of the need to check it. So think people should be made aware of it.

Yes I agree it should be made clear on the game screens that it the readings should not be used for children. I seem to remember an uproar about this when it first came out and Nintendo were forced to apologise. You would think they could have added something to the games made after that happened x

Congratulations! That must feel fantastic. I think I need to lose another 7lbs to do the same and am very excited about getting there soon!

peacelily said:

Thanks for that. I had no idea. I was a bit concerned when they showed it to me. I think I need to have a chat with them just incase they are worried! They both came out in the healthy range, but you never know with girls.

ScarlettStar86 said:
BMI is not supposed to be used for children anyhow so even if it was accurate at weighing it wouldn't mean a thing that it put her where it did. Children up to 16 are measured on the BMI percentile scale which is based on averages for each age x

I will definitely be having a chat with my girls. It might be time to get rid of the wii fit game!! I am quite upset about it all now. :(

Think in principle it's a good idea and as long as we are aware of what these things entail and can talk to the kids about it in the right way it should be ok. But did get me quite angry at the time I have to say.

Back