Immune to Xenical?

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Brunetteandred, 19 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Brunetteandred

Brunetteandred Officially a loser

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(25%)
    Diet:
    Bypass all the way
    Has anyone here taken Xenical and not had any side effects at all? My OH has been prescribed it twice now and was warned of oily stools etc. but nothing happens.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PinkyButtonz

PinkyButtonz Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Pre-op starting 28/09/09
    Is he losing weight?
    Maybe he's cut his fat content too low.

I used Xenical many years ago when it first came out. I lost 5st, then I felt like it had stopped working. I used it again a few years later and it seemed to be hit or miss if it worked.

At times I'd be surprised that a low fat meal of chicken breast would have me leaking oily stool.

I found a few tablets I'd forgotten I had and been using them for a few days and they seem to be working.

4. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    If he is eating a low fat diet, then he will not have oily stools. I was on Xenical for a year ( just stopped the tabs last month), stuck to a diet that was 5% fat and didn't have any side effects at all :)
    xx

5. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    agreed with ali , only had a few side effects when i tried salmon which is low in fat but has oil in it ect... x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.