Impending Doom

captain nemo

Chunky Munkey
ive been on plan 100% since my holiday and everythings going great, im still getting plenty of free food and i havent cheated at all but.......... in the last few days ive just felt a bit weaker, im under a lot of stress at work and stress is one of my food triggers,
ive been unconciously craving things, i went shopping and came back with some rice cakes that i thought were free, they were 5syns a portion, i bought low fat creme fraiche thinking it was very low and it wasnt, i havent used it, but i see it as a sign that im wanting things i shouldnt have, and even though ive been doing great and im not having problems with the plan or sticking to it, i just feel like im about to sabbotage myself again.

ive a history of doing well and then just blowing it. i managed to lose 6 1/2 st 4 year ago doing atkins, and i blew it when i was finding that dead easy.

i just cant help thinking im close to blowing it again.

Well done for recognising it, now you have you can decide what to do about it.:) Boredom is often the culprit, I think I read somewhere that alot of diets are broken after about 10 weeks once people think they know what they're doing and start to slip. By about week 8 I thought I knew exactly what I was doing and without realising it I let thinigs slip a little. Nothing major just not checking syns beforehand or not writing everything down. Once I admitted it to myself I went back to basics as though it was my first week, searched for new recipes and made myself cook them even when I didn't feel like it. It really paid off and gave me a boost as though I was starting again. It does mean thinking about it constantly which isn't ideal but it's working for the time being. I'm not saying it's boredom for you just a possibility.

The only advice I have is to try and eat differently for a week. Change your breakfast if you're eating the same every day. Try something from the supermarket you haven't had before and see if you like it. Think about what you really want to eat and change it where necessary (frylight, quark etc in place of the 'fat foods'). I think we all sometimes eat what we think we should, I'm not a fan of salad but found myself eating it everyday for a week because I thought it would be better for me. Of course it did me no harm except I spent the week in a really bad mood and constantly having to shout at myself because I craved pizza. If I'd thought clearly then I'd have made a pizza I could have and the week would have passed more smoothly. If you crave something then you can normally find a way around it. It may not be exactly the same but it's better than none at all.

I hope the stress goes soon, it's awful knowing you have that trigger but you can decide not to give in. Think about your goals, think about life at a normal weight and it may help. Unfortunately there will always be stressful times even when you're at target so if you can figure out a way to deal with it now you will be able to deal with it at target too. We all need to think about the big picture, once we're at target our lives aren't going to be vastly different, we'll still have cravings/stress/holidays and we won't suddenly be able to cave to cravings just because we look better. If you can deal with it now you can deal with it for the rest of your life.:)

Back