Implanon implant

I think it very much comes down to who performs the procedure. My first one was put in by a newbie and that got a bit messy
. The replacement was done in one fell swoop by the resident doctor at our family planningg centre, she's been putting them in for 6 years! I actually have a photo of the aftermath if anyone would like to see it!

I do have quite a high pain threshold though. My first tattoo took 7 hours and I managed it in one sitting, even the tattooist applauded me :)

Not a very good photo but you can see the bruising :)

ForumRunner_20120112_153512.jpg

I had the implant and had regular periods, just very light ones that last about 2 days and sometimes didn't even require a pad. Was sore for about a week when it was put in but other than that was no problem at all, yes you can feel it in, but what's weird about that? And I found the first few days my appetite increased, but soon settled down and I didn't gain any weight, true I didn't lose any either but hey
I had mine out in august, didn't hurt at all, and was taken out by a trainee within a few minutes. I found outbid October I was pregnant yay
No complaints from me, other than feeling really emotional with it in tbh x

I had the implant and had regular periods, just very light ones that last about 2 days and sometimes didn't even require a pad. Was sore for about a week when it was put in but other than that was no problem at all, yes you can feel it in, but what's weird about that? And I found the first few days my appetite increased, but soon settled down and I didn't gain any weight, true I didn't lose any either but hey
I had mine out in august, didn't hurt at all, and was taken out by a trainee within a few minutes. I found outbid October I was pregnant yay
No complaints from me, other than feeling really emotional with it in tbh x

Congrats on being preg! That is the one thing which will make sure i have it taken out LOL.
TBH i have forgotten about the pain now (6 months down the line) I do wonder if it was partly because i had lost weight after having it put in?!
Lets face it...It can't be a painful as childbirth! The pain it stops! LOL x

You cod have it out earlier? They say they don't mind?
But tbh my bruising was gone within 5 days. It left a red, pea sized, puncture whole of not for a better description. However, I'm one of the unlucky ones that they had trouble getting out so hopefully wouldn't be as noticable next time! :) x

cariadfaith said:
I know I could get it out earlier... I'm just trying to be cheap:

I'm living in Canada at the moment and getting married in UK, plan to go back around the time it is due out to organise some final things for my wedding and thought I could tie it in with then, and get it our for free. I'm not sure of the medical system here yet, but I'm pretty sure I will have to pay for it -which isn't a big deal I guess, I'm just a penny pincher! :D

I bruise easy too - mine was fine in a couple of weeks. They can also put the new one in when they take the old one out so no extra scars, though i can't see any scars on my arm - and i scar easy too!

Its also worth noting that the reason they changed the type of implant they were using in the UK recently was because the old ones (implamon) were difficult to fit & remove - so any horror stories from a year or more ago are usually for the old one not the new one (nexplanon)

I got one about 3 years ago. Was fine for the first year or so (no periods, no weight gain) but after that I never knew whether I was coming or going with periods! I was so irregular it was making me really miserable. My doc put me on the pill for 3 months to settle them, but as soon as I stopped taking it they were back to crazy again. Had it out about 18 months ago and have never looked back.

It was pretty painless to get in and out and I don't even notice the incision mark.

It's each to their own with respect to contraception. I was on Depo for AGES and never had a problem, but I know people who had major mood swings on it. But I'd never have another implant - it just doesn't suit me.

Back