impossible to gain if...

missjam

would it be impossible to gain a POUND OF FAT if you did slip up and had a little treat... i havent cheated just keep thinking about the whole calories thing. Random example would be something like having 600 calories of your exante packs and then eating something like a peanut butter sandwich... since you would only be having less than 1000 calories in total on that day you would retain water from being knocked out of ketosis but would not gain any fat. Am i right?? i do understand i would have to wait a few days to get back into ketosis but i wouldnt mind doing that as a treat as long as i dont gain fat!

Youre right but would it be worth knocking yourself out of ketosis for the sake of a sandwich? :)

Like Starlight said, it's really not worth having a 'treat' (we shouldn't be using food as treats!) and being knocked out of ketosis.
If you really want to eat something then have cooked chicken :D

Please don't do it! I had 1 treat & 3 days later I'm still eating. It's hard to re-start again as anyone who has/is doing it will tell you. Just think, you can have that sandwich when your at goal.

its just a very random example... however i do like peanut butter haha! Im going to manchester for the day on wed .. ive never been before!!! and was thinking if i had a treat in moderation so my calories were still less than 1000 id be able to enjoy my day and not worry about the fat gain!

its just a very random example... however i do like peanut butter haha! Im going to manchester for the day on wed .. ive never been before!!! and was thinking if i had a treat in moderation so my calories were still less than 1000 id be able to enjoy my day and not worry about the fat gain!

You will gain the water, And it may take a week or 2 to undo. Plus getting back into ketosis can be a struggle because you would knock yourself out.

If your going to cheat, cheat on things that keeps you in ketosis such as meat, no more than a cup of green veg, cheese/soft cheese/cottage cheese (in moderation), Eggs, fish etc. Pork scratchings, pepperoni etc. etc.. And don't weight until your weigh day, as any sneaky peak can make you give up if your not happy with it.

In no way do I condone cheating. ;)

I have to echo what everyone else has said. You'll just be prolonging your weight loss journey and is that really worth it? You never NEED a treat, you just WANT it. You have to think of the bigger picture in terms of what you really want. Whether losing the weight and reaching target or indulging in treats is more important to you.

How about a chicken breast n peppers in lettuce leaves? A bit like a sandwich but healthy hey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its your diet , if you wish to eat a peanut sandwich in Manchester you can.Tis your choice .

although peole have given you very good reasons to enjoy your day without non TFR food:)

I put a pound on this week :( Ive been doing WS and stuck to it 100% apart from one day i had 2 bits of toast extra but still only went up to 1200 cals that day (and 1000 all the other days). Im not putting it down to only the toast though, I reckon its a combination of being due on and not drinking enough this week. So, if you have your peanut butter sandwich its not the end of the world as you will still be having low cals, just make sure you still drink lots and get back on the wagon x

I have moved up to the 1000 cal plan on the Cambridge diet plan......however, this still does not allow me to eat peanut butter sarnies!! Shame!! Lol I can only eat certain foods in certain quantities. It is a carefully worked out plan and everything has to be weighed and I still have to have 2 CD products.
I suppose what I am trying to say is it's not just about keeping within the calorie allowance, it's also what foods you can have.

Back