In For A Penny In For 33 Pounds

Really not sure if I am doing this right, but I have embarked on my SW journey today.

I am 41 (but very very young at heart) married and have a 3 and a half year old little boy.

I have always battled with my weight, and I guess I have over the last 25 years been a yoyo dieter, loosing 2 stone, then putting it back on. I have lost weight successfully with Slimming World back in the 1990's and then on The South Beach diet in the early 2000's. I got married in 2006 and was at my ideal weight of 9 stone 9, but a series of miscarriages and a difficult pregnancy in 2008 saw my weight dramatically rise to 16.5 stone the day I gave birth. I was so disgusted with my pregnant body that there are NO photos of me at this stage. I only know that I weighed this much because I was put on the scales before an emergency C Section.

I lost a 3 stone very quickly, and in 2010 lost 2 stone in 4 months on The South Beach Diet again, but over the last year have out 7lbs back on, leaving me just over 2 stone to my target weight.
My weakness - Chocolate, Biscuits and sweet things.

I know that my own insecurities all lie with my low self esteem about how I look. I spend at least 20 minutes each night trying on different outfits so that I am prepared in the morning to get up and just get dressed.

My husband is convinced that even if I loose the weight again I will still not be happy, but I know that I will be happier than I am now.

What's my dream - to get back into my "THIN JEANS" bought at my lightest - to be a slinky size 12 without a tyre round my belly....

So that's why I have started again.....
I would dearly love to lose a stone by Xmas but am not sure if I have left it too late.....Fingers Crossed and here's hoping.

So today my husband has come home and said that he will do the diet with me if I go to the meetings rather than try and do the diet on my own.

I haven't been to a group for almost 20 years and have always managed to lose weight in the intervening years under my own steam. However my husband needs to lose weight too and if this means that he will join me in the quest to lose the pounds then it's off I go to join SW at my local meeting.

Today has been a good day. Fruit throughout the day, Jacket Potato and Beans for Lunch and Salmon, Veg and Cous Cous for dinner. Now to get through the evening without nibbling on them pesky biscuits and chocolates....

Good for you - I am sure you will do it. How great that your DH is supporting you. I have tried many times to do this on my own but I honestly find that going to group really helps and keeps me on the straight and narrow

Back