In for the long haul

grovergirl1

I have made the tough decision to abandon my proposed 3 weeks on Lipotrim today, which would've been day 6. To put it short and simply, it wasn't agreeing with me - mind, body or soul. I was going a bit demented (a bit!!!) - couldn't sleep, had no energy, couldn't focus or concentrate, couldn't get work done, was zoned out most of the time, haven't been to the loo all week, have crashing headaches, forgetting stuff all the time (I have spent the week retracing my steps collecting things!), making excuses for not going to things because they involve food/I haven't the energy etc etc.

So.... the dress still hangs on the back of my wardrobe for a work do on December 5th, and I dearly, dearly want to shed the pounds (and more importantly, the inches), so the plan is, I think, to eat clean, as clean as possible. I'm sure I'll have more focused plans as I go, but I want to remain accountable to myself, so I'm hoping this diary will help.

I've had a dinner of chicken breast, Brussel sprouts and an apple, I had some chargrilled squid (M&S) earlier. And we went on a long doggie walk, with loads of climbing - about 2 hours.

Now to return to life....

Hi Melanie, I think you have made the right decision... no point in continuing to try to keep to something that is making you feel so spaced out all the time. Hope the healthy eating regime will prove to be better for you.
Are you going to keep to a calorie control at all?
All the best for your new attempt at losing those pounds.

Thanks Emms... I will have to have a think about structure, but I want to eat clean, low sugar, low processed food... Stuff that makes me feel good and is healthy... The 80/20 rule.

I woke today feeling like a new woman. My positivity has returned, as has the colour in my face. I only think about food half the time (!) rather than the 100% obsessing I'd been doing. I also like myself a whole lot more today.

If I can have a day of eating clean, I'll be on the right road...

Good luck today everyone. Feel happy!

Good luck!

Thanks everyone!

Yep, good day so far. Had the most delicious salad out at lunch today - feta, beetroot, seeds and leaves. Really nutritious, no carb hangover and filling. I could eat it all day every day.

Dinner tonight is cajun salmon and a huge plate of sprouts. And maybe an apple later.

I know the scales is going to mess with my head big time, so I don't know what to do about tomorrow's weigh-in... might let things settle a bit first.

The cajun salmon sound lovely! I think leaving it a week might be a good idea from the sounds of things, lots of big changes in a short space of time can wreak havoc.

My bodypump instructor eats clean constantly and she takes in natural nuts, berries, veggies and salads. I really wish I ate salad, unfortunately I can't stand the stuff.

Keep positive!

Staying positive alright! And going to bed tonight in much better form than last Sunday when I was at such a low that I restarted Lipotrim. I don't regret my decision to go off it at all as now all cravings have gone, as has the exhaustion, foggy brain, listlessness and bickering with everything/one (including and especially myself!).

Have a gym session with my trainer in the morning and looking forward to it. Then a work lunch that I'll have to be smart to eat around it, but am well able.

Night all.

Good luck with this grovergirl1, it's all about what suits you and from the sound of it this is the best way for you :) do you us My Fitness Pal?

Xx

Good Morning

Just here to subscribe. I love your idea of clean eating. This is what I'm wanting to do now with the influence of slimming world which is all freshly cooked and prepared foods anyway.

Good luck! You sound like your in a great frame of mind!

Xxx

Staying positive alright! And going to bed tonight in much better form than last Sunday when I was at such a low that I restarted Lipotrim. I don't regret my decision to go off it at all as now all cravings have gone, as has the exhaustion, foggy brain, listlessness and bickering with everything/one (including and especially myself!).

Have a gym session with my trainer in the morning and looking forward to it. Then a work lunch that I'll have to be smart to eat around it, but am well able.

Night all.

All sounding very good there Grovergirl, long may it continue!
Hope the gym session went well... Top marks!! :clap:

Hi everyone (and me!),

Sorry, I've been up to my ears with work, so haven't had a chance to breathe. In update, all is going great. I've had a really stressful time, with long periods between meals (meetings), and have done well. I've actually been eating healthily!!! Usually I'm an all or nothing girl, so I'm so produ of my progress.

Yesterday
B - Berries and seeds
L - Smoiked Salmon, Venison, mashed root veg (work lunch)
S - 1 small cookie (have to be honest here)
D - Roast veg salad, with bulgar, a little feta and pesto; Banana

Today
B - nothing (early morning meetings that went on all day)
L - nothing (agh!)
S - 4 almonds, 2 brazil nuts
D - Moroccan chicken soup, whole grain toast, apple
S - Nuts and raisins; Banana

@Gie, I've used MFP in the past, but this time round I dearly want to do everything with positivity... I find the app can have me obsessing, and beating myself up for every calorie consumed, legitimately or not. I think it's going to take me a long time this way, but if the yoyoing is less, it'll prob take me the same amount of time to 'get there', without killing myself and hating myself.

Training at 7am tomorrow. Ugh!

Night all!

Stressy day at work... usually the sort of one that would have me eating crap from early on... and just loading in the sugar as almost a knee-jerk coping mechanism.
It was far from perfect, but at least had a semblance of okay...

I had
B- Berries and seeds
L- Broccoli, hazelnut and feta salad; multiseed scone, apple.
S – Porridge bar (honey and raspberry)
S – 2 oatcakes, a little butter

Need to eat more veggies, will do tomorrow.

Training went well. In the gym early tomorrow again.

Oh, and I measured myself, great results. Down 3.5cm from chest, 1.5 from waist, 4.5cm from hips in the week.
Now to keep it going!

Back