In need of a SW buddy!

Hope everyone's doing ok. Had good day yesterday I did diet coke chicken last night, I love that added a red chilli into it for the first time ever and it was yum just spiced it up abit.

Hi everyone, I am new here and hoping to start the Slimming World diet this weekend. Have been sensible the past few days but need to shop appropriately. I don't want to commit to a group as money is tight so hoping to go it alone using this group. I want to lose 2 stone, and I'm not sure if I am setting my targets too high to do this by September. I did do Weightwatchers about 10 years ago but have gradually put the weight back on (and more). I have tried to follow what I used to do on that but not seeing any difference almost instantly has always made me give up. I need to see results instantly to gain that motivation to continue.

I am confused by all the abbreviations and different diets so am going to have a good read up this evening. In the meantime if anyone knows of any good threads to direct me to as a beginner I would appreciate it. This all seems so daunting at the moment but it is time to actually do something and not keep saying tomorrow!

Hi welcome to the group
If I was you I would initially go to group to get the books and have the talk with the consultant so you know what your doing, you don't have to go back after this if you don't want to . It can be very daunting and confusing trying to grasp it all by different threads etc. good luck.

Thank you.

I have seen starter packs/cookbooks on E bay and was wondering if I could get all the info I need from them.

I really do want to succeed this time.

Hey Chomp,

I started SW in February best decision I've made in a long time. I also do group on a Tuesday, our group is good but there are a few that like the sound of their own voice.

Yeah I have a couple of voice lovers - but I think 80% of mine are genuine and enthusiastic so I let them off but theres a core group of hard faced better than everyone else upturned nose ladies whose shins I want to kick!

Welcome Chomp
Good luck on yr SW journey you will def loose loads of weight if you stick to plan 100% unlike me I struggle from time to time lol 
You will have loads of support and encouragement from the ladies on here they are lovely x

Thanks Blanco - I had a bit of a rough weekend in terms of sticking to 100% - More like 75% but I'm doing SP days till thursday weigh in now and hoping for the best!

Hey ladies,

How was everyone's weekend?

Mines hasn't been great, still having issues with my leg

Good for fun and sleeping, middle of the road food wise! So unpredictable because we both hate cooking and end up going out spur of the moment, but would rather have slower losses and have a break from cooking! Lol you? X

Hi all
Making good use of my slow cooker this week. Last night we had beef casserole and I've just put in a chicken curry with new pots and loads of red pepper hope it tastes nice as not done it before lol, will have it with rice. Hope you guys are all doing well.
Chee hope your leg gets better soon.

I love my slow cooker, never tried a curry in it, let me know how it turns out love a good curry.

It's weigh-in day for me

Stupid leg, hopefully I'll get my MRI results soon.

I love my slow cooker, never tried a curry in it, let me know how it turns out love a good curry.

It's weigh-in day for me

Stupid leg, hopefully I'll get my MRI results soon.

Curry in slow cooker was lovely and dead easy, all in one pot

3.5lbs off this week, meaning I got my 1.5st award, so happy

Going to have to try the curry

My hubbie made lovely chicken curry tonight - I love curry too and he always makes it SW friendly too.

Purplesunshine you are very welcome here! If you want to contact me personally I will always reply, within a day or two

Hi purple sunshine
Good luck Hun we are all buddies here
Did chilli con carne in slow cooker today was yummy, think that's me done with the slow cooker though this week lol.

I've just had Chinese........guilt setting in now, wasn't even that good!! Back on it tomorrow.

Welcome Purplesunshine

Back