Work nightshift:

Tuna pasta salad (1 syn LTL mayo)
Fruit
Yogurt
Jelly (1/2 syn)

Up for 24hrs so need plenty to eat.
16 1/2 syns a little over my daily amount

1lb at a time as long as it takes.

For being awake 24 hrs whats 1.5syns over?

I think you are doing well

Hi Mrsk81

Sounds like you need some friends.
Find this site very friendly.
Have you let ww go and focusing on sw or still harbouring ww.
You need to plan and not be scared to eat.
Here to support you if you need us.
Is there anything you are not sure about the plan? Are you doing EE or a mixture maybe.
Why not post you're food diary so we can see if you are on the right track.

For being awake 24 hrs whats 1.5syns over?

I think you are doing well

I know always feel bad going over 15 a day.
Should give weekly syns a try.

Thank you for a lovely welcome! I'm a Green girl as I mainly eat veggie so I find the extra a and b choice suits me really well. Unfortunately, I'm also the fussy food person known to man and I hate most veggie and fruit - I know, don't worry I'm used to people telling me that I'm an odd one!! So my diet is mainly made up with jacket and pasta which actually suits me fine! I think I need to let go of WW and embrace SW! I love the plan, I just need to bring the rest of me up to speed with it and stop binging and sabotaging my weight lost!

It will be lovely to join you all on my journey! A little bit about me then: my name is Sarah, I'm in my early 30s and I live with my husband of 18 months (been together 10 years) and our terrier cross in Cornwall! I lost 3 stone for my best friends wedding back in 2009 and managed I keep it off until 2012 when we got married and since then I have regained almost 2 stone of it! I have one pair of jeans that fit me now and the rest are too small and I've love to get back into them (and the rest of my wardrobe again). I sit at a desk all day but walk daily across the beach with Jack for an hour or so at a time!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better xx

Hello Sarah

Welcome

I have come back to SW after a time of calorie counting but I know, in order for the plan to be successful, I need to commit to it 101%. And not be afraid of it. I regularly have my 15 Syns a day and take free food to the max. A few years back I lost about 5.5 st on SW and often had a Mars bar a day. And 4 weetabix for breakfast. And the beauty of SW is that I feel relaxed doing it - less stress over what to eat and less stress when it comes to shopping.

Dogs are great at encouraging body magic aren't they? Have you tried wearing a pedometer - mine spurs me on.

Pickle is my dog :)

Hello Sarah Welcome I have come back to SW after a time of calorie counting but I know, in order for the plan to be successful, I need to commit to it 101%. And not be afraid of it. I regularly have my 15 Syns a day and take free food to the max. A few years back I lost about 5.5 st on SW and often had a Mars bar a day. And 4 weetabix for breakfast. And the beauty of SW is that I feel relaxed doing it - less stress over what to eat and less stress when it comes to shopping. Dogs are great at encouraging body magic aren't they? Have you tried wearing a pedometer - mine spurs me on. Pickle is my dog :)
5.5 stone is a fantastic achievement, no one you've come back to it to again. Jack is great for getting me off the sofa. We are out before i go to work, on the days my husband is on early at work, and then out again when I get in from work. My husband works all weekend so jack and i spend it pottering about together. I'd be lost without him. What type of dog is Pickles?
Haven't thought of a pedometer - may see if there an app on my phone to track our walks x

Pickle is a Heinz 57 dog - got a little lurcher in her and some German Shepherd (she has the ears) Don't think I could ever out walk her.

Whats your strategy going to be for the week?

Pickle is a Heinz 57 dog - got a little lurcher in her and some German Shepherd (she has the ears) Don't think I could ever out walk her. Whats your strategy going to be for the week?

Sounds like my Jack - he's a JR/Cairn/Westie

image-1778446134.jpg

I think I'm just going to take one day at a time and go from there. If I plan too far in advance I can't help but go off track as it puts me under too much pressure. My official weigh in day is Wednesday but I was thinking if weighing at another group on Thursday to give myself an extra day but unsure yet. Back to work tomorrow, breakfast and lunch already planned and I've just boiled some eggs to keep in the fridge as a snack for when I get in at 3:30 and then head out for walkies. What day do you weigh Judith?

I weigh in Boots on a Saturday..... my scales at home are too unreliable

When I wwent to group I used to go Wednesday night......is the Thursday class in the morning? (You weigh less in the morning compared to the evening)

Welcome MrsK8 :)

So, I'm back after poofing for a few days and I feel scared of what the scales will bring on tuesday.

Birthday was thursday - went 5 syns over.
Went to OH's parents friday (got back today) I had a pack of pops, a half of a peanut butter oreo (And I'm allergic!!! felt a bit ill since) an chicken with the skin on. pops and oreo come to 5.5 so I hope the chicken was less than 9 haha.
Saturday was good. Had a piece of medium half half toast (5.5) with a light cow triangle cheese (counting as hea) and some chinese (chicken chow mein, will count as 7.5) so that's 13.. and toay I've had some pastry bits (counting as 5) roasties, a yorkie pud (3) an some gravy.. I'm going to pretend in my mind it's 15 in case something was more than I thought.

I know I haven't been too naughty and I have done more body magic.. but * week has come so I am really hoping for a STS on tuesday. Going to eat mostly SF tomo so hope i will do well!

Also apologies for any typos or anything but i can't write with fau;se nails.. got mine done on my birthday lol

I weigh in Boots on a Saturday..... my scales at home are too unreliable When I wwent to group I used to go Wednesday night......is the Thursday class in the morning? (You weigh less in the morning compared to the evening)
Thursday class is in the evening as well which is a pain as I much prefer to morning weigh. I work 7:30-3:30 which means I'm restricted to an evening meeting. Not sure I have the willpower to weigh from home x

Last edited:
Did you enjoy your birthday? That's the main thing.

5 syns in the scheme of things is neither here or there.

Sending positive vibes to all of us this week...... may the scales be kind.

Good for you getting Body Magic in.... that'll give you extra sparkle

was annoying.. I only went over because they took 2 hours to deliver our mains!!! but yeah other than that it was great :)

Hoping the scale faeries will be kind to us all, lol :D

I agree with Judith, 5 syns is nothing! I think you did amazingly well considering it was your birthday. I normally use that as an excuse to eat and drink as much as possible!

I've decided that as long as I'm over 20st I'm not going to let myself completely blow out! I think it really was a reality check standing on the scales for the first time.... urgh...

I think next year I'm having a giant cake, booze and a bbq! Not going to hold back, lol!!

How are we all doing this morning?

I have been up for ages..... not looking forward to going back into the office. Sleep pattern up the creak as well.

Think I'll make matters worse and make myself a strong black coffee. Caffeine overload here I come

Hope work isnt too bad...coffee is essential on a monday morning

My aldi has had a tidy up and moved everything round couldn't find anything,yesterday

Morning! I'm up as well! Just about to head to the beach with pup before toddling off to work. Going to try and resist standing on the scales today. Hope everyone has a good day! I'll post my food later on this afternoon - hoping for a full day on plan. Good luck all x

Back