In need of a SW buddy!

Hi guys, sorry i havent been on in ages! :( not been good at all and ive realised that its times like these that the forum is there for, ive just been feeling too down and like a massive failure to come back on again until today... so here we go again :) i will do a first weigh again and go from there :) hope everyone is doing well i see there are a few losses well done! im glad to be back :D

Hi guys, sorry i havent been on in ages! :( not been good at all and ive realised that its times like these that the forum is there for, ive just been feeling too down and like a massive failure to come back on again until today... so here we go again :) i will do a first weigh again and go from there :) hope everyone is doing well i see there are a few losses well done! im glad to be back :D

Ahhh Aly so pleased your back I wondered where you were..
You are not a failure at all don't say that or else ;)
Sorry you've been feeling crap though but it's upwards and onwards from here on in all us girls are here for each other.. Just start again and draw line under it you will be fine.
Xx

Hi,
My name is Maria, I am 22 and joined slimming world on Monday.
Starting weight 16 stone 13
Target weight 10 stone.
I just keep telling myself that i want to be able to go shopping with my friends and shop in the places they do.
I also work with children in care and I would love it if people stopped calling me fat. I would like to prove to all of the people that have bullied me about my weight but mainly prove to myself that I can do it!

Hi,
Target weight 10 stone.
I just keep telling myself that i want to be able to go shopping with my friends and shop in the places they do.
I also work with children in care and I would love it if people stopped calling me fat. I would like to prove to all of the people that have bullied me about my weight but mainly prove to myself that I can do it!

Hello Maria,

You are fabulous and dont ever listen to the negative words that come out of other peoples mouths. of course you can do this :) we are all in this together hun, good luck! :)

Hi,
Target weight 10 stone.
Hi Maria
Welcome welcome :)
If you need any help/advice just post on here and one of us hopefully will be able to give you an answer..
Xx

Thank you girls :)
Day 3 so I'm just getting used to the home cooking as I slightly embarassed to say this but have recently been eating a lot of takeaways about 5 a week :/
Got to get my head a round what is a syn and what isn't but other than that i'm feeling pretty confident. For the first time ever I am actually excited about losing weight. I'm excited for the future, to see what I look like slim etc...
I can't wait x

Seeking a friend for the end of the diet plan...

Hi Ian here,
Hope men are welcome too. I have been on plan since August 1st and have been happy enough with my progress, until this week.
:gen147:

At weigh-in on Tuesday I came in with a stonking 5lb gain.

A weekend of drinking beer and being only near plan seems to have caught up on me more than I was expecting. I am back on plan this week and trying to be very good but a 5lb gain has really dented my weight loss mojo and I am tweaking very minor things as if they can make up for multiple pints of beer.
:brainfart:

I now have 2 Stone 10 lbs to my very conservative target; once I get there I plan to pick another weight at the top of the Healthy BMI range for my height. Someone to bounce day to day wins and losses would be great. As would confirming understanding of EE (Until they introduce the new system in the new year).

Regards,
Ian

I am another returning failure having regained a stone...but today was a new day ad onwards and upwards

Hi,
Target weight 10 stone.

Welcome sweetie and good luck you can do it

Hi Ian here,
Hope men are welcome too. I have been on plan since August 1st and have been happy enough with my progress, until this week.

A weekend of drinking beer and being only near plan seems to have caught up on me more than I was expecting. I am back on plan this week and trying to be very good but a 5lb gain has really dented my weight loss mojo and I am tweaking very minor things as if they can make up for multiple pints of beer.

I now have 2 Stone 10 lbs to my very conservative target; once I get there I plan to pick another weight at the top of the Healthy BMI range for my height. Someone to bounce day to day wins and losses would be great. As would confirming understanding of EE (Until they introduce the new system in the new year).

Regards,
Ian

ian focus on what you have lost and chin up....you will get back on track soon....beer is one to avoid though if you can

Hi Ian here,

Regards,
Ian

Welcome Ian :)

well done on the loss so far,i fell off the wagon a few months ago and i have just returned. i have a alot further to go yet but i just focus on what i have done previously and that i can do it and so can you :) everyone is very helpful and supportive on here so you have come to the right place :D hope you have a great week:party0011: we will be here to cheer you on!

Aly

Hi Ian here,

Regards,
Ian

Hi Ian and welcome
I know how you feel as when I've had a gain you just feel downhearted and think why am I bothering.. Best thing to do is draw line under it and carry on you will soon loose those 5lbs. I know what you mean about beer as wine is my downfall and after being good for ages you just fancy abit of a blow out ( I, too have been on plan since August) I don't know if you have tried this already but I used to save half my points for the weekend and enjoy a whole bottle of wine. Lots of ppl do this and are fine with good losses but it doesn't suit some. Try it if you've not done this before, Its no good knocking beer on the head altogether as this is your treat and if you don't have it you'll just have loads one day and go way over yr allowance as your fed up and that's what you don't won't.. Good luck :)

What new system!!!???
The consultant in my group mentioned it at our last meeting. I believe that it will be called extra extra easy - or some such. We were not given many details but I gather than things like the food directories will no longer be 100% valid.

I guess they do it every so often in order to generate a need for new books etc. IIRC I believe that if you attend the last session before Christmas you will be supplied with a new pack - gratis. If you miss that session there will be a fee for the new pack.

I dare say that it will be variations upon a theme.

Regards,
Ian

Ok, well, hopefully a new plan doesn't change things too much. I love how easy the EE plan is and it is working for me.

Thanks elvis :)

Thanks Elvisfan, Alykins and Blanco. I knew the beer would carry a price though I was not aware of just how high a price. A months loss gone in a weekend.

Still, onward and downward. I have been on plan since the morning after the weigh in. The switch to proper cold weather seems to have happened at this down point for me so the gloomy effect is being multiplied.
:gen125:

On the plus side I walked past the chilled cheesecake cabinet in Tesco and picked up the sliced green beans. I have very little that I can go far off plan with in this flat and am not really relishing the idea of the walk to a supermarket to bury myself in Hydrogenated Fat nightmare that the nasty part of me craves. There is no back bacon in the fridge nor a loaf of Warburtons White bread in a cupboard.

I think I am ready to put aside the visible grieving over my stupidity. Thanks for reading!
:deadhorse:

Not for me a bacon sandwich with Coleman's English Mustard in the morning. Baked beans and fry light spritzed egg anybody?

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:
That's the spirit!

Back