In need of a SW buddy!

Hi guys
Weigh in this morning and have lost 3lb. I never usually loose this much so obviously red days are suiting me :) 2lb to go till I get my 2st award.. Very happy.
Have great weekend everyone xx

Well done!!!

Hi all!

Emma here! I joined SW at the end of September (and the start of my last year at university!) as a total cynic but ready to try anything to shift some pounds (again!) before graduation. I'm pleased to say my preconceptions were entirely misguided and I have become a whole-hearted SW convert! That said, I seem to have reached the point where the inner gremlins are winning out and I find myself slipping back into little naughty habits, and so I hope you guys don't mind me joining you here for some extra inspiration and motivation!

Hope you're all having a good weekend :)

Emma x

Lonely in group...Any tips? I am the youngest!

Hi,

I find that I am a bit lonely in group, I know the whole point is to help each other and we do! It's lovely when we are going through what's happened during the last week. However, I am the youngest member in group and I sit next to a lovely lady who I sometimes speak to but everyone has been there a lot longer than me and they all have their little friendship groups.

I must admit, I have anxiety and confidence issues which doesn't help. But that is why I joined group, for the love / support of others. (regardless of age, we are all there to lose weight and support each other).

Any tips?
I am up for long distance SW friend's. I don't mind using WhatsApp / Facebook...etc

Would be nice to regularly talk to someone who is doing the same as me. (Oh and not forgetting how much this forum is going to help me!!)

Nicole
xox

You are in the right place, you will get lots of friendly support. :bighug:

How are you all doing?

I've lost the plot along with my mojo......so am starting again at 13 stone.

I have brought in the food from the budget menu on site so hopefully this will kick start a good week.

be good to connect with folk./.....

Judith

One day at a time, you got this!

Hi all!

Emma here! I joined SW at the end of September (and the start of my last year at university!) as a total cynic but ready to try anything to shift some pounds (again!) before graduation. I'm pleased to say my preconceptions were entirely misguided and I have become a whole-hearted SW convert! That said, I seem to have reached the point where the inner gremlins are winning out and I find myself slipping back into little naughty habits, and so I hope you guys don't mind me joining you here for some extra inspiration and motivation!

Hope you're all having a good weekend :)

Emma x

Hi there Emma,

well done on your weight loss so far, ive just come back from slipping back into old habits and i find that focusing on how far you have come instead of how far you have to go works most days for me :) everyone on here is supportive and very friendly you have definitely come to the right place.
i hope the inner gremlins go back into hiding soon :)

have a fab week x

Aly

Hi,

I find that I am a bit lonely in group, I know the whole point is to help each other and we do! It's lovely when we are going through what's happened during the last week. However, I am the youngest member in group and I sit next to a lovely lady who I sometimes speak to but everyone has been there a lot longer than me and they all have their little friendship groups.

I must admit, I have anxiety and confidence issues which doesn't help. But that is why I joined group, for the love / support of others. (regardless of age, we are all there to lose weight and support each other).

Any tips?
I am up for long distance SW friend's. I don't mind using WhatsApp / Facebook...etc

Would be nice to regularly talk to someone who is doing the same as me. (Oh and not forgetting how much this forum is going to help me!!)

Nicole
xox

Hi Nicole,

welcome, i used to feel the same at groups and found that i had very little joy in going to them even if i had lost weight. im not saying that all of them are bad and in the new year i will try and find one that i feel comfortable and included in. We are all here for the same reason and i feel very welcomed and wanted here so you have made a good decision to join :) i hope you have a great week x

Aly

How are you all doing?

I've lost the plot along with my mojo......so am starting again at 13 stone.

I have brought in the food from the budget menu on site so hopefully this will kick start a good week.

be good to connect with folk./.....

Judith

Hi :)

im not doing too well this week but im being as good as i can be. still trying to get back on the horse but im determined to do it :) im going to make some weetabix muffins for breakfasts during the week and some SW quiche to snack on as well.. you will soon get your mojo back and get back on track hun x

Aly x

Thanks Aly! I hope they hide away again too, although if they refuse to go of their own volition I'll just have to beat them back into submission! Weetabix muffins sound interesting! Is it a simple recipe? I've had a few goes at baking SW style but with limited success thusfar. I did manage some reasonably edible almond cookies once! (And celebrated by munching far too many! :p)

Nicole, If you're looking for long distance slimming buddies, I volunteer as tribute! I'm one of the newbies in my group too and I found the same thing at first (people keeping to their friendship groups etc etc). I joined with a friend which definitely helped as I think I'd have felt a bit alienated in those first few weeks otherwise. I did find myself mingling more after a few sessions (and I'm not a natural mingler!) but it's still a bit daunting picking a seat when I stay to group alone.

JustJudith, I've had a wobbly week this week (the gremlins showed up at a meal out and all stomped all over my good intentions!) so I'm determined to do better this coming week, which is just as well given the temptation forecast! Somehow it seems every other day is a Christmas meal out or somebody's birthday at the moment. I hope you have a fab week and recover your mojo!

Emma x

Hi,

Any tips?

Nicole
xox

Hi Nicole,

:welcome:

Last week was not a great one for me, that is why I found this thread to help pull me past my recent - wobble.
:break_diet:

For not feeling connected to the image magic (I think that is what it is called) part of a meeting, I heartily recommend volunteering to become a part of the social team for your group. On the social team you get a little time with each member as they prepare to be weighed in for the week. It is really humanizing and you even get a few moments with those who opt out of group entirely.

The most enlightening role I've done on social was to actually weigh the members. It was astounding to me to observe/share that moment of finding the results for the week with one's fellow members. While I am sure we all envisage how it matters to everyone it does not fully develop how personal a triumph/tragedy each individual result is. This is not going a mile in the other person's shoes but it comes close and certainly helped me understand that I am not the only one who is on this journey.

I guess that it is a little like being a kid in primary school again. Each day is hard but you have people around you who are suffering the same course and there is power in a shared experience.

Anyways, best of luck with YOUR journey.

Kind regards,
Ian

Thanks Aly! I hope they hide away again too, although if they refuse to go of their own volition I'll just have to beat them back into submission! Weetabix muffins sound interesting! Is it a simple recipe? I've had a few goes at baking SW style but with limited success thusfar. I did manage some reasonably edible almond cookies once! (And celebrated by munching far too many! :p)

Nicole, If you're looking for long distance slimming buddies, I volunteer as tribute! I'm one of the newbies in my group too and I found the same thing at first (people keeping to their friendship groups etc etc). I joined with a friend which definitely helped as I think I'd have felt a bit alienated in those first few weeks otherwise. I did find myself mingling more after a few sessions (and I'm not a natural mingler!) but it's still a bit daunting picking a seat when I stay to group alone.

JustJudith, I've had a wobbly week this week (the gremlins showed up at a meal out and all stomped all over my good intentions!) so I'm determined to do better this coming week, which is just as well given the temptation forecast! Somehow it seems every other day is a Christmas meal out or somebody's birthday at the moment. I hope you have a fab week and recover your mojo!

Emma x

the weetabix muffins uses your healthy B.. you need 2 weetabix, 6tsp granulated sweetene,r 1 egg and half a muller light from the recipe that i found. mix the ingredients with the crushed weetabix and bake in an oven on 180 foe 25 mins.. ive not tried it yet but am going to balke some now.. will let you know how it goes :)

Hey guys,

had weigh in this morning and im not a very happy bunny, ive put on 1.3lb :( ill be more prepared this week though with my SW quiches and the weetabix muffins :).

wish me luck

Aly xx

Hi Aly
Wishing you lots of luck. Like you say your more prepared this week, if I don't have all the right food in the house I go anyhow too.. Xx

Just had msg from SW online saying they've got some exciting news for us soon that they can't wait to share.. Watch this space :) x

Back