In need of a SW buddy!

Is anyone else struggling this week?? Sure it's cos Xmas is next week and the naughty devil on my shoulder is saying just forget the plan this week as next week is Xmas.. I'm really feeling weak quite surprised thought I'd at least b ok till wkend!! Xx

Sending some positive mojo your way! I'm finding it really difficult too! I thought I'd be OK this week and was prepared for things to get hard next week but I seem to have slipped into a premature 'who cares, it's Christmas!' mentality -scowls-. And I had such good intentions as well! On a positive note, I've now put the Nutella back in the cupboard and dutifully totted up my syns (-sobs-). Hopefully that'll remind me to behave myself for the rest of the week!

I think we all have days when we want to throw the plan out of the window, especially this time of year, but just think of how easy it would be to say 'Screw the plan, I'll just start again in the new year' and then give yourself a well deserved pat on the back for persevering and not giving in to the gremlins! You rock! xx

Sending some positive mojo your way! I'm finding it really difficult too! I thought I'd be OK this week and was prepared for things to get hard next week but I seem to have slipped into a premature 'who cares, it's Christmas!' mentality -scowls-. And I had such good intentions as well! On a positive note, I've now put the Nutella back in the cupboard and dutifully totted up my syns (-sobs-). Hopefully that'll remind me to behave myself for the rest of the week!

I think we all have days when we want to throw the plan out of the window, especially this time of year, but just think of how easy it would be to say 'Screw the plan, I'll just start again in the new year' and then give yourself a well deserved pat on the back for persevering and not giving in to the gremlins! You rock! xx

Thanks hun what you described is me to a T lol.. Like you, thought id be ok this week and not bat an eyelid, but not the case, still trying to be good though.. Good girl for putting Nutella away :) you rock too!!
Keep posting on here please and I will too, hope everyone don't go quiet over Xmas as you guys keep me sane xxx

I will! I hope you're doing better than me in the quest to be good! I had a very bad day yesterday :sign0007: (Christmas is so very bad for diets!) and I only have 2 days to minimise the damage before my next group but I did really enjoy myself, which must count for something! Salmon and veg for tea tonight and nothing in the house that I can sabotage myself with that isn't safely gift-wrapped and stashed out of sight. :cross:

I will! I hope you're doing better than me in the quest to be good! I had a very bad day yesterday :sign0007: (Christmas is so very bad for diets!) and I only have 2 days to minimise the damage before my next group but I did really enjoy myself, which must count for something! Salmon and veg for tea tonight and nothing in the house that I can sabotage myself with that isn't safely gift-wrapped and stashed out of sight. :cross:
Hi hun
I've been terrible so your not alone :) lol.. Should have weighed myself this morning but I bottled it, figured that I would have put on for sure and that would have just made me cross with myself so I'm leaving it now till new year. I know I'll put on but I've already decided to have a break and face the music, I'll just get back on the Wagon afterwards... I was really hoping to be good until 23rd but it's been too difficult, but hey it's only a few days more so I'll be ok. Your dinner sounds lush I love salmon with Cajun spices on top before you cook it, yummy!! Don't worry bout yesterday like you say it's bad time of year and you will be fine :) if your being good next few days, well done you. Let me know :) xxx

Hey lovelies been awol for a while I tend to forget about this forum every now and then!

Well up and down few weeks. Didn't make my target for our holiday and arrived home from a glorious 7days in Tenerife yesterday (my it's cold here!!) I went and weighed this morning and gained 6.5lb. I planned three days on plan ready for a Tuesday weigh and Christmas but we've got a huge amount of social stuff on so fell today and then hubby bought fancy cheeses eeek! Gonna see what happens and find the boat again after Xmas x

Oh this time of year is so challenging isn't it! Please move the chocolates away from me - far, far away! The front room isn't far enough I keep finding them! I have eaten all the celebrations I really like so need to be strong and not move on to my next best ones - are they really worth 2.5 syns each? sometimes.

My weigh in today so must stay strong!

Wishing you all a fab Christmas.. I'm full of a cold so going to be great fun.. Hate being ill more so at Christmas.. XX

Wishing you all a fab Christmas.. I'm full of a cold so going to be great fun.. Hate being ill more so at Christmas.. XX
Hope your feeling better very soon Sookie we've all had colds and it's crappy when you can't breathe or taste properly, big hugs. Xx

Merry Xmas to all you lovely guys hope you have a fab time.. All I want for Xmas is to eat like a pig and not gain any weight, that would be amazing :) not likely tho eh... Enjoy everyone xxx

Its going pretty well but there are still TOO MANY temptations at every turn! Still trying to keep a food diary, more or less

Hi guys hope you are all well and had a happy Christmas. I've been bad bad bad, but enjoyed every bit of it. It's now time to decide when to get back on plan. Do I wait till after new year or do it before ? It's a case of I know I should do it before but probably won't!! Oh well I'll have to see how I go. There are lots of folk on the "changes to plans" thread , seems SW have upset some with their changes and some are happy with it. I do SW online but don't think I'll get new books sent out to me so
I'm gonna ring them first thing tomorrow and ask to buy them. I
Know it will be online but can't beat having a book in front of you.
Bye for now xx

Evening all,

Sorry I've been awol! Christmas seems to have taken over everything last week and then I've ended up with a stomach bug from boxing day onwards. Last week was a Christmas miracle, -3lb! This week, however, the good will of the season abandoned me and I clocked up a pretty impressive gain of 5.5lb (my first gain with SW as well! *sniff*) in my two days then three days then all week Christmas foodfest:booboo:. I was expecting and deserving of a gain for sure but I had hoped it would be in the region of a few pounds, not near enough half a stone! Oh well, now all the badness is out of my system (and out of my flat!) here's to a good week with the updated plan (gasp!).

I'm missing group next week, not because I intend to be naughty over New Year or do anything nice, but because it's a hassle for me to get to my group before my next uni term starts, so I'm hoping if I'm very good that I can reverse the Christmas damage over the next 2 weeks, and if I can get -6lb when I next weigh in I'll also get my 2st award and my club 10, so there's my motivation. Wish me luck!

Good luck to everyone with impending post-xmas weigh ins and I hope you guys all have a great New Years!

Emma x

Hi guys! I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I've signed up again online and I am looking forward to the new year!

Would love some new SW buddies to help me with the new plan as well!

Hiya, welcome welcome
You will find loads of lovely people on here to chat to and loads of support :) good luck with your SW journey.
I've been off plan since week before Xmas and weighed yrself yesterday, put on 5lbs ooops.. Still sat here eating and drinking wine!! Will be back on wagon 2nd January for sure just hope I can shift it quite quickly as Defo feel heavier than normal lol. X

Hello Mrs Hopeful

I haven't been a member long, and just realised that I don't yet have the option of private messaging. Not sure if you can message me or not to swap emails?!!
Sorry I'm a bit stuck! Would have liked a buddy in place before my start date of 2nd Jan.

Have you just started SW?
Jo

Back