In need of a SW buddy!

Week 1 for me and I've realized this weekend I've got Games night with two other couples at their house which changed from Games and Dinner to drinking and takeaway tonight (?!) and tomorrow is date night meaning cinema and eating out!!! Can't see this being the best week 1 when I decided to have Sunday Weigh-In

Takeaway I'm thinking Chicken Dhansak and Boiled Rice if they decide Indian or Sweet and Sour Chicken and Boiled Rice if they opt for Chinese and for date night being on a Sunday I'm thinking Carvery, skip the yorkie skimp on the gravy and pile up the veg. Seems safest bet right? If they decide on Dominoes I'm screwed.. Haha... :wave_cry:

Hiya
Just looking in my SW book at the eating out section for you. Dhansak is 10.5 syns per serving which is well within your daily syn allowance and like you say have boiled rice. Sweet and sour is High in syns anything from 27 to 30.5 depending do you like black bean sauce? Beef or chicken in black bean sauce is only 7.5 or chicken with mushroom is 9.5
As you say carvery is great you can leave Yorkies etc well alone.
Have lovely time and sure you'll still enjoy the food..
Xx

27+?? All the posts I'd seen with a syn value that high were for chicken in batter with s&s sauce, but regular sweet&sour chicken with all the extra veg (and a limited amount of the sauce) posts pointed to 8.5.. Too late now! And my weigh in today saw a 2.75lb loss so I'm okay with it :)

Today however Carvery seems to have changed to Frankie and Benny's (?!) so scoured the forum for syn vals and opted for the surprisingly low syn cajun chicken calzone and mixed veg, potentially sharing a bowl of fries so wouldn't get more than half a bowl at worst ;) Putting todays syns 2 over my target at like 17.. Not a great start to the week and I'm packing up plentya fruit for the cinema after. Weekends are diet killers :/

27+?? All the posts I'd seen with a syn value that high were for chicken in batter with s&s sauce, but regular sweet&sour chicken with all the extra veg (and a limited amount of the sauce) posts pointed to 8.5.. Too late now! And my weigh in today saw a 2.75lb loss so I'm okay with it :)

Today however Carvery seems to have changed to Frankie and Benny's (?!) so scoured the forum for syn vals and opted for the surprisingly low syn cajun chicken calzone and mixed veg, potentially sharing a bowl of fries so wouldn't get more than half a bowl at worst ;) Putting todays syns 2 over my target at like 17.. Not a great start to the week and I'm packing up plentya fruit for the cinema after. Weekends are diet killers :/

I'm looking at my book again ( it is the newest one) eating out section states sweet and sour chicken 27 syns and sweet and sour chicken in batter 30.5 syns that's why I originally put depending thought it was obvious that 27 syn one was without batter..

:faint2: Ouch! More than tripled syn count in the space of a year...

From what I gather the 2015 book seems to have upped all takeaway syn values, since introducing their readymeals?
I've been working off old values from online (doing SW for first time from home with no membership).. but eesh.

I know its hard, I was disappointed that my maltesers snack bag had sneaked up by 0.5 syns, not much I guess but it can all add up and my consultant said yes lots of chocolates have increased!

I know its hard, I was disappointed that my maltesers snack bag had sneaked up by 0.5 syns, not much I guess but it can all add up and my consultant said yes lots of chocolates have increased!

Seems many things have increased which is a bummer. Have been off plan all weekend really need kick up the a@?e

Hey :) I've just joined today and am doing it on my own I have 2 young children one at school and one baby at home I am back to work in 2 months and my uniform no where near fits I would love to meet some friends I can share receipes with and syn values etc :) I have about 5 stone to loose xx

Hi all!

Im struggling at the moment and hoping having someone to speak to and to build a friendship with (text/whatsapp possibly) will help me get to my goal. Ive lost 2st 4lbs since October and Im up and down more than a yoyo! I still have 5st 4.5lbs to target and it seems like such a long way off. My husband is trying to follow SW but he doesnt have much will power so trying to get him to understand how hard I am finding things is impossible!
Im 27, and a stay at home mum with two children which is difficult as im never far from the biscuit tin! So if anybody doesnt think im a saddo (haha) and wants a buddy let me know xx

Im in!! I be a buddy I sure could do with one lol

Great to meet you Lindz89 and tinkabelle80, we are all in this together! I didn't keep a food diary last week and didn't lost this week and actually rebelled (so my daughter said - she's 13) but am keeping it now, it really can make a difference to my eating and weight loss, I recommend it to you both. hugs :girlpower::grouphugg:

I've STS for 3 weeks now and it is driving me mad, have stuck to plan and within my syns AND have been keeping a food diary. Could do with some motivation and a buddy to help me, my friends and family think I've gone a bit obsessive with the whole thing lol :whistle:

I'd love a buddy - need a kick up the butt from time to time :)

I get bored easily that's when I de-rail and eat everything in sight haha

Oops pressed wrong button!!
Welcome newbies
Can relate to all of the above I have stayed the same and have gone off the rails too and found it really hard to get back on track. We can all be buddies and help one another that's the great thing about posting on here as we are all in same boat and wanting same thing..
Come on girls we can do it

Yeah, I circle the kitchen like a vulture and before you know it, it's bye bye food :/

Yeah, I circle the kitchen like a vulture and before you know it, it's bye bye food :/

Ditto!! I too get bored of it after a while seem to do so well then I just go off rails and so hard to get back on plan properly.. We will help each other lol xx

Ditto!! I too get bored of it after a while seem to do so well then I just go off rails and so hard to get back on plan properly.. We will help each other lol xx

It's so nice to know that it's not just me who does this lol! We shall have to share and boost each others willpower! xx

I seen a post about a syn tin for treats, you write the sun value on each of the items in it, think I'm going to try that.

My fridge is like a homing beacon, must stay away! Haha
Xxx

I do that, really helps and the Monica Gellar in me loves how organised it is

Don't go towards the light lol! xx

Back