In need of distraction -help me pleeze1

letmeout

Silver Member
I have head hunger. I can't be really hungry as I only had my healthy, nutritious, super free food heavylunch 40 minutes ago. I am trying to get back on track having been on a choc, biscuit and cake fest since my birthday last week.
So, I'm full of tea, coffee, water, NSA squash, fruit, veggies and protein rich foods.
But All I can think about is the jar of Nutella in the cupboard. And the rich tea biscuits that would go with it so well.
I need distraction !
Distract me please
xx

Have a bath/shower? Read a book? Phone a friend you haven't spoken to in a while! Or do what I did all afternoon yesterday and read
Blogs online! Lol! Seriously, I found one about a women who made a different recipe in her slow cooker every day for a year and posted them all! I now have a list of links that I'm going to print and create my own recipe book from. That took away hours!! (If you're interested search 365 crockpot!) or search Pinterest for inspiration/motivation. Days could pass...

Stay string hun, it really is in the mind! You can power through this! Xx

I am going to so the recipie book idea :)

I find I need to distract myself sometimes. The worst time is watching a film for me, something triggers saying I need choc crisps and lucozade :/ I tend to eat my tea through a film now so I am occupied xxx

I hate those moments, I had a few this past week. What did I do? I stuffed myself with some cherry tomatoes! What I used to do is brush my teeth, there is nothing worse then getting your teeth dirty again with food or food tasting like toothpaste.

You could also do something crazy like............15 sit ups and while doing them tell yourself that you're hungry for exercise! Like I said, crazy idea!

Good distraction ideas. I need ones that don't involve food though lol ! The more I think about it the more I want it. LB- I'm gonna try doing step ups on the stairs (can't do sit up too well atm -sore back !)

Lol I like the 'hungry for exercise' bit!

I get a kick out of organising things so my recipe book project will always keep me occupied! First to find the recipes, then to work out Syns etc, then to adapt if needed, then to test tgem to decide if they're good enough, then to style them up (I'm a graphic designer do this may take a while lol!) and finally to sort them into relevant categories and cross reference with complimentary sides and occasions.

Yup. I'm that sad!

If I finally get to a standard I'm happy with I may publish it online as a reference tool or blog but that's a way off yet!

Honestly, it's a project that keeps on going and will always be there to ignore or work on as you choose! X

Lol I like the 'hungry for exercise' bit!

I get a kick out of organising things so my recipe book project will always keep me occupied! First to find the recipes, then to work out Syns etc, then to adapt if needed, then to test tgem to decide if they're good enough, then to style them up (I'm a graphic designer do this may take a while lol!) and finally to sort them into relevant categories and cross reference with complimentary sides and occasions.

Yup. I'm that sad!

Me too! My hubby is starting to feel neglected but I'm having so much fun, oh dear!

Pamper...bubble bath? Paint your nails? Face mask? :) or play game? Do you have a wii?
Failing that chuck them out (a waste though I know) x

Oooooh bubble bath :) xx

Pamper...bubble bath? Paint your nails? Face mask? :) or play game? Do you have a wii?
Failing that chuck them out (a waste though I know) x

No wqii- but lots of bubble bath. Am going to have a long soak and read a mag after vtea
xx

I find reading helps my hubby bought me a kindle for xmas this keeps me occupied at the dreaded evening snack time xxx

Back