In need of Green day dinner ideas for whole family x

Hi i really struggle in the evening to feed all the family and as im doing slimming world it can get really annoying cooking 2 dinners. If anyone has any really good recipes for green days what me n my kiddies will love id appreciate some help. Thank u xxx

Baked bean lasagne a good one recipe on here mix laughing cow or philly light into it, its lovely my kids love it my children range from 11 months to 14. my hubby likes it as well

Last edited:
Egg, SW chips and baked beans

Paella using a little chicken as HEB or just veggies

Baked potatoes with pork fillet medallions (HEB) and boiled or roast vegetables

Baked potatoes with cheese, beans and/or SW coleslaw

to name just a few...

Baked Bean Lasagne

Ingredients......
1 large onion
100g mushrooms
... 1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 tins of baked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
lasagne sheets
Mixed herbs
lea & perrins/Worcester sauce
hot pepper sauce (add if desired)
Hot chilli powder ( a teaspoon to give it a fiery taste)
Some cheese to top the lasagne (Use as healthy Extra)
Method:
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200 degrees)
Cut up the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms into fine pieces. Spray frying pan with frylight and add them all to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes until golden brown.
Add the baked beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, chilli powder and hot pepper sauce as desired and cook for a few more minutes.
Build the lasagne layers in a casserole dish, alternating bean/tomato mixture with lasagne sheets.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for
30-35 minutes.
Uncover and add cheese to the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.

Serve with slimming world chips & salad & enjoy!
This lasagne can also be made without the red pepper, herbs and spices if you prefer it to not be spicy. It is great also mixed with laughing cow cheese if you want a creamy baked bean lasagne.
This is a great family meal

Have you tried using quorn mince - I use it on green days to make spaghetti bolognaise, shepherds pie, lasagne
The thing with quorn is - Just make it the day before, because the longer it stands the better it tastes x

If you have an asda local, they sell meat free meatballs, which are 3 syns for the whole bag and very tasty! I serve mine with spaghetti and home made pizza-flavour sauce, which I make using a fried, chopped onion, passata and a beef and an italian oxo cube. Usually I also top it with my HeXA allowance of cheese - mmm!

There's also a banger and bean casserole recipe floating around on here somewhere which uses quorn sausages so would be very low on green.

Or possibly a very mild 5-bean chilli?

Back