In need of inspiration

Starryeyedsuprise

Hey lovelies I used to weigh 10st 4lbs and I was a size 10.....it was the closest that I had ever been to accepting myself. Then I tried to quit smoking and put on over 2stone in less than a year and a half. Needless to stay I started smoking again (stupid I know) but and combined with stress, moving to a new area and working ridiculous amount of hours I am now down to 11st3lbs (today's weight). I'm trying to follow slimming world as much as possible but I get so swayed by quick and cheap food. I haven't felt good about myself for ages, it's affecting my relationship and confidence really bad. I feel a bit lost getting back on to the road to actually start liking myself again :-(

Hi Starry, It can take a while, adjusting to a new lifestyle. Giving yourself some time to plan a few days ahead, can really make a difference to understanding the plan and making it fit in with your life and work. Feeling better about myself, took months, but then I'd had low self esteem and no confidence for years and years. Have a good read of your books and magazine, and work out all your favourites meals for a few days. Get the shopping in, and just give it your best xx

Thanks little miss slim xx I'm feeling a bit more spurred on today! I'm going to go to the gym today and Mae sure that I don't leave until I'm sweating like a beast lol xx

The thing that has helped me the most is making a food plan of the meals I am going to eat that week. I sometimes find lunches difficult but make it work with leftovers, salad or spaghetti hoops.

Oooh that would be easier to plan out my meals. At the moment I just go and get my dinner from stains buys everyday which is annoying. I am so skint at the moment but I get paid on the 19th so I might make a meal plan and then do a huge online shop for ll the ingredients (what's the point of struggling with all them bags when I can stay nice and warm on the sofa lol). I'm feeling a bit more positive today I'm just hoping my wight is down on my weigh in on Sunday otherwise I know I'm going to be down if it sts or goes up. Btw I've been eating muesli for breakfast for ages.....only just blooming noticed how bad it is!!! And I thought I was being healthy ey? Does anyone know of any low syn cereals? Xx

Are you in a group or doing this from home? Because being in a group can make a huge difference to sticking with it. You will also have all the latest info in your pack. There is a special offer out in next weeks woman and you can join for £4.95. Cereals are healthy extras; you can have 2 Weetabix or 35g jordans no added sugar muesli; if you top it up with loads of fruit, it's really filling. Your best bet is to do all your shopping yourself as it's a real learning curve as to how much you can have.

I used to be in a group but I've moved to a new area and I'm so poor because rent is so expensive here :-( so. Doing it fom one because I've still to all my books in lauding the syn free cook book which I'm Gunna use t make m weekly meal plan with xx

I always have a muller light yoghurt for breakfast in the morning which is free. I only do it from home there are some brilliant cookbooks out there and you can usually adapt most recipes to make them almost slimming world friendly! Have you looked in the recipies section on here? I also shop online and find that I am not as tempted to buy 'bad' stuff this way!

Back