Indian Restaurant...help!

Hi, i've been doing SW now for 5 weeks and my fiance has been so good to me and not complained about the change of diet, that for valentines i am taking him to our favourite indian restaurant that we used to eat in at least once a week before.
I have no idea of what would be the best thing to order or whether to follow an original/green day. I'm really stuck and i know i should probably not go but he's so looking forward to it now i feel as if i can't back out.
Please help... :cry: jo

i think a chicken dhansak is best with boiled rice of course....but thats only what ive heard.....i think a single popadom is something like 4!!! arrrgggh, i eat them without even thinking about it!! and mango chutney!! damn i miss my indian!!!!

OMG of all the takeaways you could have chosen you had to choose INDIAN!!!!!!, I don't know what you could choose as most Indian dishes are overloaded with fat, although I am not a lover of Indian food (thank god!) so perhaps someone else may come along with some ideas.

Perhaps you should maybe just look at this one meal as a special treat for valentines and for doing so well and then just carry on with the plan around it?

Thanx for replies...
Poppadom = 4 :wave_cry: goodbye my friends... ...
I know it was a bad choice, but of all the food my OH craved, this was the one he wanted.... i want to cry:cry:
Do you think i could get away with ordering just rice and chicken with sweet chilli sauce? i know they used to do it for the buffet? Does anyone know how many approx syns would be in sweet chilli sauce?

I saw something on here the other day that sweet chilli sauce is quite high in syns hun, not sure how many though

Just a thought but why don't you do your own Indian slimming world style? there are loads of recipes on the website, less damage that way!

right if u r on red - chick dhansak is 6.5 for a 350g, 18.5 on green....
chicken tandori is 9 on red 21(!!!) on green.
sweet chilli sauce is 1.5 for level tbsp BUT im not sure if thats the same for restaurant sauce!!!!

I know this sounds daft, but i want to dress up and go out... i've lost just over a stone and feel like i want to show him that the last five weeks have been worth it. He's a skinny guy but has stuck with me and to not go now... idon't know...it would just feel cruel...how silly am i?
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

you could go for chicken tikka,it should have not fat as it is covered in yogurt and baked, ask the chef for boiled rice and a veggie side dish in a curry tomato based sauce no oil ,sure they will be happy to oblidge.enjoy yourself,you deserve it.

Jo i totally understand where you are coming from, you have been doing the plan for 5 weeks and everyone is allowed a treat now and again! otherwise you would go mad!!
Dress up and make an effort and you will feel great and special.
Plan what u are going to have before you get there so you dont get tempted, be good through the day and save your syns for the meal...then cause you look so sexy think of all the "exercise" you will have when you get home to work it all off!! ;-)
ENJOY!! :)

meant to say ,have the chicken tikka starter as a main meal with the rice,it doesnt come with the sauce so has to be less syns

Thank you so much for all the information... i think i am going to speak to OH later on and ask if we can change restaurants. I really did not understand just what went into an indian meal.... i guess thats how i got to where i am...
:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Will let you know what happens

Thanks guys xxx

Relax!! This is one meal out of five weeks worth. You deserve it. Make it a flexi syn day, have what you want in moderation - if you find something that is lower is syns and you're going to be happy eating it and not feel deprived then have it. I'd stay away from the popadoms and the naan bread, maybe swap chips for rice.

But to be honest, I'd just go and have a nice time. I know you're only 5 weeks in but are you going to deprive yourself of meals out forever? I know I'm not. I love indians and I plan to continue to have them. Just not every week! But when I do, I plan to relax and enjoy them as they'll be a rarity and seeing as I'm (and I'm sure you are) sticking to plan the rest of the time, the odd over the top meal once in a blue moon isn't going to do too much damage.
xxx

Relax!! This is one meal out of five weeks worth. You deserve it. Make it a flexi syn day, have what you want in moderation - if you find something that is lower is syns and you're going to be happy eating it and not feel deprived then have it. I'd stay away from the popadoms and the naan bread, maybe swap chips for rice.

But to be honest, I'd just go and have a nice time. I know you're only 5 weeks in but are you going to deprive yourself of meals out forever? I know I'm not. I love indians and I plan to continue to have them. Just not every week! But when I do, I plan to relax and enjoy them as they'll be a rarity and seeing as I'm (and I'm sure you are) sticking to plan the rest of the time, the odd over the top meal once in a blue moon isn't going to do too much damage.
xxx

here here fea!!!

Reactions: Fea
My OH has just agreed with you both... he says that after all the hard work this will be a small blip but to enjoy it.
i guess i'll just have to be very very careful... we've agreed to just have a main meal so that makes it alot easier... plain rice is gonna be easy so i guess it's just what goes with it.
Do you know of any veggie dishes that would be low on syns?

I would love to eat a Makhani chicken which is in a creamy ginger and chilli sauce made with tomatoes yogurt butter and cream... OUCH!:8855:

i agree with fea enjoy its one meal,eat what you like eating :)

Back