Indian

dani34

I am going out for my brothers birthday in the week is there any thing you can eat at an Indian restaurant as a ssplus meal ? X

Hi,

There was a similar post the other day, think chicken tandoori starter was said to be ok.

mrsf

Chicken tikka is just chicken done in spices, it usually comes with a sauce and rice on the side which you would skip!

I had a chicken tikka main with salad and mint sauce and remained in ketosis. It was a bit more than an SS+ portion but I lost weight that week.

would mushroom bahji be ok? im guessing its just the fat content that might be an issue but i cant think of any carbs that might be present in it?

Thank you everyone I will look forward to being able to eat something was thinking there was nothing I could have x

When I was coming off Cambridge before, I would ask for a tandoori chicken starter to be brought to me as my main. Just been looking at the stats, and if I'd asked for Chicken Tikka without any sauces, I might have done better (but then, tandoori never comes with sauce, whereas Tikka sometimes the put it on instead of giving it separately)

Here's a comparison:

Oriental Chilli Cambridge Soup:

Calories 154
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbs 14 g
Protein 15 g

Chicken Tikka, Breast Pieces, (Sainsbury's)

Calories in 100g of chicken tikka
Calories 148.0kcal
Carbohydrate 2.1g
Protein 27.8g
Fat 3.1g
Fibre 1.1g
Calories in a (150g) serving of chicken tikka: 222kcal

Naan Bread

Calories in 100g of naan bread

Calories 336.0kcal
Carbohydrate 50.1g
Protein 8.9g
Fat 12.5g
Calories in ½ piece of naan bread: 269kcal

Onion Bhaji, Indian Starter Selection, (Marks & Spencer)

Calories in 100g of onion bhaji
Calories 295.0kcal
Carbohydrate 15.8g
Protein 5.7g
Fat 23.3g

Tandoori Chicken

Amount Per Serving
Calories 260
Total Fat 13.0g
Total Carbohydrates 5.0g
Protein 30.5g

whatever you end up doing, enjoy! Have a lovely evening, and let us know how you got on :)

x

hi! i posted a similar thread the other day, i ended up having chicken tikka (dry) and a little bit of mint sauce. lovely treat and low in carbs so you should be fine! anything dry (usually a grilled specialty should be fine) if in doubt or how its cooked and if it comes in a sauce ask the waiters!

Someone once suggested a mixed grill - the meat products only - with a bit of salad.

Back