Induction veg

Kat1e

This is for life
Ok so I've seen a few people worrying about carbs and veggies and quantities and cups, so though i would throw my hat in the ring:

If you eat more induction veg, you will still lose weight :gasp:
Ok - it's important to cut out potatoes and tomatoes with added sugar will be a problem...
But you know what- an extra "cup" or 4:eek: of lovely green veggies like spinach will help you lose weight faster:)

So sticking with induction veg (because this is not really about sensitivities and carbs) dont worry about weighing, cups or MFP - in 2 & 3/4 years i have NEVER seen anyone stall due to veggies...

Feel free to prove me wrong - but only when you have cut out everything else:). Go clean and green (protein and veg) works every time
Keep going, low carb is fab
Xx

I'm so glad I saw this! It's one of the main things I've been worried about. I've never been worried about how many veggies I eat before, but obviously when you count carbs rather than calories, it's a whole different ball game! I eat spinach with my breakfast, lettuce, cucumber, a few cherry tomatoes (4-5) and olives (5-8 - though technically a fruit!) with my lunch, and plenty of broccoli, cauliflower & green beans with my dinner. I'm sure I eat around 30-35g carbs which is well above the induction-suggested 20g, but I find it quite difficult - not to mention expensive - to eat enough meat to fill me up, which is why I eat plenty of veggies with it. I figure that if the amount of veggies I'm eating stalls my weight loss, I can always cut back, but until that happens - if it ever does! - I'd rather keep on eating plenty of fresh & frozen veggies because they're delicious as well as healthy.

To be honest I do stall if I eat too much veg.

When I did Atkins last time I was pretty much clean and green all the time but I found if I ate too much veg I stalled or gained weight. As soon as I limited it, the weight dropped off. I do still eat veg but try to eat it only at tea time.

we are all different though x

It's definitely something I'll keep an eye on, but if I can lose weight and eat plenty of veggies, great. If I don't see the weight loss I'd like, I can always cut back.

I think it is quite unusual to be stalled by veg - it's just one of my strange quirks lol.

we are all very different in what stalls us - for example I have found I can eat quite a lot of cheese and cream without it affecting my loss but it stalls some people quite badly. Sometimes it can be a case of trial and error to see what you can and can't tolerate x

I stall when I eat more vegetables than meat/eggs too! I'm so jealous that you don't! I think given that I have PCOS my body is just crap with insulin levels so I've figured out that I have to keep my carbs/protein count relatively low some days.

i lurrrve me some spinach tho!!

Back