information about tetras

Jessica Rabbit72

Gold Member
Hi everyone -
just wondered how long after a sell by date a tetra would be ?

I have got 20 strawberry tetras which run out on the 21st may and 14 banana that run out tomorrow and as much as I like them I cant down 14 today.:eek::8855:

I unfortunately bought in bulk a few months ago and have failed miserably of getting back on the wagon:break_diet: so have all this stock that needs drinking.

I have all intentions of starting tomorrow (again!) but even if I have 4 a day some are going to be about up to a week out of date - does anyone know if I can get away with it or will they make me poorly :jelous: if they are even a day over the best before day ?

TIA
xxx

OUT OF DATE STOCK
On a previous post I mentioned my concerns of the skimmed milk becoming rancid in the packs. It is the fat that becomes rancid not the skimmed milk. The discussion I had on this was over 3 years ago and for once my memory let me down.

I have just had a discussion with the head of production and clarified the issue.

Official Guidance - what happens after best before date

Powders

The vitamins and minerals start to deteriorate.
The flavour changes and will start to taste stale.
The fats, essential fats are added, sunflower oil is added, and the soya flour contains fat these are the elements that become rancid.

Tetras

These become thick and all of the above apply.

Bars

Bars harden and as they have the fats added the rancid problem again arises along with the reduction in vitamins and minerals.

So advice from CD Head Office use the packs before the best before date

Hi Tia,

The post above is by Linda about out of date stock, hope that helps.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-faq-general-information/26528-out-date-stock.html

thanks for that it helps alot and lets hope that they last for just a week and that starts me off on the right track and I can get some more 'in date' stock and get rid of this weight once and for all!!! Have just drunk one and it tasted fine so fingers crossed
xxx
xxx

maybe you could freeze them or something.

I was just going to say, how about trying to freeze them and have them as ice cream.

I know they don't advise it, but you don't really have much to lose by try it, and it seems a shame to waste them.

Back