Inspiration - please help

juju_doll

juju_doll
Hi folks. I'm feeling utterly rotten about myself. Currently nearly 20 stone, 34 and having done every diet under the sun have just about given up. I've dabbled with Slimming World in the past but never seriously set my mind to it. So I'm asking for your help, tell me all the fabulous things about slimming world and your inspiring successes. I am desperate for some inspiration xx

Hi there,

I really do believe that slimming world is the best weight loss plan around. You do have to be prepared to change your eating habits for life but you will feel so much better for it.

I've just had my 3rd weigh in lastnight and got my 1 stone award. Lost 1st 1.5lbs in 3 weeks.

You can do this and we are all here to support you.

Good luck

I've been doing SW for,so long now it is part of my life. For inspiration just mooch around the diaries and check out the fab weight losses ;)

I started at 22st 4 and i have lost a stone in less than 4 weeks.. and i feel great. I am not hungry, i am cooking amazing meals for me and my hubby too... slimming world is literally about changing your life style but also having a little treat here and there...
No one can force you to do it though hun you need to be in the right frame of mind and committed to it otherwise you will never stick to it :)
x

im 12lbs lighter in 3 weeks.

it does work.

but you have to be in control of it. write everything down, read read read and read the books again again. become really familiar with what you need to do. read mags, read the forum, just stay in touch with it. it will fall into place quicker than you think.

xx

I first did SW in 2011 at 19st 1lb. Like you I was 34. I'm also a similar height at 5' 4". I had tried Weight Watchers, Atkins, Cabbage Soup diet (yuk!) and various "starve yourself for 2 weeks and lose a stone" extremism, and failed at all of them. I too felt absolutely awful about myself, I had completely let myself go. I pretended I didn't care, but deep down I was crying.

I joined classes and lost 5 stone in 8 months. SW really is brilliant, because you really can eat everything you love. It's about changing the way you eat them, and eating some things in moderation. I don't think of it as a diet, I think of it as a healthy lifestyle change.

Don't think of it as a quick fix, it isn't. This isn't Lighter Life, you won't have to drink milkshakes, stick to stupidly strict rules and lose 5 stone in 3 months. You have to think of SW as a re-education, a long term change to the way you eat, so you can adopt good eating habits and be healthy for the rest of your life. And that's the really great thing about SW. It helps you have a life! You can go out. Drink. Eat Curry, or Chinese, or chips. And still lose weight and go on to maintain your target weight healthily.

With 4 stone to go until my target weight of 10 stone, sadly in late 2011 my life fell apart and I went through a divorce, so I stopped SW, but those good healthy eating habits stayed with me and although I did regain 1st 12lbs I am quite proud that I didn't just put the whole lot back on again and I know that the healthy eating 'education' slimming world gave me helped tremendously with that.

So now I'm back on the plan, first to lose that 1st 12lbs again, and then to tackle that other 4 stone!

Take a look at the inspirational photos thread, they always help me when I'm struggling. They did it, and we can too :)

I first did SW in 2011 at 19st 1lb. Like you I was 34. I'm also a similar height at 5' 4". I had tried Weight Watchers, Atkins, Cabbage Soup diet (yuk!) and various "starve yourself for 2 weeks and lose a stone" extremism, and failed at all of them. I too felt absolutely awful about myself, I had completely let myself go. I pretended I didn't care, but deep down I was crying.

I joined classes and lost 5 stone in 8 months. SW really is brilliant, because you really can eat everything you love. It's about changing the way you eat them, and eating some things in moderation. I don't think of it as a diet, I think of it as a healthy lifestyle change.

Don't think of it as a quick fix, it isn't. This isn't Lighter Life, you won't have to drink milkshakes, stick to stupidly strict rules and lose 5 stone in 3 months. You have to think of SW as a re-education, a long term change to the way you eat, so you can adopt good eating habits and be healthy for the rest of your life. And that's the really great thing about SW. It helps you have a life! You can go out. Drink. Eat Curry, or Chinese, or chips. And still lose weight and go on to maintain your target weight healthily.

With 4 stone to go until my target weight of 10 stone, sadly in late 2011 my life fell apart and I went through a divorce, so I stopped SW, but those good healthy eating habits stayed with me and although I did regain 1st 12lbs I am quite proud that I didn't just put the whole lot back on again and I know that the healthy eating 'education' slimming world gave me helped tremendously with that.

So now I'm back on the plan, first to lose that 1st 12lbs again, and then to tackle that other 4 stone!

Take a look at the inspirational photos thread, they always help me when I'm struggling. They did it, and we can too :)

:clap:

I first did SW in 2011 at 19st 1lb. Like you I was 34. I'm also a similar height at 5' 4". I had tried Weight Watchers, Atkins, Cabbage Soup diet (yuk!) and various "starve yourself for 2 weeks and lose a stone" extremism, and failed at all of them. I too felt absolutely awful about myself, I had completely let myself go. I pretended I didn't care, but deep down I was crying. I joined classes and lost 5 stone in 8 months. SW really is brilliant, because you really can eat everything you love. It's about changing the way you eat them, and eating some things in moderation. I don't think of it as a diet, I think of it as a healthy lifestyle change. Don't think of it as a quick fix, it isn't. This isn't Lighter Life, you won't have to drink milkshakes, stick to stupidly strict rules and lose 5 stone in 3 months. You have to think of SW as a re-education, a long term change to the way you eat, so you can adopt good eating habits and be healthy for the rest of your life. And that's the really great thing about SW. It helps you have a life! You can go out. Drink. Eat Curry, or Chinese, or chips. And still lose weight and go on to maintain your target weight healthily. With 4 stone to go until my target weight of 10 stone, sadly in late 2011 my life fell apart and I went through a divorce, so I stopped SW, but those good healthy eating habits stayed with me and although I did regain 1st 12lbs I am quite proud that I didn't just put the whole lot back on again and I know that the healthy eating 'education' slimming world gave me helped tremendously with that. So now I'm back on the plan, first to lose that 1st 12lbs again, and then to tackle that other 4 stone! Take a look at the inspirational photos thread, they always help me when I'm struggling. They did it, and we can too :)

What an amazing post and story. Thank you for sharing it with me, you've totally inspired me. I'm starting tomorrow. I'm already paid up online, I'm moving end of march so I plan to join a class then

I've just done my first week and lost 9lbs, I have a lot to lose as my starting weight was 25st but it really is achievable to eat a lot and lose weight. I love it. I too feel desperately fed up with myself for my weight but slimming world has helped me get that positive mindset back x

Yay :) it has brought a tear to my eye to know I've inspired someone, I have to say. I'm so glad you've joined. Pm me anytime x

Good luck, when i started sw i made myself realise this wasn't a diet or a quick fix it was a way of changing my eating habits and giving me a healthy way to look at food for life xx

How's it going juju_doll?

Just to let you know, your inspiration has worked - I've been doing SW for a week and I'm going for my first weigh in tonight!

That's great, good luck! :)

Woohoo well done! :party0011:

yay, congrats! you finding it okay? do you feel any better about things? x

Definitely feeling better. Was hoping for more but being used to vlcd makes me expect a 10lb loss on week 1. This is far more manageable I think and can fit in with my life. It will take a while but it will stay off!

Back