Instead of Food week break?

Has anyone, just had a bit of protein every fourth day, or something similar? I think I'd be able to do so much better If I could have something little, scrambled eggs or a small steak for instance, every four or five days, than wait four weeks and eat every day for a week.

I think it's mainly because it's short spaces of time to wait before you know you can just have a bit of something and also because I honestly think after a week of eating each time it'll be harder going back to four weeks of no eating. It's small goals.

Anyone done this? Or am I just talking myself into something which is going to mean it basically won't work :cry:.

thank you everyone!!

This is a good idea, cause I think once I have a meal every nite on the 4th week.. it will totally trough me off the diet.. thats what happened to me when I was on Lipotrim. And I came off VLCD's for 9moths and put 4 stone back on.. so I really dont want that to happen..

Edieangelo said:
Has anyone, just had a bit of protein every fourth day, or something similar? I think I'd be able to do so much better If I could have something little, scrambled eggs or a small steak for instance, every four or five days, than wait four weeks and eat every day for a week.

I think it's mainly because it's short spaces of time to wait before you know you can just have a bit of something and also because I honestly think after a week of eating each time it'll be harder going back to four weeks of no eating. It's small goals.

Anyone done this? Or am I just talking myself into something which is going to mean it basically won't work :cry:.

thank you everyone!!

This is what GSQ our "maintainer" did. 1 meal a week.

Sorted then.. I'll have a bit of chicken tomorrow, with some green beans..
Thanks Dust Queen :)

Scarybush said:
Sorted then.. I'll have a bit of chicken tomorrow, with some green beans..
Thanks Dust Queen :)

Be careful though the eating can trigger off a spiral into more eating etc etc sometimes once you break abstinence it's a slippery slope so just beware x

is the week food break compulsory? or can you just carry on with TS if you dont want the break?

is the week food break compulsory? or can you just carry on with TS if you dont want the break?

A lot of people don't do the food break week, I have never done it since I started Exante. It would make it too hard for me to do that every 4 weeks. I would be worried that I wouldn't want to go back to TS and I need to stay TS as I find it easy as I'm never hungry when in Ketosis. I think the more times we have to restart a vlcd it gets harder to get motivated. I think Exante are just covering themselves as this isn't mentored in any way. Hope this helps..:)

I think that is very true catscratch! I am not going to do the break either, for me it would be a mistake... thankyou for the info x

well thats trown me.. gonna go 100%, cause it happened to me before. I started having a bit of chicken once a week. and 9months down the line.. i'm back to VLCD cause I put what I lost back on..

Its all down to the individual, I just know that I couldn't add food every 4 weeks and then keep going back TS. Its all or nothing so I plump for the All..

I have heard some people add semi or skimmed milk to the shakes in the 4th week, its something to do with the essential fats ur body needs which are not in the shakes themselves
Hope this helps :)

I personally couldnt add food once a week because it totally throws me off... AAM week... totally messes me up... I never come back! lol so its 10 weeks solid for me but be careful not taking a break if you are doing the diet solid for longer then a couple of months... I didnt break when i first started and my hair fell out... my hair went from hair band going round twice or three times in a pony tail... to wrapping around 5 times with ease :(

I personally couldnt add food once a week because it totally throws me off... AAM week... totally messes me up... I never come back! lol so its 10 weeks solid for me but be careful not taking a break if you are doing the diet solid for longer then a couple of months... I didnt break when i first started and my hair fell out... my hair went from hair band going round twice or three times in a pony tail... to wrapping around 5 times with ease :(

Thanks SammyE,
I think everything is about the individual and how you feel, I did TS from June to mid Oct with no AAM weeks and didn't notice any significant hairloss or any other nasty side effects. In fact I felt better than I had for years. Whilst on holiday and over Xmas I wasn't doing TS and I have gone back to constant bad stomachs and not feeling too great. I am now back on TS and am hoping I'll stop the stomach probs again in a week or two :fingerscrossed:. It obviously suits me. :character00238:

determinator said:
Mmm salmon and scrambled egg sound yum !! Last time I did exante I had a chicken omelette from the Chinese every Friday as hubby liked a takeaway , may do it in occasion this time too :)

Don't they make them with like 10 eggs to get them so yummy though? Lol

Lipotrim don't do add a meal week, so can't see a problem. Adding in food was my down fall last time!

I have milk already though, but the packs are not lacking in any essential fats!

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

Something to keep in mind though is that sometimes have a little break can restart the higher weightlosses, I find that after 10 weeks on a vlcd my losses start slowing down so if I have an AAM week or just a day off and eat properly before jumping back on then I have better losses.

Also its good to keep in contact with food otherwise it can become a bit of a nemesis and you will have to deal with it during mainteance so may as well learn to deal with during the weightloss too x

Obviously just my opinion and everyone is different :D

I also have skimmed milk in my coffee cos I just couldnt manage without it

Im going to have a splash of milk in my coffee now too, I have really missed coffee and I hate it totally black so this will make the diet much easier for me - a nice cuppa in the morning.

I'm worrying about the AAM week too! I'm very all or nothing which is why this diet works for me. It seems like madness to have 3 shakes and a meal then go back to just shakes. I'd rather drop a shake if I was going to have a meal! I'm struggling today! All I can think about is food!

I've had a few bits of protein food yesterday and today. I will monitor the weight loss and if/when it affects my weekly average loss which I need to meet, I'll cut it out again.

I think everyone is different and has different triggers. I really don't think a food week is a good idea for me at all. But I know that having the odd omelette or slice of cheese/ham will keep me motivated (and still in ketosis) rather than getting so desperate that I throw in the towel and binge on carbs.

Nobbling at protein when I feel I need to is just the lesser of two evils. I'm hoping the need for it will lessen as I get used to this and get farther away from my carb addiction.

This probably sounds daft but I don't really see ham or bacon or eggs or a steak etc as food. To me food is carbs, almost always white and refined, and sugar and junk, and that's what I want to break my addiction to.

I guess that if I manage to do this while having as small as possible protein snacks, I'll see it as a huge success for me.:eek:

Back