Introducing myself...

HelenaHandbasket

Hello, I'm HelenaHandbasket, and this is my second day on SS. I'm excited, and didn't find my first day too hard, but I'm also really nervous about what's ahead. I've lost lots of weight in the past, through straightforward calorie counting and exercise, but always put it all back on again. I'd really like to lose 8.5 stone by the end of the year. Is that even feasible? What's the average loss per month? I'd really like to know what the hardest part/times of the diet are likely to be. I'm someone who needs to know the worst!

Morning,

Its my Day 3 today and I have all the same questions/fears that you do, but I find my CDC and these boards are great as there are people just starting out, like us and people who've been with the plan for a long time and some who've slipped and got back on the wagon so there's an experienced person here for most questions.

I have 7st to lose and hope to do that by July/August so fingers crossed for both of us :)

Good Luck

T4A x

Hi Helenbasket and welcome:welcome:

I'm a relative newbie and its day5 of SS for me. I found the first few days were the hardest but believe me they do get better. I'm still combatting the urge of food but the hnger pangs have subsided and I'm focused enough to get through this.

Everyone here is so fun & supportive and like you I have 7st to lose but hoping to do that by July.

Just drink the water hun and you'll sail through. Good luck!
p.s. this forum is sooooo addictive :character00238:

Hi Helena, good luck with CD :D Cambridge say a stone a month so you can be slim for Christmas :party0011:

Hi Helena

Welcome to CD and Minis! The first week can be tough, headaches, dizziness, hunger etc but grit your teeth and it will get easier. Cambridge say you should lose 1st per month but it will be slightly more in the first month as first week is usually slightly higher.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted with how you are doing.

Georgie
x

Hi Helena,welocme to Minis and CD. First few days are definitely the hardest, but it will all be worth it when you step on the scales in a weeks time, lighter and lovelier! There is so much support and advice on here, its brilliant and highly addictive!! Make sure you post lots and keep us up to date on your progress.

Hi Helenbasket and welcome:welcome:

I'm a relative newbie and its day5 of SS for me. I found the first few days were the hardest but believe me they do get better. I'm still combatting the urge of food but the hnger pangs have subsided and I'm focused enough to get through this.

Everyone here is so fun & supportive and like you I have 7st to lose but hoping to do that by July.

Just drink the water hun and you'll sail through. Good luck!
p.s. this forum is sooooo addictive :character00238:

Thanks, FunellaFox. Glad to hear you're still doing well, 5 days in.

HH

Hi Helena

Welcome to CD and Minis! The first week can be tough, headaches, dizziness, hunger etc but grit your teeth and it will get easier. Cambridge say you should lose 1st per month but it will be slightly more in the first month as first week is usually slightly higher.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted with how you are doing.

Georgie
x

Thanks, Georgie. Your photos are absolutely inspirational :).

HH

Hi Helena,welocme to Minis and CD. First few days are definitely the hardest, but it will all be worth it when you step on the scales in a weeks time, lighter and lovelier! There is so much support and advice on here, its brilliant and highly addictive!! Make sure you post lots and keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks, Bobbin. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts.

HH

Hi Helena, welcome to minimins :)

Cambridge say a stone a month so you should easily have 8 stone off by the end of the year, I've been on it 7.5 months and have lost almost 11.5 stones. I found the first few days the hardest but after the first week, once your in Ketosis it is so much easier. Seeing the weight loss every week really keeps you motivated.

Good luck :D

Hi Helena, welcome to minimins :)

Cambridge say a stone a month so you should easily have 8 stone off by the end of the year, I've been on it 7.5 months and have lost almost 11.5 stones. I found the first few days the hardest but after the first week, once your in Ketosis it is so much easier. Seeing the weight loss every week really keeps you motivated.

Good luck :D

Wow, 11.5 stones?! That's amazing. Well done, you!

Thanks,
HH

I'm now at the end of day three honey and have 6 stone to lose, so stick with it and we will all be feeling and looking a million dollars come summer time! :)

Welcome Helena. I lost 6 stones in 20 weeks, so if you stick to it this diet works wonders! Good luck!

Back