Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Overseas' started by starting again tomorrow, 2 March 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. sus_murf

sus_murf Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maybe sometimes the metabolism needs a little kick!! I'm doing entertainment for a kids party tomorrow so I'm going to have to get all organised before I leave - make sure I take enough with me to keep me out of trouble and have dinner ready to cook when I get home so that I don't give in to the exhaustion and get a takeaway!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs_Taken

Mrs_Taken Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(30.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm taking the dogs to a dog park over an hour away today so I'm kinda in the same boat. Gonna go grab breakfast before I leave then make up a salad for lunch and take that with me. Hope it doesn't get too hot in my car tho, that'll be awkward :p should be home by 5 tho so plenty of time to sort dinner and if all else fails, I still have jacket spuds in the freezer :D

4. sus_murf

sus_murf Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today didn't go quite to plan - I went off without my lunch but I held out till I got home! I even took my niece to McDonald's and had a coffee!!

5. Mrs_Taken

Mrs_Taken Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(30.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done sus_murf, I don't think I could have done that x
    Delighted with 2.5lb off at wi last night but it was a bit misleading as I didn't wi last week and I know I had at least 5lb on then. I have 3.5lb left to my lowest and I want it off next week. X

6. OpalLilyEats

OpalLilyEats Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.84%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW / 5:2
    Good woman! Don't read into it or analyse it too much - it's all going in the right direction :)

I got up early this morning and smashed out day 2 of 30 day shred. Going well so far :)

Out for sushi tonight for dins but hopefully all on plan - here's to another good day!! xx

7. sus_murf

sus_murf Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am in awe of people who get up early to exercise!!

Well done Mrs Taken, I was down 2.5 as well - so I'm at my lowest ever and 4.5lbs to target. I'm aiming to make that in 3 weeks (but secretly hoping for 2!!)

8. OpalLilyEats

OpalLilyEats Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.84%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    So close Sus!!! Are you treating yourself to anything when you get there? x

9. sus_murf

sus_murf Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I had no plan to but I saw those salsa jeans the last day I was shopping and I'm thinking of investing!!

10. Orla1973

Orla1973 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(36.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good morning, I havent been around for a week now, last week was a nightmare and I'm sorry but I hadnt the heart to update my stats because star week arrived again on weigh in day and I was up 2Ibs. I put my heart and soul into this week eating lots of speed and was down only 1Ibs, to say I'm gutted is an understatement because I have an awful lot coming up in the next few weeks and it is going to be very difficult to even just maintain and at this stage I'm actually doubting myself whether I will make it to target. I have some really good friends who have been great at giving me some encouragement and support and without this I think I may have had a gain this week. I know it is a loss but to me it isnt really because last week really wasnt a gain due to star week and I still didn't lose all that last night.

I owe you all that because some of you have been truly fantastic and you know who you are and I want to thank you (Fiona and Laura you especially). I havent had a chance to catch up with all the posts but when I get a chance I will

11. Mrs_Taken

Mrs_Taken Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(30.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done for putting that out there orla, it can't have been easy. Also for keeping at it when you are feeling so low. That's incredible. You have so much focus and you're so close to target, you can't give up now. X
    Instead of looking at the scales from week to week, try considering your losses on a 4 week basis. That should eliminate the fluctuations from star week. If you still aren't happy and you know you deserved better, are there any other factors that might be affecting your metabolism? Things like medication, illness, soreness, stress, increase in exercise could all be to blame. I have come off the pill lately and I am finding it sooooo much easier to lose, even if I am eating worse.
    Good luck hun, you can do it xxx

12. Orla1973

Orla1973 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(36.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It wasn't easy Mrs_Taken but I felt that there is a lot of lovely people on here who are genuinely interested in knowing how I'm getting on, this can overwhelm me at times but often can cheer me up on not such a bright day

I actually did feel like throwing in towel last night but I said no there is over 2 years of hard work gone into losing this much weight that I'm not going to throw it all away in a matter of weeks. Only one thing that it could be is I'm doing 15 minutes on the trampoline nearly every day and the backs of my legs are fairly muscular so it could be just muscle but I shall keep going and hopefully target won't be too far away fingers crossed

Thanks hun

13. sus_murf

sus_murf Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(18.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's so disheartening when you don't get the result you deserve isn't it?? I know you have a good consultant Orla - we had a really good one covering our group, and her mantra was "trust in the plan" - it sounds really simple but I find it really motivating, just to remember that as long as we follow the rules, the weight will go. Maybe not this minute but definitely soon!!

14. mrs_moose

mrs_moose Member

Hi ladies
    May I join in
    I've been a on off member for 2 years now but the last year I haven't been following plan and am up 1.5 stone
    Feel like I'm in limbo desperate to loose the weight but no motivation to do it!
    Haven't bn to class in 3 weeks so am hoping to go back today with a fresh start! Fingers crossed for me
    I've over 3stone to loose.

15. OpalLilyEats

OpalLilyEats Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.84%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    I think the weather getting a little nicer is a great motivator! Whereabouts are you from mrs_moose?

16. mrs_moose

mrs_moose Member

I'm from wicklow :)
    Went back to class and was taster morning yum :)

17. Orla1973

Orla1973 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(36.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, really sorry I haven't been on for a while but this time I'm hoping to keep up to date with posting. Work has been really busy and have been very busy at home too so very little time to update

Last night was weigh in and after been to a confirmation on Monday in Cork and ate and drank all around me, I still managed to lose 1Ib (was down 1Ib last week too) and now back to the weight I was two weeks ago

Anyway, I have 9.5Ibs to go to target so now I'm in the single figures (again) and lets hope I will continue to go that way but very difficult as I have something on every weekend for the next 5 weeks (confirmation this Saturday but I think I can stay on plan as I will be at home for this)

Wedding in Listowel next Thursday, going to London with my friend and her three daughters the weekend after, lunch possibly in Dublin the weekend after and then the mini marathon the weekend after that. All I can do is take each week as it comes and hope for the best

18. mrs_moose

mrs_moose Member

That's it orla try stay positive
    I'm the same and nervous I hope I stick to plan
    Communion Sunday
    30th next week
    A birthday week after and so on ?

19. Orla1973

Orla1973 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(36.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I feel a good loss is on the cards next Tuesday so I'm determined to stay on plan this weekend completely and up my speed at least from 1/3 to 2/3 every day

Next week and the week after are the toughest for me and my consultant said to take each day at a time, she reckons one or even two days damage won't affect the scales once I'm good the other 5 days and that is all I'm going to do

20. Troodaloo

Troodaloo New Member

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I notice that everyone loves sausages. I have discovered fat free sausages, OK you pay a bit more but they are lovely. I get them from Whelan Butchers here in Ireland. I do get them delivered, the service is great. James Whelan the owner was on a Slimming World diet and hated the sausages out there and especially Quorn, so he went about developing a tasty fat free sausage. He also does fat free mince and meatballs. I love them all. All information on the web.
    Hope this helps
    Trudy

21. Mrs_Taken

Mrs_Taken Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(30.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I completed my first 5k today :D just under 36 mins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.