Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I agree KinaKK, there is something about the privacy of a screen rather than face to face

I'd definitely recommend getting on facebook just for slimming world izzy! its great for ideas that people might not share in group!

Well I took the plunge, joined their page, got accepted, now I need to get onto the memebers secret page, ha ha, all very cloak & dagger :D

Excellent, totally cloak and dagger but understandably so as a lot of people are very private about the fact they are in slimming world. It doesn't bother me at all as I would be very open but I'm definitely in the minority

Excellent, totally cloak and dagger but understandably so as a lot of people are very private about the fact they are in slimming world. It doesn't bother me at all as I would be very open but I'm definitely in the minority

Ah stop, I'm sure people are sick of me talking bout Slimming World & trying to convert them, ha ha:D

I'm with you Izzy, for getting slimmer of the week last Tuesday I got the contents of the basket and got all put in the carrier bag and I have been walking around with that bag all week, everyone was wondering at work how I lost so much and I told them it was the speed soup and now our chef decided to put it on the menu today and I have mine booked as I know it will be popular today

I'm with you Izzy, for getting slimmer of the week last Tuesday I got the contents of the basket and got all put in the carrier bag and I have been walking around with that bag all week, everyone was wondering at work how I lost so much and I told them it was the speed soup and now our chef decided to put it on the menu today and I have mine booked as I know it will be popular today

I'm sure the poor bloke in Tesco only got those sausages in to shut me up :) I cornered him in the meat section & tried explaining syns & sausages to him,I'm sure he thought I was nuts.

Enjoy your soup,I'm having leek & potato today ;)

Ah stop, I'm sure people are sick of me talking bout Slimming World & trying to convert them, ha ha:D

I think I wasn't mad about anyone knowing at the start but when the weight started falling off it was all people asked me when I met them! I even "stole" some women in work from other diets to join my group! Now any time I try a new recipe I bring them in to taste! I actually feel like a different person but I guess by losing nearly 6 and a half stone I have lost the second person I was carrying on my back!!

I think I wasn't mad about anyone knowing at the start but when the weight started falling off it was all people asked me when I met them! I even "stole" some women in work from other diets to join my group! Now any time I try a new recipe I bring them in to taste! I actually feel like a different person but I guess by losing nearly 6 and a half stone I have lost the second person I was carrying on my back!!

6.5st gone is an amazing lose, I bet if you put that weight in a rucksack you'd find it hard to carry it round all day, you must feel like a "new" woman Kinakk:)

I know! I feel like the person on my back is gone! The one saying have another cup cake or stay on the couch! It really changes your attitude to what you can actually do! I'd always look at before and after pics of people that lost loads of weight but always had the feeling that I could never do that or that's other people not me!

It never bothered me about telling people, I'm very open but I can totally relate to somebody else not wanting to say anything but like you said KinaKK people asked you and I'm sure you felt brilliant and it didn't bother you that people knew. Apparently I'm an inspiration to a lot of people and part of me doesn't like this as I feel the pressure is on me more to lose the weight but then I think I'm actually helping somebody else to lose weight and that outweighs the pressure I feel

It never bothered me about telling people, I'm very open but I can totally relate to somebody else not wanting to say anything but like you said KinaKK people asked you and I'm sure you felt brilliant and it didn't bother you that people knew. Apparently I'm an inspiration to a lot of people and part of me doesn't like this as I feel the pressure is on me more to lose the weight but then I think I'm actually helping somebody else to lose weight and that outweighs the pressure I feel

I know how you feel! My consultant uses me as an example in class an others tell me I inspire them however I do feel that little bit uncomfortable with it! I guess I feel like I joined to lose weight and still feel no different to all the other women in the class trying to lose weight! I do feel added pressure not to gain because everyone is so aware of what I'd lost but I have to appreciate that pressure has helped me through being able to lose weight dispute weddings and holidays! I'd be nowhere without my group!

Kinakk, I think exactly like you about the pressure, since the 13th August I have lost weight every week and because I'm collecting the money I see everyone and they all ask me how I got on so I feel the pressure to lose every week and at this stage I nearly want to gain so that that pressure is taken off my back but like you I do see that the pressure is helping me lose it.

I said to people from word go that I was in slimming world but most people in our group would be private except the few people like me and I totally respect that.

Had a non-scale victory this weekend. I managed to fit into an XL onesie from Penneys!! Not everyone's cup of tea, but I was ecstatic lol. Off on holidays in 2 weeks to Milan and already I've managed to fit into my old jeans so I'm thrilled to say the least.

Had a non-scale victory this weekend. I managed to fit into an XL onesie from Penneys!! Not everyone's cup of tea, but I was ecstatic lol. Off on holidays in 2 weeks to Milan and already I've managed to fit into my old jeans so I'm thrilled to say the least.

Ha ha Fergus I just slurped tea all over me laptop, fairplay to you & your onesie, whats it look like???Is it a superman or a moo-cow one???:D

Oh enjoy Milan in your jeans, it's great isn't it when you can feel the difference in clothes!!

Hi Every1!
Ive had such a bad weekend eating wise :sigh: i was at a buffet resturaunt on friday night before seeing a show and from then it all went down hill
sat i was at my godsons birthday party and nibbled on sweets etc and then yesterday i had crisps and choc.
So today is a new week! i have nothing planned all week or weekend so im determined to lose (what i have gained this week) and more!
today im going to get some shopping and stick to mostly fruit and veg!

Hi Every1!
Ive had such a bad weekend eating wise :sigh: i was at a buffet resturaunt on friday night before seeing a show and from then it all went down hill
sat i was at my godsons birthday party and nibbled on sweets etc and then yesterday i had crisps and choc.
So today is a new week! i have nothing planned all week or weekend so im determined to lose (what i have gained this week) and more!
today im going to get some shopping and stick to mostly fruit and veg!

Ooooh I love buffet restaurants:D Look whats done is done, dust yourself off, it's a new week, do your shopping, maybe do a meal plan & a list before you go, don't forget to get a few low syn treats & have yourself a great week. This can only make you more determined to give it socks this week & e mega good.

What show did you go see?I'm nosey

Ooooh I love buffet restaurants:D Look whats done is done, dust yourself off, it's a new week, do your shopping, maybe do a meal plan & a list before you go, don't forget to get a few low syn treats & have yourself a great week. This can only make you more determined to give it socks this week & e mega good.

What show did you go see?I'm nosey

I went and seen Grease it was a semi-professional show but it was fantastic!

see i dont seem to find any nice low syn treats that i can have to curb my wanting of bad things!
the buffet was amazing a mix of indian/chinese/italian/mexican and loads more!

yea i need to plan my weeks better! i struggle alot with lunch too! i need to make soups but im the only one that eats them and then alot is wasted :(

I went and seen Grease it was a semi-professional show but it was fantastic!

see i dont seem to find any nice low syn treats that i can have to curb my wanting of bad things!
the buffet was amazing a mix of indian/chinese/italian/mexican and loads more!

yea i need to plan my weeks better! i struggle alot with lunch too! i need to make soups but im the only one that eats them and then alot is wasted :(

Oh I love musicals, the last one I went to was a local production of Miss Saigon & it was very good.

I'm partial to the odd chinese buffet myself from time to time, I limit it to when we go away for a weekend or holiday (maybe thats why I gain at these times,lol).

Yeah I think it's all in the planning really, if I havn't got stuff handy or in mind thats when I make silly choices. I tend to keep my fruit full & never leave the house without a couple of pieces & a bottle of water/squash.

Lunch wise, you could look on the meal idea threads or make some of your faves, stick in takeaway cartons/tupperware for a quick reheat. I tend to have leftovers for lunch as well.

Monday night is my weigh-in so tonight I'll make a shopping list, tomorrow morning shop, only buy whats on the list (try stay away from the naughties), weigh out my cheese for the week (otherwise I either don't eat it, as can't be ar$ed to weigh or I guesstimate) & skimmed milk. I try have a bit of an idea of what I'll cook throughout the week, I sometimes batch cook a chilli or curry, portion it to freeze & use as I need. Snacks wise I like flumps 2syns, curly wurly 6syns, small diary milk 5.5syns, low syn corn snacks 4-5syns. Or syn free snacks are frozen grapes, chilled water melon, carrot sticks & homemade hoummous.

Hope that helps:)

Back