Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

ye. am really going for it this week, having loads of super speed foods...changed around what i eat so fingers crossed the scales will show a difference this thursday:rolleyes:

Can I ask are you all sticking to Extra Easy or Reg/Green, or do you mix it up a bit? I've been looking at my diary this week and I did EE every day. The previous 2 weeks I had at least 3 days of Green each week and my losses were better. Perhaps I should stick more to Green? Save EE for the weekends or eating out?

Can I ask are you all sticking to Extra Easy or Reg/Green, or do you mix it up a bit? I've been looking at my diary this week and I did EE every day. The previous 2 weeks I had at least 3 days of Green each week and my losses were better. Perhaps I should stick more to Green? Save EE for the weekends or eating out?
have to say i laughed out loud when i read your name:D i was always on ee but i dont really know anything about the other plans , i am trying to find out more on this site... what would you eat on a green day?

Thanks farmer me. Green days are ideal for vegetarians - which I'm not but I'd happily go all day without eating meat when I'm not cooking for my OH also.

With green days you can eat a lot of carbs! It's great if that's what you like. You don't have to stick to the 1/3 superfree rule either. You can also have 2 HEBs and 1 or 2 HEAs. You can still have meat but would count it as a HEB, so usually if I go with a green day I would avoid meat altogether and have an extra HEB for a couple of Alpen Lights or a Fibre Plus Bar (yum!)

Ee wasn't really working for me - I stick mostly to red - I'd love to hear what you do for green days though.

I was just going to post asking about your plans.

For this week to get my head around things (and to try and stop me counting ww points), I plan on doing extra easy.
But would really love to hear what your eating on green and red days. I am not a mad meat eater to be honest and I would only eat chicken breasts or fish maybe once a week.

Can you post some of your sample menus if ye get a chance to give some inspiration.
Thanks girls!

I've only recently started to do the green days so no 100% sure I've got them right, or have figured out best how to use the plan, but I think I have been doing ok, without exactly being the most adventurous with my food. I've yet to do a Red day so would love to hear what you are eating sus_murf.

On green days my breakfast would usually be the same as always - either fruit salad and FF yoghurt, or weetabix with a banana and milk from my HEA, or sometimes I do the magic porridge with extra berries.

Lunches would normally involve salad and I'd have it with a vegetarian SW quiche or pasta salad etc.

Dinners could be anything from pasta in tomato sauce with lashings of reduced fat cheese, baked potato with beans, cheese & salad, superspeed soup, mixed spicy beans with rice as a kind of chilli, stuffed peppers, etc, or else if I want to have say lasagna etc I would either just have it with loads of veg or added quorn. I'm still adjusting to quorn tho. Not really 100% convinced about it.

And then some days I start out as an extra easy day to realise I only had the tiniest bit of meat or fish all day and put it down to a HEB and change to a green day. I think due to being able to have loads of potatoes, rice, pasta, couscous etc, that the green days are good too when you're a little bit broke i.e. for the week before payday!

I must have more of a luck about green days, sounds like the kind of food I would eat a lot of.

Do you find it hard to think of ideas for lunchs at work?
I only really have access to hot water, no fridge, so have brought in a lot of fruit. I love weetabix with hot water and a banana so thats my beakfast, snack on fruit, and then???, not really sure what I should bring.

I brought some cous-cous yesterday, (which was yum), and today had a tuna salad. What do ye bring for your work lunch?

Thanks again, this website is so helpful!- Love it!

I might try some green days next week!

On a red day, for breakfast I usually have weetabix and fruit, or fruit and yogurt if I need the HExB in the evening!!

Lunch is some type of salad, with chicken or ham, lettuce, tomato, some coleslaw (count the syns), or a feta, watermelon and tomato salad; salmon pate with ryvita (hexB); brown bread (hexB) with salad plate.

Dinners: Steak with roasted veg; spag bol (wholemeal pasta as HexB); fish pie; cod with breadcrumbs (synned or HExb); diet coke chicken with salad; that sort of thing. I'm really making use of the website, trying to come up with new recipes every night!

you know if you're doing a steak on the pan in fry lite and you throw some mushrooms and onions on the pan also are they still free?

Do any of you know where stocks mugshots? I bought out Aldi when they had them on sale a while back - one of their weekly specials - and they were pretty filling, and not bad tasting. I found them great for when I was hungry between meals, but was either saving my syns or the house was filled with naughties I was desperate to avoid.

Also, anyone know where we can get the low fat supernoodles? I've not seen them anywhere (ever) but now that I'm trying to do a few more green days, I reckon these would be handy.

FMBP - is it ok if I shorten your name (and I don't want to call you Fatty!!!) - you can get the Mugshots in Tesco in Mahon point - where you will also get chicken bovril for SW KFC chicken! I haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't know where you would get low fat noodles.

Hi guys,

I'm based in Dublin and have been on SW since 11th Jan, have lost 2st 9.5lbs to date. Really struggling at the moment, trying to find my mojo again! I've got another 3stone or so to go!

Thanks for that info Sus_murf. I will def be checking out Tesco next time I'm in the MP area. Just one other thing - whereabouts would I find the mugshots? Is it near the pasta? The instant soups? Thanks.

Anyway, weigh in for me in the morning. Not feeling too confident about it - and after last weeks STS I was really hoping I'd do better this week. It's those damned bank holidays. I swear I was a 100% SW-er until Easter and since then I have been great most days until about 9 in the evening, and could very easily consume 20syns or more between then and bed time, and that's after using most of my daily 15 already. I know I shouldn't, but I just seem to lose all willpower. And I know only too well that this is my danger time. That's when most of my snacking went on before I started SW, so I know it contributed to a huge amount of my weight gain so I really should know better :(

And of course theres the long weekend "visiting". Was in West Cork on Saturday and called to see some friends - I couldn't possibly be so rude as to turn down all the lovey goodies they put on for us. Now I was "good" - better than usual at least - but would reckon I far exceeded my syns allowance so I stopped counting for the rest of the day (even had a 99 :eat:).

Today we called to see the in-laws. MIL is one of those "tell it like it is" people, and would say straight to your face "God bless you, you've got very fat". But now that I'm losing some she seems to be doing her best to make sure I don't succeed. I did try not to give in - if nothing else just so she couldn't get one over on me - but I was told I had offended her and all eyes were on me until I took the cake. And damnit, it was so good, I had a second piece :break_diet:

But, on a positive note, previously I would have said this diet isn't working for me and would have gone back to my old ways, but instead I'm all geared up for a fresh start tomorrow. I may still fall off the wagon, but I fully intend getting back on and to keep doing that until this becomes second nature to me. So that's got to be a good thing, right?

Anyway hope ye lovely ladies had a great weekend. Will probably be back on again tomorrow looking for some shoulders to cry on :wave_cry:

Well ladies, I got off to a flying (& surprising) start with my weigh in of 2.5lbs off this week - I weigh at home so it's the first thing I do every Tuesday.

Anyway, I had to take my little fella to the Public Health Nurse for his latest check-up, and didn't I only end up having to get on the scales with him so she could check his weight. First of all, I was totally morto :eek:! She must only be about 8 stone herself and as I weigh at home my true weight is usually kept between me and my scales. But then to make things worse, her scales showed me at a full 6 pounds more :eek:

I know I will continue to gauge my weight loss against my own scales, but to be almost a half stone heavier than I thought I was is truly depressing. That puts me at nearly 16 stone starting out with SW :cry:I refuse to believe it though! She must just need a new scales after having dozens of people hopping up and down on them every day for the last 20 years!

oh I would say those scales are well out. Go by your scales and forget about it. Wipe it from your memory now......
Anyway dont think about what you have to loose. Just break it down by what you want to loose each month. Its make it more achievable.
Well done on your loss. .Best of luck for the week ahead.

FMBP, I honestly think that weight is just a number, it's how you look and feel that's the important thing. So as long as you're weighing yourself on the same scales every week, the weight you're losing will be accurate. And well done on the weight loss.

I had to do the being rude to the inlaws - last time I travelled I brought my own food and refused everything cooked by her - she cooks all her food in butter. I told her that I had to make a stand or I'd never lose the weight. Then I added the clincher that she was getting no more grandchildren till I got to target and she was right in my corner!!!

Oh sus. Funny you should say that coz.....well, after claiming I wasn't having any other children, or at least abso-flippin-lutely not until I was at target to give me some hope of losing the baby weight while on mat leave second time around (instead of continuing to gain).....erm......well I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant :eek: This is a Huuuuuuuge shock to me. My husband is sick at the moment so I haven't even told him yet. I think the shock would kill him. I don't know when I will tell him yet. Maybe wait until it's been confirmed by my doctor.

I believe it's OK to continue with SW while pregnant, but I obviously didn't check it out while I was an on-line member. There's probably plenty of info on here anyway, so hopefully I won't have to sign up again. Money is going to be reeeeeally tight, but I want to lose weight, and hopefully be able to use my maternity clothes from last time round.

Back